Necromage Vampire Lord run help.

#1MetaXGrossPosted 9/6/2012 7:56:49 AM(edited)
Originally, I was going to be a Dark Elf Vampire Lord. I was going to beat the Companions missions & the College of Winterhold missions, then start Dawnguard and join Dawngaurd for the Crossbow upgrades & such, and then get turned into a Vampire Lord


But then I remembered that I can use Necromage to help boost certain things, which was perfect for me since I need to get my character better since I'm giving up all the upgrades I could get from joining Clan Volkihar.

So now, I'm not sure how I should go about this, or what the most efficient way to do this.

I need to be a Vampire first before Necromage will work, so I obviously have to do Dawnguard first right? Join Dawnguard, finish those missions, then get the Vamp Lord form.

Then I have to get Restoration up to 70, what is the most efficient way?

And I'm not sure what race I want now. Dark Elf, Breton, or a High Elf.

I like the Dark Elf for Fire Resistance, and they look cool.

Breton for all-around Magic Resistance.

High Elf because they give you 50 more Magic, which is going to be helpful for me I assume. Plus, I remember something on here about High Elfs that, since they're the tallest character, they move the fastest, and have the strongest melee. Not sure though.

I will mainly use Heavy Armor, & Light Armor. I will have a good set of Enchanted Armors & Robes later on when I get those Perks up.


Thanks!


!!!EDIT!!!
Just read on a post, I can find it if needed, and the post said that if you become a Vampire before you do the Dark Brotherhood, It will glitch and not be able to be finished. If that's the case, I must do the Dark Brotherhood first before Dawnguard since I actually want to complete this. That also means I must do the Companions first as well, since I will get turned into a Werewolf.

Would I just be better off to become a Vampire first before I start any missions?

Also, will Dawnguard still accept me as a Vampire? lol
---
Not changing until the Lions win the Superbowl. 7-17-07
#2DOSFPosted 9/6/2012 8:12:07 AM
MetaXGross posted...

!!!EDIT!!!
Just read on a post, I can find it if needed, and the post said that if you become a Vampire before you do the Dark Brotherhood, It will glitch and not be able to be finished. If that's the case, I must do the Dark Brotherhood first before Dawnguard since I actually want to complete this.


Wait, what?

If this is true (going to check UESP now), then that buggers me up a little. I was planning on doing an Argonian vampire with the intention of using Necromage, and the Dark Brotherhood was last on the list of vanilla guilds to complete. :/
---
"I'M HERE TO SAVE YOU! Right after I get done rubbing my arse against this wall." - Arctic_Sunrise
#3CelticTravellerPosted 9/6/2012 9:07:09 AM
I can confirm that you CAN join and complete the DB as a Dawnguard vampire.

I just recently did it with my dunmer.

No glitches at all.
---
GT - Jay Monoxide
#4MetaXGross(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2012 9:45:45 AM
CelticTraveller posted...
I can confirm that you CAN join and complete the DB as a Dawnguard vampire.

I just recently did it with my dunmer.

No glitches at all.


Score.
---
Not changing until the Lions win the Superbowl. 7-17-07
#5abel13111Posted 9/6/2012 9:47:05 AM
If I may ask, what is that glitch?
---
Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.-Mark Twain
#6BarakahPosted 9/6/2012 9:55:10 AM
MetaXGross posted...


And I'm not sure what race I want now. Dark Elf, Breton, or a High Elf.

I like the Dark Elf for Fire Resistance, and they look cool.

Breton for all-around Magic Resistance.



I don't know if this will make your decision any easier, and maybe you already know, but you can become completely immune to magic attacks with any of the races. Breton is easiest though, you'd need 100 Alteration to do it with the other races. It's worth doing either way imo.

Find the Atronach standing stone in the hot springs south of Windhelm, that allows you to absorb (absorption also doubles as resistance) 50% of all magic attacks.

Then put points into the Magic Resistance Alteration perk. You need level 70 Alteration for 3/3 which is 30% resistance, but you only need to put two points here for 20% resistance.

Then finally put a point into the Alteration perk Atronach, which requires 100 Alteration and allows you to absorb 30% of all magic attacks.

With all said and done there you'd be 100% resistant to magic and you'd automatically steal 80% of any magicka used against you. At all times, even as a Vampire Lord or Werewolf. It's an especially powerful set up for a Vampire Lord though, because they use magicka themselves. Whenever you go up against a magic user as a Vampire Lord with those perks not only are they unable to harm you, they're making you stronger every time they attack you.


MetaXGross posted...
Also, will Dawnguard still accept me as a Vampire? lol


Nah you'll need to change back, otherwise they wont talk to you lol.
#7DCdemonic1Posted 9/6/2012 10:14:10 AM
Barakah posted...
With all said and done there you'd be 100% resistant to magic and you'd automatically steal 80% of any magicka used against you.


Magic resistance, elemental resistance, and magic absorption cap at 85% each so you can't get 100%, just very close to it. With 85% MR and 85% of each elemental resistance you'd have 97.75% resistance to each element. Previously a V/N could get 100% spell absorption but as of the latest patch you're now capped at 85%. Absorption is the chance you take no damage from the spell and gain magicka from it, meaning only 15% of spells would deal damage (which would then be reduced by MR and elemental resistance) and you won't gain any magicka.
#8theonyxphoenixPosted 9/6/2012 12:00:56 PM
I was able to get 100% absorption with my Altmer Vampire without Necromage. I just brewed a 334% fortify destruction potion and then took the Atronach Perk while under the effects of the potion. It boosts the absorption to slightly over 100% and is permanent. You can brew a less powerful potion if you want to have the Atronach stone active all of the time.
---
Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright.
The Wolf Man - (1941)
#9MetaXGross(Topic Creator)Posted 9/7/2012 7:40:05 AM
Bump.
---
Not changing until the Lions win the Superbowl. 7-17-07
#10DCdemonic1Posted 9/7/2012 5:09:01 PM
theonyxphoenix posted...
I was able to get 100% absorption ...


Taken from UESP:
Since Version 1.7.7.0.6 Spell Absorption has a cap like other resistances do. A value of 100% or higher is possible but guarantees only 85% absorption of all spells and other non-combat effects. This can be achieved temporarily with the Breton racial power along with the Atronach Stone, or permanently for a Vampire with the Necromage perk, Atronach perk, and Atronach Standing Stone. Other characters can have at most 80% Magic Absorption, using the Atronach Stone and Atronach perk from Alteration skill.

I haven't tested to see if there was a cap, I'm simply going by what UESP says.