Stewards providing furnishings as opposed to just making them

#1thanoswizardPosted 9/12/2012 1:03:15 PM
When you pay your steward to furnish something in your home is it completely decorated too or do they just add the room for it? I've already built all rooms for all three Hearthfire locations but they are bare. And as much as it cost to have them furnish it for you I wanna make sure i'm getting everything for the room decked out before I pay a lot of money for something i'm not sure about. Also, how long will it take for the improvements to take effect?
---
Madness? THIS IS SKYRIM!!!(kicks dragon into pit of death)
#2CalistoCoonPosted 9/12/2012 1:37:02 PM(edited)
It takes A LONG time to for all the furnishings to show up, just go on some adventures.
---
GT:Emotional Hobo
#3thanoswizard(Topic Creator)Posted 9/12/2012 1:45:34 PM
CalistoCoon posted...
It takes A LONG time to for all the furnishings to show up, just go on some adventures.

But you're sure they will show up? In the answers section a lot of people claim that its still glitchy and the stuff never shows up.
---
Madness? THIS IS SKYRIM!!!(kicks dragon into pit of death)
#4brawl4funPosted 9/12/2012 2:44:47 PM
thanoswizard posted...
CalistoCoon posted...

But you're sure they will show up? In the answers section a lot of people claim that its still glitchy and the stuff never shows up.

Nope, it will take time for the stuff to appear. As you leave and come back you should notice new items in the room.
---
GT: PeskyBurrito2 N7:445 Clenching your butt? (link)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oShoh8O0Ty8
#5DocOdinePosted 9/12/2012 2:47:03 PM
thanoswizard posted...
CalistoCoon posted...

I think people expect them to be instant, like furnishing the vanilla homes. It takes time, probably intended to be more like stuff is really being purchased/ delivered, but it will full out over time.
---
There is one big difference between Call of Duty and Skyrim. Call of Duty adds content each game while Bethesda takes away. -MC2011
#6xamdamCOPosted 9/12/2012 3:24:02 PM
thanoswizard posted...
CalistoCoon posted...

They definitely show up, but they do take several days and the stewards won't buy EVERYTHING for you. I'm finding that many of the items in the miscellaneous section, such as planters for your greenhouse, still need to be built after your steward's furnishings show up.
---
Me: http://lbp.me/u/xamdam
My best level: http://lbp.me/v/dvkqc
#7VasDeferensPosted 9/12/2012 3:35:52 PM
I guess I'll just use my steward for ordering materials . I'd like to build everything myself anyway . It makes me feel more like a homeowner watching their house be built one step at a time, and I can choose which items to add first .
---
Skyrim belongs to the Nerds !!