I don't like any other games...help

#1robitussin217Posted 10/4/2012 9:15:09 PM
I have this problem. I don't like any other games other than Bethesda 1 player rpg's with the obvious exception of Fallout New Vegas.

I don't like multiplayer shooters. It's just not how I socialize. When I play games, it's because I want a break from real people.

Batman: Arkham City offered some enjoyment, but nowhere near Elder Scrolls or FO3/NV. I'm obviously done with B:AC, but I'll still go back to Bethesda games years later. L.A. Noir is an honorable mention as well as GTA 4. You see the pattern; open worlds. I dislike Red Dead Redemption for some reason.

So, if there are others out there that identify with my situation, what games have been able to tear you away from Skyrim? Is RAGE any good? I'm about to surrender to the fact that I'm extremely picky.
#2obishawnPosted 10/4/2012 9:17:42 PM
Look into Dragon's Dogma or The Witcher 2.
---
Winter is coming
#3charon78auPosted 10/4/2012 9:17:47 PM
KoA: Reckoning?

I didn't like it, personally, but you may like it.
---
Saturday night is the loneliest night of the week.
GT: Charon78
#4Lord HugoPosted 10/4/2012 9:19:13 PM
Sounds like you just aren't a gamer. Not bad to be a casual fan into only Open World games. Though...you are the first I have read of with that problem.
---
"Jeff Goldblum was actually on Death's To-Do list today, but he's so awesome he managed to talk Death into taking Michael Jackson instead."-Ben Paddon
#5IamI3rianPosted 10/4/2012 9:21:04 PM
Good thing New Vegas isn't a Beth game then, huh?

= D
---
IamI3rian told ya
"Your 15 minutes of fame are up. Please move along."-KingMaximus8250 to me.Yeah I've never heard of him either..
#6charon78auPosted 10/4/2012 9:23:58 PM
I hate when people mention New Vegas on this board.

It always gives me a very strong urge to go back to it. But I know that if I do, I won't play anything else for months.
---
Saturday night is the loneliest night of the week.
GT: Charon78
#7R41NB0W-D45HPosted 10/4/2012 9:25:45 PM
Borderlands might be a game you'd enjoy.
---
Lemme just quote the late, great Colonel Sanders. He said, "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken."
#8GriffRobertsPosted 10/4/2012 9:29:04 PM
Try Minecraft. It's great for single player and multiplayer. Very, very sandboxy.
---
Sometimes I edit my sig so it continues whatever I was posting about.
#9clone11Posted 10/4/2012 9:32:21 PM
I want to help you but you insulted my one true love, RDR.

In all seriousness though, the new Assassin's Creed looks like it is going to have more in terms of "open-worldness" than the previous installments, you might look into it. Everyone else has already mentioned the games I would suggest.

As for Rage, if you looking for a good open-world game, you're looking in the wrong place. It is a fairly decent shooter though. Driving is okay.
---
Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.
#10The_Viking_SwanPosted 10/4/2012 9:32:37 PM
Try meeting some bees, they are really nice when you get to know them.
---
Official World's best Walrus
//NVBM\\