"There are vampires attacking towns all over Skyrim, so..."

#1charon78auPosted 10/4/2012 4:19:41 PM
"...how about we go out for a midnight stroll?"
- Any blacksmith in Skyrim
---
Dakka dakka, boom boom! I like fluffy pancakes and long walks on the beach.
GT: Charon78
#2R41NB0W-D45HPosted 10/4/2012 4:25:14 PM
Eorlund die on you?
---
Lemme just quote the late, great Colonel Sanders. He said, "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken."
#3charon78au(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 4:26:57 PM
R41NB0W-D45H posted...
Eorlund die on you?

Eorlund, Rusleif & his wife, Adrianne, Balimund - you name it.

Blacksmiths are like gun store owners. They think they're badass because they have all these weapons laying about the place, but no...just no.
---
#4R41NB0W-D45HPosted 10/4/2012 4:35:08 PM
Ouch. I feel for you. I apparently lost Erikur, that Thane in Solitude, to a vampire attack. Didn't even know it happened. Went into Solitude for five minutes to check the clothing store for an amulet and left the town. Got attacked by a group of thugs afterward, with a note from Gisli. Checked the wiki, and apparently she only sends the letter if Erikur is killed. Didn't go anywhere near that part of town, didn't steal from anybody, didn't attack anybody. Just walked in and walked back out a few minutes later.

And now I can't completely finish the Thieves' Guild.
---
Lemme just quote the late, great Colonel Sanders. He said, "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken."
#5LordTalynPosted 10/4/2012 4:37:33 PM
R41NB0W-D45H posted...
Ouch. I feel for you. I apparently lost Erikur, that Thane in Solitude, to a vampire attack. Didn't even know it happened. Went into Solitude for five minutes to check the clothing store for an amulet and left the town. Got attacked by a group of thugs afterward, with a note from Gisli. Checked the wiki, and apparently she only sends the letter if Erikur is killed. Didn't go anywhere near that part of town, didn't steal from anybody, didn't attack anybody. Just walked in and walked back out a few minutes later.

Isn't Erikur supposed to be essential?
---
Currently Playing: TES V: Skyrim, WWE '12, Mass Effect 1-3 Waiting For: WWE '13, Halo 4.
XBLGamertag: LadyLilithRose
#6R41NB0W-D45HPosted 10/4/2012 4:42:00 PM
LordTalyn posted...
R41NB0W-D45H posted...

This says otherwise.

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Gisli

You'd think he f***ing would be. He is essential to a questline's completion. Leave it to Bethesda to implement an essential character system, then not make essential characters essential.
---
#7SithtristenPosted 10/4/2012 4:44:05 PM
LordTalyn posted...
R41NB0W-D45H posted...

By the Nine.....the vampires....they've evolved! Run for your lives!
---
You just got Sarge'd!
It's hard to fly with eagles if you're stuck working with a bunch of turkeys.
#8charon78au(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 4:46:03 PM
The vampires in Solitude spawn down near Vittoria's house, just down the road from the castle.

You could walk in and out and not know they are there. PITA.
---
#9R41NB0W-D45HPosted 10/4/2012 4:49:24 PM
charon78au posted...
The vampires in Solitude spawn down near Vittoria's house, just down the road from the castle.

You could walk in and out and not know they are there. PITA.

Pretty much. Funny thing is, it was my very first time entering the city, so that gate guard was getting beheaded. Nobody in the crowd was panicking, despite a vampire apparently killing the f***ing nobility.
---
#10LordTalynPosted 10/4/2012 5:25:10 PM(edited)
R41NB0W-D45H posted...
LordTalyn posted...
R41NB0W-D45H posted...

This says otherwise.

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Gisli

You'd think he f***ing would be. He is essential to a questline's completion. Leave it to Bethesda to implement an essential character system, then not make essential characters essential.

Hmm...interesting....UESP says hes essential....but IF he can die.....
-runs to solitude- xD

Edit: Checked to see...he is still essential...You may have gotten attacked by thugs for another reason. What exactly did the letter say?
---
Currently Playing: TES V: Skyrim, WWE '12, Mass Effect 1-3 Waiting For: WWE '13, Halo 4.
XBLGamertag: LadyLilithRose