What happens when we run out of provinces in Tamriel?

#11Luthor_(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2012 1:18:57 PM
Rampagingwalrus posted...
Luthor_ posted...
And even then, wouldn't time progressing so much eventually just cause obscene game changing amounts of new technology?

Elder Scrolls technology has not improved a single iota in the last few thousand years, it is unlikely to start to do so any time soon.

Again, that is true.

The Dwarves were getting pretty far along in technology, but now that they are gone..

Somebody has eventually got to figure out electricity on this planet :S
---
My Get List: Dishonored || Hitman: Absolution || Assassins Creed III
#12RebelElite791Posted 10/5/2012 1:25:53 PM
Scalyts posted...
Akavir would be cool, we might finally find out what happened to the Neravarine.

No, you won't. Same reason you wont' find out what happened to the CoC.

And no, TC, Atmora is a frozen wasteland, and Tosh Raka is a mirror-brother of Akatosh.

Stupid ideas tbqh.

And that wouldn't be for like...30+ years, so the series probably won't even be around by then.
---
Stand in the ashes of a trillion dead souls, and ask the ghosts if honor matters. The silence is your answer. http://i.imgur.com/VZeCB.gif
#13zeroboboPosted 10/5/2012 1:29:01 PM
we should NEVER go to akavir.

TES has always been about Tamriel, and it should remain that way, sure include more akavir stuff, why not? but dont completely remove us from the world they've spent so much time establishing, might as well be a new franchise...

have akavir find out about the return of the dragons and the dominions plan to end reality, so they'd be all like "WOAH NOT COOL!" and have them invade tamriel again, makes sense and you can add in akavir stuff that way.
#14Samaellives91Posted 10/5/2012 3:21:15 PM
Not to mention that by the time we start revisiting provinces, it will be many hundreds, possibly thousands of years after we were previously there, so who knows what could of changed between now and then.
---
My name is John Johnson, but everyone here calls me Vicky.
#15Van_Of_The_DawnPosted 10/5/2012 3:24:01 PM
Tosh raka is an akatosh incarnation like alduin and atmora is so frozen and baren it can't support life except maybe daedra.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3-LqAUNhOM&feature=related
Spreading a little spiritual bliss. RIB Nujabes
#16phoenix52Posted 10/5/2012 3:25:48 PM
I'd like to know more about the other continents, but I don't think I'd want games set there. There's no reason they couldn't just go back to different provinces at different times. I'm sure a game set in 4E Morrowind would be a lot different that the Morrowind we have now.
---
Its like having a knitting contest between the best regular old lady knitter in the world and a guy who's superpower is specifically to be the best knitter ever
#17TheLittlestH0boPosted 10/5/2012 3:50:44 PM
RebelElite791 posted...
Stupid ideas tbqh.

---
"If gamefaqs was a city, this board would be like the distillery in the woods behind walmart." - xXEldestXx
#18darkportal785Posted 10/6/2012 12:37:01 AM
RebelElite791 posted...
Scalyts posted...
Akavir would be cool, we might finally find out what happened to the Neravarine.

No, you won't. Same reason you wont' find out what happened to the CoC.

And no, TC, Atmora is a frozen wasteland, and Tosh Raka is a mirror-brother of Akatosh.

Stupid ideas tbqh.

And that wouldn't be for like...30+ years, so the series probably won't even be around by then.

BOOOOOO.

Go be a buzz kill elsweyr.
---
Who's the man in the suit? Who is the cat with no face? Do you really want to feel him? *static*
#19IamI3rianPosted 10/6/2012 12:48:16 AM
In Reb's defense, had I not read the thread through before posting I would've said the same thing. I might have been a touch more nice about it, or included a smiley or two.

Maybe not though. I mean... Atmora is REALLY cold. Like... penguin cold.

He's wrong about it not being around... but the spirit is right. My guess? PS7 will have "throwback" games (like what they're doing now) and in 30 years it'll be cool to be retro.

Thus, we'll have a game simply called "The Elder Scrolls."

In all likelihood I'll be dead by then though. = /
---
IamI3rian told ya
Little pig, little pig let me in!
#20SuperDS22Posted 10/6/2012 12:51:22 AM
I would like it if Elder Scrolls pulled a "Pokemon G/S/C" and have a post game province. That would drastically increase the re playability of the game.
---
<-- This guy is TOTALLY not a spy.