buying land from jarl in falkreath

#1ZeroCool000111Posted 9/7/2012 1:13:27 PM
where is he at? i talked to the one (jarl siddgeir). but, it didnt have the option to buy land.
---
PSN/Vita: GrimReaper4383 360: CMaggotbone
Pre-Ordered 8 games so far. that includes a bundle as well...
#2Joe_CobbsPosted 9/7/2012 1:14:59 PM
You buy it from the steward like any other property.
#3ZeroCool000111(Topic Creator)Posted 9/7/2012 1:17:34 PM
where is he/she at?
---
#4Joe_CobbsPosted 9/7/2012 1:18:37 PM
Within 10 feet of the jarl usually.
#5ZeroCool000111(Topic Creator)Posted 9/7/2012 1:21:40 PM(edited)
found her. but, i dont have the option to buy land.

just these 2.

how long have you been a steward?
why is your cemetery so large?
---
#6Talon5967Posted 9/7/2012 1:23:41 PM
You have to do his two favor quests. The option will be something along the lines of "you're looking for work". The first one is to get him a bottle of Black-Briar Mead. The second is to wipe out a bandit camp. After that, he should authorize you to buy land from the steward. This also puts you halfway to becoming a thane.

If you don't see the option for work, you're suffering the same glitch I got hit with. I tried everything I could think of. Knocking out all other quests in Falkreath. Deleting and redownloading both Hearthfire and Dawnguard, separately (maybe I should try doing them together, but I already have two houses up, and full set of dragonbone weapons). I even tried attacking the jarl, and then reloading (the trick that resets merchant's inventories).

Now that I think about it, I may try wiping both dlc's, loading my file to make it register, and see if things change. If it does, I'll have to do the houses and my armory over again, but whatever.
---
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that know binary, and those that don't.
Gamertag: Talon Omega
#7supersonic953Posted 9/7/2012 1:23:46 PM
I didn't have the option either. I had to do a few quests to get the jarl to like me. I think the last one was me killing some bandits for him to tie up lose ends then he started saying something along the lines of liking me because I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty and that there's some land if I'm interested. After that it becomes available.
#8ZeroCool000111(Topic Creator)Posted 9/7/2012 1:24:45 PM
thx for the info talon.
---
#9Talon5967Posted 9/7/2012 1:29:50 PM
I assume you had the option of getting work. Glad it worked out. Now I'm going to go grocery shopping, get something to eat, and then likely set myself up for a whole lot of rework in Skyrim (I've decided to delete both dlc's). Hundereds of iron ingots, and I don't think I have enough dragon bone to replace the armory (got around 35 pieces). Guess I'll be doing some hunting as well. Glad it's a weekend.
---
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that know binary, and those that don't.
Gamertag: Talon Omega
#10asjuyPosted 9/7/2012 3:12:06 PM
If you haven't yet beat the civil war questline ally with the stormcloaks when they take falkreath the jarl is replaced and i got the ablity to buy land immediatly from the steward
---
R.I.P. Robert Jordan 1948-2007