Buying a house in dawnstar

#1Vette-LPCPosted 9/6/2012 1:57:18 PM
i got the new dlc, but i cant seem to find anyone in the the white hall that will sell me the plot of land for dawnstar. does anyone know the name of the specific person who sells you the plot, and if there is something that may be interfering with them selling it to me?
#2TheDarthTater93Posted 9/6/2012 2:08:52 PM
Talos!
#3JackNurSnakPackPosted 9/6/2012 2:10:52 PM
Vette-LPC posted...
i got the new dlc, but i cant seem to find anyone in the the white hall that will sell me the plot of land for dawnstar. does anyone know the name of the specific person who sells you the plot, and if there is something that may be interfering with them selling it to me?

The jarl, and it helps ALOT to do the Deadric quest first. the Nightmare one.
---
"Lighthouses are more usefull than churches" - Benjamin Franklin-
#4glassghost0Posted 9/6/2012 2:16:40 PM
JackNurSnakPack posted...
Vette-LPC posted...

The jarl, and it helps ALOT to do the Deadric quest first. the Nightmare one.

Yes dude, you have to do the prerequisite quest in order to buy the land, but also, there is a bug that makes it where the dialogue doesn't appear to purchase after you've done it. I'm in that unfortunate boat. If anyone knows how to fix it I would like to know. Otherwise, I guess I just have to wait for a patch or something.
---
Check out my Youtube Videos at https://www.youtube.com/user/GlassGhost0/videos
#5MaeburePosted 9/10/2012 1:26:27 AM
I don't know about you, but for me I did the Nightmares quest then talked to him and didn't get the quest to help the citizens like you normally do for other Jarls. That may not be what happened to you or it could, I don't know. But that's my specific issue.

Normally I would just go to the local inn and find a bounty and doing that would usually open the citizens quest, but there's no work at the Dawnstar inn.
---
Reading is good. It improves your vocabulary, expands your imagination and provides endless amounts of information.