Random thoughts after 200hrs

#1FrisbeeProPosted 10/14/2012 7:51:27 AM
Finished up around 180 hrs. No more non-radiant quests. A few observations about my 1st playthrough-

Lydia died early, I didn't notice, and Breezehome was sooo depressing afterward. Lydia! Come home!
That gem perk you get at the end of the Thieves questline was ridiculous. I had like 400 lbs of gems after a handful of dungeons. Next time going to Riften early to get filthy rich.
Markarth was gorgeous. Really, that place should have been the hub, not the edge.
Blackreach was the greatest dungeon. Ever. Props to Beth.
After 180 hrs I'm guessing I dealt with 40 hrs of loading screens. Way to much.
Ulfric was a badazz, but him and those Nords sound way too much like Arnold Shwartzenager. Hard to get over.
Throat-ripping is awesome.
Skyrim was so detailed and scenic. The river valleys, mountains, even the northern lights. Beth made this the best looking game ever. I wish there was more depth however, but you can't have everything.
---
"Do you know the meaning of proliteriate?"
#2darkportal785Posted 10/14/2012 8:47:19 AM
Couldn't agree more.

Great game, people just tend to judge it by it's cover.
---
http://goo.gl/Hfrsd Oh PETA, why do you do this to yourself?
#3ScalytsPosted 10/14/2012 9:37:46 AM
FrisbeePro posted...
Skyrim was so detailed and scenic. The river valleys, mountains, even the northern lights. Beth made this the best looking game ever.

---
Know that for all who betray justice, I am their fate. And fate carries an executioner's axe. --Planescape: Torment
#4nightcolaPosted 10/14/2012 10:37:04 AM
Good game , just hate essential NPC's. They kinda spoil the atmosphere.
---
Possibly the only person to never find Arrow in the Knee '' jokes '' funny.
#5RebelElite791Posted 10/14/2012 10:38:41 AM

Dont think so tim.
---
Stand in the ashes of a trillion dead souls, and ask the ghosts if honor matters. The silence is your answer. http://i.imgur.com/VZeCB.gif
#6FrisbeePro(Topic Creator)Posted 10/14/2012 5:53:15 PM
RebelElite791 posted...

Dont think so tim.

The loading time for Whiterun was equal to Breezehome. It was ridiculous, at least on console. And who is Tim?
---
"Do you know the meaning of proliteriate?"
#7IamI3rianPosted 10/14/2012 6:03:00 PM
1) Tim 'The Tool man' Taylor... I suppose we've got a youngin in here.
2) @nightcola.... dude, who're you so upset you can't kill? Only one that even remotely bugs me is Babette
3) Frisbee... I'm on a PS3, but I guarantee there's something else going on there. How many Dwemer museum keys are you rockin, and more importantly turn off autosaves.

Tha'ts all I have to say that's important.

I completely agree though, that in this particular case Beth did an amazing job. The little things really do outweigh some of the larger issues the game has, and it counts.

I can't STAND Blackreach though. = D

Spent 8 1/2 hours in there the first (and only) time I bothered to go. I'll be 'in the mood' though, the next time, so maybe I'll like it more.
---
IamI3rian told ya
Somebody's been eating my porridge. =' (
#8JohnRyan1228Posted 10/14/2012 6:27:50 PM
FrisbeePro posted...
RebelElite791 posted...

Dont think so tim.

The loading time for Whiterun was equal to Breezehome. It was ridiculous, at least on console. And who is Tim?

I believe it was a home improvement ref, Pedro
---
I can never respect someone who hasn't ever used their junk to scroll on a touch screen.
#9IamI3rianPosted 10/14/2012 6:44:52 PM
Pretty sure I covered that, JR.
---
IamI3rian told ya
Somebody's been eating my porridge. =' (
#10assassin2568Posted 10/14/2012 6:47:55 PM
on your mark, get set, terrible
---
Everything you love, only bigger.