Dragon Priest Build

#10UT0FTH3G4M3RPosted 10/26/2012 7:23:28 PM
So, I've decided to RP as an evil dragon priest and I need some help, not so much with the build itself (lots of destruction, obviously), but with the look.

I went with a nord; as skinny, and as dark skinned as the game will allow. I went straight to Shearpoint to get the Krosis mask (one hell of a battle at level 2, I might add), and the dragon priest staff... so there's just one thing missing: a dragon priest robe!

What robe do you guys think would be the best thing for a dragon priest to wear? Also, I only went for Krosis because it was easy to find early in the game... should I go for Otar, or Volsung next? Or perhaps Morokei, or Vokun?

Lastly, and this is somewhat unrelated to the dragon priest RP, but I kinda wanted to join the volkihar clan, and do their quest-line, but without becoming a vampire. I think its impossible, but i guess i could just get it cured right away... would that work?
#2LockeadonPosted 10/26/2012 7:26:04 PM
if you ask me being undead would bring you one step closer to a real dragon priest
---
EPIC WEIRD FOREVER!
#3theonyxphoenixPosted 10/26/2012 7:31:44 PM
Thalmor robes maybe? I would go for Otar since the elemental resistances could help take down the other priests.

Put all of your points in to health and you will be near immortal when you obtain Konahrik. It has a chance to activate with Grand Healing with each hit when you are below 10% health IIRC and summoning another Dragon Priest to kill for you doesn't hurt either.
#40UT0FTH3G4M3R(Topic Creator)Posted 10/26/2012 7:49:46 PM
Summoning a dragon priest? huh? Konahriik doesn't do that. It damages nearby enemies with a flame cloak type effect... I have never seen it summon a dragon priest. I could be wrong though... are you sure it does that?
#5RampagingwalrusPosted 10/26/2012 7:52:37 PM
There is no real armour/robes that match...
So only recommendation that I could offer is, Ancient Nord armour.
---
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
#6darkportal785Posted 10/26/2012 7:55:13 PM
0UT0FTH3G4M3R posted...
Summoning a dragon priest? huh? Konahriik doesn't do that. It damages nearby enemies with a flame cloak type effect... I have never seen it summon a dragon priest. I could be wrong though... are you sure it does that?

Yeah, it does.
---
YOU ARE A CHAMPION, MY FRIEND!
#70UT0FTH3G4M3R(Topic Creator)Posted 10/26/2012 8:02:22 PM(edited)
Rampagingwalrus posted...

Yeah, I thought about that, but it makes no sense for a dragon priest to wear armor.

Unless it's vampire armor, because it doesn't look like armor. That's actually what I have on my dragon priest guy now. But I might switch to Thalmor robes, or Mythic Dawn Robes, or maybe something else entirely.

Also, to theonyxphoenix and darkportal: I just looked it up on uesp, and i was wrong... the Konahrik mask does enable you to summon dragon priests, but I don't understand why I have never seen it happen. Does it just add the spell to your spell list?
#8theonyxphoenixPosted 10/26/2012 8:04:11 PM
0UT0FTH3G4M3R posted...
Rampagingwalrus posted...

Yeah, I thought about that, but it makes no sense for a dragon priest to wear armor.

Unless it's vampire armor, because it doesn't look like armor. That's actually what I have on my dragon priest guy now. But I might switch to Thalmor robes, or Mythic Dawn Robes, or maybe something else entirely.

Also, to theonyxphoenix and darkportal: I just looked it up on uesp, and i was wrong... the Konahrik mask does enable you to summon dragon priests, but I don't understand why I have never seen it happen. Does it just add the spell to your spell list?

It is like a 5% chance to activate. Maybe your RNG is just being difficult.
#9RampagingwalrusPosted 10/26/2012 8:08:11 PM
0UT0FTH3G4M3R posted...

The lesser Priests (Nord mages) wear the same heavy armour as the soldiers.
Except they wear that default black cowl, instead of a helmet.

Also, the masks themselves are considered armour, the good ones tend to be heavy too.
---
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
#100UT0FTH3G4M3R(Topic Creator)Posted 10/26/2012 8:16:17 PM
O I C. I only played around with letting my health get low a few times just to see what it would do... 4 or 5 times? I don't know, but I guess I didn't play around with it enough.

It's funny, I've played the ever-loving crap out of this game (11 characters/1500+ hours) and still learning new things -- too awesome! I actually found the back-door to snow veil sanctum by accident this morning too... I had never done that before. And after some creative glitching, I found out that if you go past the dragon claw door without Mercer with you, Karliah shoots you with the paralyzing poison arrow, but then gets stuck in her conversation, because Mercer isn't there to move the dialogue along, lol. I had to reload a previous save. :(