Becoming both a Vampire Lord and Werewolf...now with added Necromage

#1theonyxphoenixPosted 9/17/2012 7:27:18 AM(edited)
Thanks to kornbeefncabage for bringing this to my attention.

Spoilers ahead....

You must progress through the Dawnguard quest so that you can have Serana as a follower and will allow you to have her transform you in to a vampire. You must also have progressed in the Companions quest where you can turn in to a werewolf. You must also already have the Vampire Lord power.

Now when you are about to drink the blood to become a werewolf you must simultaneously press A and the RB button to begin your Vampire Lord transformation. If you did it right...you will begin transforming just as the screen goes black. You will come to as a werewolf but your VL transformation will complete and you will turn in to a Vampire Lord. Immediately revert form and speak to Serana. Ask her to transform you in to a Vampire again and viola. Beast Blood and Vampire Lord Form. Now...as for the details:

When you transform in to a Vampire Lord you will have glowing eyes and all of the benefits of Vampirism. You can still feed on sleeping NPCs...you will still progress in your vampire stages gaining all of the weaknesses, abilities, and boosted Necromage values that come along with being a vampire. You still retain Champion of the Night and Nightstalker's Footsteps as well. Your eyes will glow when not in VL form and you can still progress the Vampire Lord perk tree as normal. You will have 100% resistance to poison and disease as well as resistance to frost and weakness to fire and stunted regeneration in the sunlight as well as reduced health/magicka/stamina.

When you transform in to a Werewolf...you will still have access to the werewolf perk tree, your eyes will return to normal, and you can still feed as a werewolf normally...you will also retain use of the vampire powers Embrace of Shadow, Vampire's Seduction, and Vampire's Servant as well as Champion of the Night and Nightstalker's Footsteps. You retain the resistance to frost. Now the bad news: You will lose your resistance to poison, you will retain your weakness to fire, your abilities will no longer be affected by Necromage and you will retain your weakness to sunlight. That means the werewolf's extremely fast stamina regeneration (and the ability to power attack and leap attack as well as run) is reduced to almost nothing during the daytime. Your health/magicka/stamina values will be reduced just as if you were a vampire. The Ring of Hircine will work as normal when you have Beast Blood. Perks affected by Necromage will lost their boost as well since it is removed, then reapplied.

EDIT: Not certain if the perks will retain their Necromage boosts. My guess is that they do because they usually retain their boosts when cured of vampirism. I would say they stay but I'm busy testing other things at the moment.
---
Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright.
The Wolf Man - (1941)
#2Cast_SupremacyPosted 9/17/2012 7:44:37 AM
After all that testing... this method seems too good to be true!

I thought the various people involved had exhausted all the methods around Vampirism and when you first become a Werewolf...

Don't have any characters I can test it on though, I've always done the companions first before I get Vampirism and Necromage.
#3RikashiPosted 9/17/2012 7:50:31 AM
THIS is why you're probably the best poster this board will ever see.

gonna try this on a relatively new character tonight, hope it works like you said.
---
That's 35 games in a row... Best of 71?
Currently watching: Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad
#4metatrongrhm1Posted 9/17/2012 7:50:50 AM
It looks pretty awesome, I'll try it as soon as-

Oh wait, I'm on PS3
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/615803-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/62480101
#5readyaimfailPosted 9/17/2012 7:56:02 AM
........................,,-~*~,,
......................./:.:.:.:.:.|
......................|;.;.;.;.;./
......................|.;.;.;.;.|
............._,,,,,_.).;.;.;.;.|
.........,,-":.:.:.:."~-,;.;.;.|
........(_,,,,---,,_:.:.);.;.;..",,
......,-":.:.:.:.:.""-,,/;.;.;.;.;.",
.....(:.__,,,,,,,,,___);.;.;.;.;.;|
...../"":.:.:.:.:.:.:"";.;.;.;.;.,"
....",__,,,,,,,,,,,__/;;;;;;;;;/
......::.:.:.:.:.:.:.;.);;;;;;;;;/:
.......,,,,,---~~~~;;;;;;;;,"::::
.........."""~~--,,,,,,,,,,-"::::::::::
...................::::::::::::::::::::::
---
-_-
#6Cast_SupremacyPosted 9/17/2012 7:59:33 AM
theonyxphoenix posted...
Now when you are about to drink the blood to become a werewolf you must simultaneously press A and the RB button to begin your Vampire Lord transformation. If you did it right...you will begin transforming just as the screen goes black. You will come to as a werewolf but your VL transformation will complete and you will turn in to a Vampire Lord. Immediately revert form and speak to Serana.

How does that part work, if you becomes a Vampire Lord after the ritual instead of a Werewolf? Does it still fade to black after a while and you reappear near that Silver Hand fort with Aela?
#7RagingBullzPosted 9/17/2012 7:59:55 AM
readyaimfail posted...
........................,,-~*~,,
......................./:.:.:.:.:.|
......................|;.;.;.;.;./
......................|.;.;.;.;.|
............._,,,,,_.).;.;.;.;.|
.........,,-":.:.:.:."~-,;.;.;.|
........(_,,,,---,,_:.:.);.;.;..",,
......,-":.:.:.:.:.""-,,/;.;.;.;.;.",
.....(:.__,,,,,,,,,___);.;.;.;.;.;|
...../"":.:.:.:.:.:.:"";.;.;.;.;.,"
....",__,,,,,,,,,,,__/;;;;;;;;;/
......::.:.:.:.:.:.:.;.);;;;;;;;;/:
.......,,,,,---~~~~;;;;;;;;,"::::
.........."""~~--,,,,,,,,,,-"::::::::::
...................::::::::::::::::::::::

Don't let this die
---
#TheReturn
http://youtube.com/watch?v=bvLIM3ZWldk
#8Brenz0rPosted 9/17/2012 8:03:42 AM
Nice topic.

If somebody could do extra testing on this to provide additional confirmation, it'd be good.
---
"We get serious about fictional girl underpants, and kid around when it comes to topics like world hunger." ~Teepo on CAGN
#9theonyxphoenix(Topic Creator)Posted 9/17/2012 8:08:03 AM
Cast_Supremacy posted...
theonyxphoenix posted...
Now when you are about to drink the blood to become a werewolf you must simultaneously press A and the RB button to begin your Vampire Lord transformation. If you did it right...you will begin transforming just as the screen goes black. You will come to as a werewolf but your VL transformation will complete and you will turn in to a Vampire Lord. Immediately revert form and speak to Serana.

How does that part work, if you becomes a Vampire Lord after the ritual instead of a Werewolf? Does it still fade to black after a while and you reappear near that Silver Hand fort with Aela?

Before I posted anything about it I wanted it confirmed. This works 100% on Xbox because I tested it myself.

You activate the blood and the VL simultaneously. When the screen fades in again in Whiterun you are a werewolf...but the transformation to VL is already in progress so you will then finish the transformation. Revert to human form and Serana will bite you. You will still be a human but you cannot use the wait function since "enemies are nearby". I then went in to the underforge and waited. I then woke up near the Silver Hand fort with Aela.
---
Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright.
The Wolf Man - (1941)
#10theonyxphoenix(Topic Creator)Posted 9/17/2012 8:08:46 AM
Brenz0r posted...
Nice topic.

If somebody could do extra testing on this to provide additional confirmation, it'd be good.

What, you don't trust me? ;)
---
The Wolf Man - (1941)