What happens when we run out of provinces in Tamriel?

#1Luthor_Posted 10/5/2012 12:01:01 PM(edited)
Will they start reusing some provinces? Start using all of Tamriel at once? Will we move to another continent?

What do you think will happen to the series once we run out of provinces to play?

Personally, I don't know if The Elder Scrolls: Akavir (continent west of Tamriel) would work. Akavir only has 4 intelligent races (as far as I know) and it seems that all of the races are extremely evil-minded and hostile (except the Kind monkey people the Tang Mo)

A possible scenario I think would be possible:

The series would go to Akavir. The Tang Mo (monkey people), are called upon by Tosh Raka, the leader of the Kong Po' Tun, are called upon to help invade Tamriel seeing as the Tang Mo have received help from them to help ward off the Tsaeci (Half-Snake humans) from enslaving them (I am assuming that is why they are allies, this isn't necessarily fact). The Tang Mo, being peaceful and kind in nature, would not want to help Tosh Raka invade Tamriel. So you would probably play as a Kong Po warrior who's ultimate goal is to slay Tosh Raka and stop the invasion of Tamriel from taking place, while sidestories to weaken the Tsaeci and Kamal are also in place.

That would be the ideal storyline for me when Tamriel is out of fuel, seeing as very little is currently known of the Human settled Atmora.

Thoughts? Your ideas?
---
My Get List: Dishonored || Hitman: Absolution || Assassins Creed III
#2zeroboboPosted 10/5/2012 12:02:47 PM
you can return to them, theres plenty of different places in tamriel, so its not really a problem.

returning to a place of a previous game an entire console generation later would be more than different enough.
i mean hell if they redid cyrodill for the next TES game it'd look fresh and new.
#3RampagingwalrusPosted 10/5/2012 12:02:53 PM
It is entirely possible that we will never see some provinces.
It all depends on how the intended story goes, to see where we go.
So we could easily end up back in a province we have already been in.
---
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
#4Luthor_(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2012 12:03:55 PM
I also think Atmora isn't completely out of the question. It would give the creators a lot of leeway to do whatever they wanted, as their is little lore to break there. It would also allow the playability of Humans and possibly more humans.

And now that I think of it, a massive finale for Tamriel would actually go against my original idea.

The Elder Scroll: Tamriel

In this game, you would have access to all of Tamriel, and the scenario is Tosh Raka is preparing to invade Tamriel once again, and you have to do everything in your power to unite all of the provinces and ultimately stop the invasions.

This has so many possibilities it's ridiculous.
---
#5Luthor_(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2012 12:05:18 PM
Rampagingwalrus posted...
It is entirely possible that we will never see some provinces.
It all depends on how the intended story goes, to see where we go.
So we could easily end up back in a province we have already been in.

I agree. I also think places like the Black Marsh and Elswyr will never have their own games, as they are so small. It would have to be a combination of multiple provinces.
---
#6RagingBullzPosted 10/5/2012 12:05:19 PM
Then they should have moved to akavir long time ago

es arena
---
#TheReturn
http://youtube.com/watch?v=bvLIM3ZWldk
#7darkportal785Posted 10/5/2012 12:09:32 PM
I think Akavir would be better as that SI-sized expac for Skyrim.

It would be fitting for the Dovahkiin to end Tosh-Raka and his plans to conquer Tamriel.
---
Who's the man in the suit? Who is the cat with no face? Do you really want to feel him? *static*
#8ScalytsPosted 10/5/2012 12:09:48 PM
Akavir would be cool, we might finally find out what happened to the Neravarine.

Anyway, at the rate they're going, there will be 2 or 3 more generations of gaming systems by the time they run out of provinces, assuming they do them all. Just consider that they have technically already used all the provinces already in previous ES games, but are having no problem redoing them now with current gen graphics. So I'd say re-doing the provinces with better graphics + at a drastically distant future seems more likely (already at a 200 year + gap between the older games and Skyrim).
---
Know that for all who betray justice, I am their fate. And fate carries an executioner's axe. --Planescape: Torment
#9Luthor_(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2012 12:14:46 PM
Scalyts posted...
Akavir would be cool, we might finally find out what happened to the Neravarine.

Anyway, at the rate they're going, there will be 2 or 3 more generations of gaming systems by the time they run out of provinces, assuming they do them all. Just consider that they have technically already used all the provinces already in previous ES games, but are having no problem redoing them now with current gen graphics. So I'd say re-doing the provinces with better graphics + at a drastically distant future seems more likely (already at a 200 year + gap between the older games and Skyrim).

Yea, I guess time gaps would help freshen up the provinces, but I think even then the weather and atmoshpere of the same cultures constantly would get rather dull. And even then, wouldn't time progressing so much eventually just cause obscene game changing amounts of new technology?
---
#10RampagingwalrusPosted 10/5/2012 12:16:29 PM
Luthor_ posted...
And even then, wouldn't time progressing so much eventually just cause obscene game changing amounts of new technology?

Elder Scrolls technology has not improved a single iota in the last few thousand years, it is unlikely to start to do so any time soon.
---
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.