I like the Ebony Mail, but the poison cloud is distracting.What can Ebony Armor

#11IamI3rianPosted 10/6/2012 8:30:57 PM
Jack_Jacus posted...
That's what i was trying to say, heavy armor hurts sneaking, but ok.

But not when it's weightless. At that point, you're sneaking naked.

casimirney posted...
So heavy armor has some mystery trait that makes it less sneaky... which is removed when weight is removed... but is seperate from weight...

Correct.

casimirney posted...
Sneak doesn't make alot of sense, does it?

Aside from light, distance to observer etc... the weight of your armor is one factor that determines how you are sneaking.

You sneak X well in 10 weight light armor. You sneak X-N well in 50 weight light armor (were such a thing to exist).

Sneak DID make perfect sense until some moron editted out the formula on UESP. There's simply no way I'm gonna be able to recall that. = /
---
IamI3rian told ya
Added them up. 2,200+ hours in Skyrim.
#12casimirneyPosted 10/6/2012 8:40:11 PM
IamI3rian posted...
Jack_Jacus posted...
That's what i was trying to say, heavy armor hurts sneaking, but ok.

But not when it's weightless. At that point, you're sneaking naked.

casimirney posted...
So heavy armor has some mystery trait that makes it less sneaky... which is removed when weight is removed... but is seperate from weight...

Correct.

casimirney posted...
Sneak doesn't make alot of sense, does it?

Aside from light, distance to observer etc... the weight of your armor is one factor that determines how you are sneaking.

You sneak X well in 10 weight light armor. You sneak X-N well in 50 weight light armor (were such a thing to exist).

Sneak DID make perfect sense until some moron editted out the formula on UESP. There's simply no way I'm gonna be able to recall that. = /

But what kills me is in weight 10 light armor you'd do better than in weight 10 heavy armor but when weight is 0 its suddenly all the same.

I would guess that weight 0 heavy armor would sneak BETTER than weight 1 clothes.

If heavy has some mystery factor it should remain even when weightless.
#13IamI3rianPosted 10/6/2012 8:47:44 PM
casimirney posted...
I would guess that weight 0 heavy armor would sneak BETTER than weight 1 clothes.

If heavy has some mystery factor it should remain even when weightless.

I'm not certain that clothes apply, but if they do... then you DO sneak better in weightless heavy than you do in clothes. = D

As for the mystery factor... I dunno. Depends on "what" it represents. If it's inflexibility of heavier plate mails, then I can agree.
---
IamI3rian told ya
Added them up. 2,200+ hours in Skyrim.
#14RayzoriumPosted 10/6/2012 9:31:19 PM
I respectfully disagree about heavy armor's mystery penalty, having found no evidence of it in my own testing.

Also, any formula on UESP for sneak would be an educated guess at best; hard numbers like that aren't really available, even in the CK.
#15jammymacsterPosted 10/7/2012 2:19:03 AM
IamI3rian posted...

Check the history
http://www.uesp.net/w/index.php?title=Skyrim:Sneak&action=history

Rayzorium posted...
Also, any formula on UESP for sneak would be an educated guess at best; hard numbers like that aren't really available, even in the CK.

This is true and educated guesses aren't typically accepted on wikis so it makes sense that it was removed.
---
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here." - Peter Molyneux
#16jammymacsterPosted 10/7/2012 3:06:20 AM
Are you sure there was a formula on an article page? Closest I could find was on this talk page.
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim_talk:Muffle_(effect)/Archive_1#Theory_and_praxis
---
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here." - Peter Molyneux