Overpowered Vampires(Dawnguard)

#1ColeKlostie5Posted 9/18/2012 11:30:00 AM
The vampire mobs in Dawnguard DLC are far too strong. As known, the mob typically consists of 3 enemies, one being a Volikhar Vampire Master. Not only is this particular enemy extremely strong, but any one you kill simply gets conjured back to life. On master difficulty, this is impossible if they are focused on you.
#2jodiebigballsPosted 9/18/2012 11:35:53 AM
Can't tell if this is a joke topic? :S
Master vampires are nothing against a good fire spell/enchanted weapon even on master.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
#3ColeKlostie5(Topic Creator)Posted 9/18/2012 11:39:48 AM
100% serious. My bow does 250 damage, and yet the Master Vampire can cut through me in 4 or 5 quick casts.
#4ColeKlostie5(Topic Creator)Posted 9/18/2012 11:41:29 AM
Not to say that the damage of my bow has any effect on my magic resist. But rather than my massive damage output does not counter theirs.
#5pguy16Posted 9/18/2012 11:41:41 AM
Use some crowd control like ice form shout if you can't fight them all, a summon would also help.
---
Life is like a game, Play on easy, and cheat.
#6kaysa13Posted 9/18/2012 12:17:25 PM
i think it's not recommended to fight a vampire mob with a bow, close combat or mid-ranged fire magic should do the trick.

if you feel those mobs are ganging up on you, i suggest you use stendarr's aura (or flame cloak if you haven't got one yet) and/or use a summon.
#7MonsterHunterExPosted 9/18/2012 12:34:52 PM
Playing both pure mage and assassin I have noticed slow time helps if you are not within range of their life drain spell.

For archers slow time will get you more shot and retreat time whereas makes will get time to charge up firestorm (just hope you don't get staggered by a spell)
#8RayzoriumPosted 9/18/2012 12:59:09 PM(edited)
Summons, calm/fear/frenzy, invisibility, paralyze, slow time, stagger-lock. You have tons of tools at your disposal!

Source: I have 25-100 health and play like everything can one-shot me (because it's true).
#9BarakahPosted 9/18/2012 1:00:00 PM(edited)
ColeKlostie5 posted...
100% serious. My bow does 250 damage, and yet the Master Vampire can cut through me in 4 or 5 quick casts.

Try bumping up your magic resistance. And to be honest if you're using a bow, you should really be sneaking. Don't get me wrong, using a bow in a head on fight is doable.. but it's a lot riskier than any of the other weapon/spell types in the game. It's definitely worth avoiding if you're going up against a mage and your magic resistance can't cut it.

The good thing is you don't even need a good Sneak skill to stealth attack with a bow, because you don't have to get close. Hell you don't even need to stay hidden throughout the fight. If you land a sneak attack critical with that bow, you'll probably be able to kill a vampire outright. So whenever you encounter vampires, just sneak attack as many as you can to thin them out a bit and then take them head on.

The vampires in dawnguard aren't overpowered. They're annoying, and they kill all of the NPCs when you aren't looking, but they're not particularly tough if you play smart and avoid getting pummelled by multiple spells at once.
#10IymiwkuPosted 9/18/2012 1:29:50 PM
ColeKlostie5 posted...
The vampire mobs in Dawnguard DLC are far too strong. As known, the mob typically consists of 3 enemies, one being a Volikhar Vampire Master. Not only is this particular enemy extremely strong, but any one you kill simply gets conjured back to life. On master difficulty, this is impossible if they are focused on you.

Magic resistance potions or enchant something with MR.
---
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]