How do I buy Lakeview Manor?

#1rick451Posted 9/10/2012 6:21:52 AM
The Jarl and the steward in Falkreath don't have an option to buy a plot of land from them. Is there anything I need to do before they let me buy it? I've been through all the options and even done some bounty quests and still no option appears.
---
Official Flareon of the B2/W2 Boards
#2da_gamaPosted 9/10/2012 6:46:52 AM
Don't you need to be the thane in the Hold you wish to purchase land in?
---
If you are interested in an ES Roleplay story go to the board in my quote
#3DocOdinePosted 9/10/2012 6:51:59 AM
If you have done the Dark Brotherhood, you kill someone in a certain mission and get blocked from buying it.
---
There is one big difference between Call of Duty and Skyrim. Call of Duty adds content each game while Bethesda takes away. -MC2011
#4rick451(Topic Creator)Posted 9/10/2012 7:15:12 AM
DocOdine posted...
If you have done the Dark Brotherhood, you kill someone in a certain mission and get blocked from buying it.

That's probably it then... D:
---
Official Flareon of the B2/W2 Boards
#5ShingouryuPosted 9/10/2012 7:43:12 AM
DocOdine posted...

I didn't encounter this... I've done every guild and that didn't prevent me from buying it (granted, I haven't done all of the assassination side missions for DB). You don't need to be thane, you just need to be able to buy land, which is the step beforehand. Keep doing stuff for the steward and the thane eventually should view you as trustworthy and ask you to get him some Black Briar Mead. Afterwards, he'll ask you to clear a bandit camp. Once you clear that quest you'll be able to buy it.
---
"Sometimes the bluest parts of the sky seem the farthest away. I guess that's what keeps people striving for it."