I don't like any other games...help

#11robitussin217(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 9:32:53 PM
IamI3rian posted...
Good thing New Vegas isn't a Beth game then, huh?

= D

Haha, yeah it is somewhat of a consolation. It's like, "Darn you Bethesda for knowing exactly what I want...Oh yeah, and you too Obsidian but less."
#12robitussin217(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 9:33:48 PM
Lord Hugo posted...
Sounds like you just aren't a gamer. Not bad to be a casual fan into only Open World games. Though...you are the first I have read of with that problem.

I think you're exactly right.
#13robitussin217(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 9:36:58 PM
obishawn posted...
Look into Dragon's Dogma or The Witcher 2.

The Witcher 2 does look a bit interesting to me, like it's immersed in some pretty interesting and original atmosphere.
#14robitussin217(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 9:48:36 PM
clone11 posted...
I want to help you but you insulted my one true love, RDR.

In all seriousness though, the new Assassin's Creed looks like it is going to have more in terms of "open-worldness" than the previous installments, you might look into it. Everyone else has already mentioned the games I would suggest.

As for Rage, if you looking for a good open-world game, you're looking in the wrong place. It is a fairly decent shooter though. Driving is okay.

Dude, those friggin' cougars make me hate that game. I'm half joking, but seriously, I hate real cougars now, and small house cats for that matter.

I did enjoy Assassin's Creed for the open world and the brutality of it. It's just weird how much more I enjoy Bethesda games.

Rage sounds like the kind of game I'll enjoy for a week once it drops to around $10.
#15obishawnPosted 10/4/2012 10:02:21 PM
robitussin217 posted...
I hate... small house cats...

I don't like you anymore. I'm taking my suggestions and going home (to my house cats).
---
Winter is coming
#16clone11Posted 10/4/2012 10:10:24 PM
robitussin217 posted...

Dude, those friggin' cougars make me hate that game. I'm half joking, but seriously, I hate real cougars now, and small house cats for that matter.

At least you never got so into the game that you got to the point of having to kill two cougars with your knife to complete a challenge. Took me weeks to figure out the right strategy... And then it asked me to do the same thing with a bear.
---
Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.
#17robitussin217(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 10:12:20 PM
obishawn posted...
robitussin217 posted...
I hate... small house cats...

I don't like you anymore. I'm taking my suggestions and going home (to my house cats).

Oh snap...Did I just insult RDR AND house cats?

Here, I'm playing RDR and watching this at the same time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYkeq58u_NE
#18I_hate_cocoaPosted 10/4/2012 10:53:56 PM
I don't like multiplayer shooters. It's just not how I socialize. When I play games, it's because I want a break from real people.

You got to see these swear jars playing CS... It's fun, for an hour or two then it gets boring.

Batman: Arkham City offered some enjoyment, but nowhere near Elder Scrolls or FO3/NV. I'm obviously done with B:AC, but I'll still go back to Bethesda games years later. L.A. Noir is an honorable mention as well as GTA 4. You see the pattern; open worlds. I dislike Red Dead Redemption for some reason.

I stashed Bm:AC right after I finished the story and solving all the riddles, having an expired Catwoman code helped a lot. RDR and GTA4 gets old after the main story. Shooting people, racking up bounty and money is just pointless once you realize that you can't do anything with it other than getting your ass out of bars..

So, if there are others out there that identify with my situation, what games have been able to tear you away from Skyrim? Is RAGE any good? I'm about to surrender to the fact that I'm extremely picky.

DARK F'ng SOULS worked when I saw the new contents, Oh yeah...that's "Downloadable Contents" -.-

I have to polish my flabby skills (after being pampered by Skyrim) and I decided to delete my 734 hour character and start from scratch... I love starting from scrrrratch~

I still play Skyrim whenever i get bored of trolling... lots of stuff to pick and deliver.
#19robitussin217(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2012 12:33:34 AM(edited)
I_hate_cocoa posted...
I don't like multiplayer shooters. It's just not how I socialize. When I play games, it's because I want a break from real people.

You got to see these swear jars playing CS... It's fun, for an hour or two then it gets boring.

Batman: Arkham City offered some enjoyment, but nowhere near Elder Scrolls or FO3/NV. I'm obviously done with B:AC, but I'll still go back to Bethesda games years later. L.A. Noir is an honorable mention as well as GTA 4. You see the pattern; open worlds. I dislike Red Dead Redemption for some reason.

I stashed Bm:AC right after I finished the story and solving all the riddles, having an expired Catwoman code helped a lot. RDR and GTA4 gets old after the main story. Shooting people, racking up bounty and money is just pointless once you realize that you can't do anything with it other than getting your ass out of bars..

So, if there are others out there that identify with my situation, what games have been able to tear you away from Skyrim? Is RAGE any good? I'm about to surrender to the fact that I'm extremely picky.

DARK F'ng SOULS worked when I saw the new contents, Oh yeah...that's "Downloadable Contents" -.-

I have to polish my flabby skills (after being pampered by Skyrim) and I decided to delete my 734 hour character and start from scratch... I love starting from scrrrratch~

I still play Skyrim whenever i get bored of trolling... lots of stuff to pick and deliver.

Then I think DARK F'ing SOULS is the winner. That'll be the first game I try after I finish my current character...and maybe starting a new one, but after that one if DLC is released before I can finish my current or start the next character...
#20NessEggmanPosted 10/5/2012 12:35:55 AM
Even though it seems you may have made up your mind, I want to second Dragon's Dogma. It's a blast and very immersive.
---
Just wake me up when Tokimeki Memorial 4 is announced.
g Rod "hing RodCopper Fishin For fishing.