If I have Skyrim installed to my Hard Drive, how do I know its not using disc?

#1pro9b17Posted 10/2/2012 8:56:22 PM
Before loading up Skyrim, do I go to a different menu to play it off the hard drive? I know it still needs the disc in the tray to start up the game. But does it automatically play off the HD no matter how I click on "Play Skyrim"?
---
http://i.imgur.com/EFYRV.gif
#2darkportal785Posted 10/2/2012 8:58:06 PM
Yeah. Just click Play Skyrim.
---
Fill my heart up with sunshine, sunshine!
#3obishawnPosted 10/2/2012 9:00:13 PM
It will play off of the hard drive and only use the disk when necessary.
---
Winter is coming
#4rx54Posted 10/3/2012 5:56:17 AM
Stupid topic is stupid.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65sUVHMHvD0&t=1m7s
Experts.
#5agentspoonPosted 10/3/2012 6:05:22 AM
rx54 posted...
Stupid topic is stupid.

To be honest this is one of a the few legitimate topics this board has had in a while.
---
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?
Time is nigh, I must fly, Venture forth on my quest!
#620ME2cmpnvetPosted 10/3/2012 6:28:03 AM
Does your xbox sound like a hover craft tooling around on your entertainment center.

If it doesn't, then you are good to go.
---
I used to be Commander Shepard, then I took a plothole in the knee.
"This Forum has gone 0 days without a Star Wars Reference."
#7Purple_CheetahPosted 10/3/2012 6:51:46 AM
Should note that if it's installed it will run for a few minutes before suddenly stopping.
So if you install, play it normally and the disc abruptly stops after a short time while the game works fine... it's installed.
#8Talon5967Posted 10/3/2012 7:29:14 AM
agentspoon posted...
rx54 posted...
Stupid topic is stupid.

To be honest this is one of a the few legitimate topics this board has had in a while.

Exactly. This is Gamefaqs. We all know making a legitimate topic here is a form of blasphemy.
---
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that know binary, and those that don't.
Gamertag: Talon Omega
#9rx54Posted 10/3/2012 7:30:12 AM
Talon5967 posted...
agentspoon posted...
rx54 posted...
Stupid topic is stupid.

Exactly. This is Gamefaqs. We all know making a legitimate topic here is a form of blasphemy.

It's okay if you make a dumb topic on purpose.
But this was a legitimate stupid question.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65sUVHMHvD0&t=1m7s
Experts.
#10LutharianPosted 10/3/2012 7:35:18 AM
rx54 posted...
Talon5967 posted...
agentspoon posted...
rx54 posted...
Stupid topic is stupid.

It's okay if you make a dumb topic on purpose.
But this was a legitimate stupid question.

How is this a stupid question? The guy had a legitimate issue and wanted help. Some older PC games could run with a full install and no disc, hell some can install and still run the disc. I know when this first came to the 360 dashboard, many were concerned as to how this exactly worked. If you think it's stupid, go post in some other useless topic. TC doesn't need your BS.

*tips hat*
---
GT: SpuddieS101
Black FC 1377 9416 0878