Argonian Lore Discussion

#1gamerslimPosted 11/3/2012 11:14:36 PM
So, in 4E5/6 the Argonians invaded Morrowind and kicked out the Dark Elves in retribution for the whole slavery thing in the wake of the eruption of Red Mountain. Do the Argonians now occupy southern Morrowind or did they come, kick some ass, then went back to Black Marsh?

Thoughts/speculations?

Reference: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Fourth_Era
---
Tonight, we dine in H3LL!!! --300--
#2RebelElite791Posted 11/3/2012 11:16:40 PM
They left. It's been speculated that they may have been manipulated into attacking by the Dominion, and left when they realized it, but I believe someone had a good rebuttal for that idea that I can't quite recall at the moment.
---
Stand in the ashes of a trillion dead souls, and ask the ghosts if honor matters. The silence is your answer. http://i.imgur.com/VZeCB.gif
#3Ajd_KingPosted 11/3/2012 11:29:03 PM(edited)
They likely still occupy southern Morrowind, as that's always been contested territory, and they might as well take it. We know that they controlled at least up to Southern Vvardenfell during 4E 40, as they were conducting CRAZY LIZARD rituals in the Scathing Bay. But it's unlikely they stayed there, because why bother?

And as to the whole Thalmor thing, that's just baloohey that the author wrote up. Not only was he blaming the Thalmor for everything ever, he doesn't seem to know that the An-Xileel are notoriously xenophobic and anti-foreigner. I mean these guys seemingly worked with Umbriel to wipe out all the Empire-friendly/accepting Argonians in Lilmoth and the surrounding area, just for existing. They wouldn't deal with the Thalmor no matter what. And we also know the Hist are the ones that wanted revenge.
---
Ajd of House Ajdatheon, the First of his Name, King of the Posters and the Lurkers and the Troll Men, Lord of the Seven Platforms and Protector of the Forum.
#4RebelElite791Posted 11/3/2012 11:22:22 PM
Ajd_King posted...
CRAZY LIZARD rituals

I found this way too amusing.
---
Stand in the ashes of a trillion dead souls, and ask the ghosts if honor matters. The silence is your answer. http://i.imgur.com/VZeCB.gif
#5Negative81Posted 11/3/2012 11:23:10 PM
I'm actually starting to believe the Argonians are the master race.
---
MTV, Get off the Air!---Dead Kennedys
#6HerbalSkyrimPosted 11/3/2012 11:23:45 PM
Negative81 posted...
I'm actually starting to believe the Argonians are the master race.

I like your way of thinking
---
I like weed
#7gamerslim(Topic Creator)Posted 11/3/2012 11:28:52 PM
That makes sense considering Argonians are pretty reserved when it comes expansion. Hmmmm... and the Thalmor have their dirty little fingers in everything... You'd think they'd think twice about messing with the homeland defense masters.

What's funny about that though is I always thought that the Dunmer and Altmer were kind of allies (them being elves and all) and I see it as a dick move for the Dominion to use the Argonians to take out their (in my mind) allies. I guess I am kind of comparing them to the Wood Elves who readily joined the Dominion after the Imperial established government in Valenwood was disposed of (by some Bosmer with Thalmor help no less).
---
#8RebelElite791Posted 11/3/2012 11:31:47 PM
gamerslim posted...
That makes sense considering Argonians are pretty reserved when it comes expansion. Hmmmm... and the Thalmor have their dirty little fingers in everything... You'd think they'd think twice about messing with the homeland defense masters.

What's funny about that though is I always thought that the Dunmer and Altmer were kind of allies (them being elves and all) and I see it as a dick move for the Dominion to use the Argonians to take out their (in my mind) allies. I guess I am kind of comparing them to the Wood Elves who readily joined the Dominion after the Imperial established government in Valenwood was disposed of (by some Bosmer with Thalmor help no less).

They see the Dunmer as trash. They're cursed/corrupted. Same with Orsimer. And as Ajd said, the Thalmor thing was just one line of speculation.
---
#9gamerslim(Topic Creator)Posted 11/3/2012 11:36:43 PM
RebelElite791 posted...
gamerslim posted...

They see the Dunmer as trash. They're cursed/corrupted. Same with Orsimer. And as Ajd said, the Thalmor thing was just one line of speculation.

Noted.

Now to steer this topic back to Argonian lore and not about those evil Thalmor.....

Since there is so little known about the nature of the Hist other then they are sentient trees, what are some opinions/hypothesis out there about them?
---
#10Brenz0rPosted 11/3/2012 11:37:49 PM
gamerslim posted...

The Altmer don't like anybody except other Altmer, in general (although exceptions do exist). The Thalmor don't even like Altmer who leave Summerset for any non-Thalmor reason. Bosmer are tainted trash for taking Mannish wives and the Green Pact, Orsimer are dung, Falmer are degenerate monsters, Dunmer/Chimer are traitors to their ancestors and corrupted, Khajit are animalistic beasts, Maormer... well, exactly what the Maormer did is uncertain, but given that there has been a deadly enmity going back thousands of years between them, they evidently did something that riled up the Altmer themselves.

Men? They deserve death for existing.
---
"We get serious about fictional girl underpants, and kid around when it comes to topics like world hunger." ~Teepo on CAGN