Is the game worth buying now?

#11SoulOfFaythPosted 11/6/2012 4:56:17 AM
Skyrim is a wonderful game, even without DLC, if you think it's not even worth 20 bucks you either need to get a job or you have no conception of what a game is worth.
---
The mind is like a parachute: it only works when it's open
#12Jimmy_alfrayerPosted 11/6/2012 4:56:56 AM
For the amount of playability the game gives plus the amount of effort the developers have put in would make me think that it's original asking price was no where near unreasonable.
#13BhelliumPosted 11/6/2012 4:58:35 AM
Seriously, I've paid more for a burger.
---
P&L: Deal w/it
Cookie if you get the reference
#14magnusmagneticPosted 11/6/2012 5:04:18 AM
No. Join the thieves guild and steal a copy.

Skyrim can not be bought nor can it be played, Skyrim can only be experienced by one whom is willing to dragonshout.
#15Jimmy_alfrayerPosted 11/6/2012 5:05:39 AM
Bhellium posted...
Seriously, I've paid more for a burger.

Was it a good burger?
#16sauruschamp1Posted 11/6/2012 5:19:15 AM
If possible I would suggest getting the pc version as this allows you to use mods and also console commands (if a quest stuffs up). Also DLC wise I wasn't that impressed with dawnguard (it was lengthy just the vampire powers were abit overrated) hearthfire is essentially a new house so it is worth the cheap price but you can get the same or better with mods.

I personally got the Xbox360 version on launch and enjoyed the hell out of it (I have all achievments including DLC ones). A month or two ago I bought pc version for cheap and it added a whole new life to the game with some great new quest mods like Moonpath to Elswyr.
---
GT: Zarosian
Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much. - Oscar Wilde
#17magnusmagneticPosted 11/6/2012 5:22:12 AM
sauruschamp1 posted...
If possible I would suggest getting the pc version as this allows you to use mods and also console commands (if a quest stuffs up). Also DLC wise I wasn't that impressed with dawnguard (it was lengthy just the vampire powers were abit overrated) hearthfire is essentially a new house so it is worth the cheap price but you can get the same or better with mods.

I personally got the Xbox360 version on launch and enjoyed the hell out of it (I have all achievments including DLC ones). A month or two ago I bought pc version for cheap and it added a whole new life to the game with some great new quest mods like Moonpath to Elswyr.

You do realize these are 360 dragonshouts?

Console wants to know whats a computer?
#18shorthandlePosted 11/6/2012 5:30:33 AM
No. A year ago, it was a real bargain. Now, it's all worn out. It might work better now and have DLC and stuff, but it's old. In game years, it's like ancient.

I don't really need a sarcasm tag here, do I? Maybe a snarky remark about ridiculous questions?
#19Gandalf the IstariPosted 11/6/2012 9:32:20 AM
I got it for free from my brother who found he wasn't so interested in it - but the DLC already adding up to like 35$ is a reminder of why I usually wait until far after a game is released and get it's GOTY edition for 30-40$ or a cheap copy.

Usually if I really love a series I'll grab a new copy on release but I like playing way too many games and too many genres to spend full price on everything.
#20xDeadrebornxPosted 11/6/2012 9:34:25 AM
JackNurSnakPack posted...
Really if you've been able to hold out this long I'd say wait for a GOTY/Ultimate edition so you don't spend absurd amounts of money on the DLC like I am. Because unfortunately the base game isn't as good as it could be, but after Dawnguard and Hearthfire (to say nothing of how epic Dragonborn looks) it's a great game and if you can wait to get a version which will include the DLC, it will definitely be worth the money. But if you absolutely MUST have it now I'd say look at your local pawn shops first to see if you can't find a copy for around $10-$15 which to me would be a reasonable price for the base game.

lol its still around 60 bucks man. you get THAT much trade in at your local GameSh*tStop