why didn't Bethesda get a new engine when developing skyrim?

#11blackitoPosted 11/7/2012 5:35:48 AM
FredCat07 posted...
Take a look at Oblivion in it fifth anniversary edition - it's much better than the first release edition. Give it a chance and we will get Skyrim in it Game of the Year version and Fifth Anniversary Edition.

What changed in the fifth anniversary ed?

Would be neat if they updated the engine or something.
---
GT: Contingent Cat
#12El_ZaggyPosted 11/7/2012 6:49:44 AM
It's a modified version of Gamebryo.

Nad I have yet to find bugs. 2 characters with over 100 hours each. no bugs.

Oh I,m sure theres some bugs here and there, but it's not as bad as everyone says.

But I'm playing on pc not on 360, this might be why i got no bugs
#13SoulOfFaythPosted 11/7/2012 6:55:01 AM
On the 6 or so characters I did I never encountered any severe bugs either, nothing gamebreaking. some floating stuff or sometimes textures not loading right, that's about it.
---
The mind is like a parachute: it only works when it's open
#14PPPPLAASSUMAPosted 11/7/2012 7:01:54 AM
They straight up lied about getting a new engine when first talking about/announcing Skyrim.

Changing the name of something doesn't make it new, it's exactly like taking a crappy car engine and putting it in a new frame. Not new, just a crappy engine inside a pretty car.

They *did* tweak it, but obviously not much. Just enough to make the graphics not so crappy, and thaaaaat's it. Oh, and they added endless fetch quests.

Really, I liked Skyrim, but I'm not one of those fans who let's everything slide. It was a dick move of them to promote f***ing gamebryo 2.0 as a new engine. I learned of it before buying, but damn did it piss me off how they talked about it like it was something remotely "new."
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtxCr5ju2EE&feature=related - If you played Mystical Ninja 64, you need to click this.
#15SoulOfFaythPosted 11/7/2012 7:29:06 AM
Yeah man, I am furious now that I know they said some things that later turned out to not be true, I will never play Skyrim again because apparently my love for it was based on LIES.
---
The mind is like a parachute: it only works when it's open
#16Zebra_of_KOTORPosted 11/7/2012 7:33:53 AM
How dare Bethesda have a different meaning for new then us! We should all cancel are preorders.
---
King of Zebradom
If my post are late I am most likely reading or watching TV.
#17HatchetHoundPosted 11/7/2012 12:28:51 PM
I knew they were lying as soon as they said it.
---
"Mistakes are just a part of learning. You donít become an Expert At Bandit Extermination without accidentally offing a few farmers, for instance."
#18RampagingwalrusPosted 11/7/2012 12:30:20 PM
Well, they did try to improve it into something spectacular... but ended up pulling a Molyneux.
---
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
#19LinkLuigiPosted 11/7/2012 1:15:17 PM
You gamers here are...the forgiving bunch, I'll say that nicely.
#20marathonplayer1(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2012 2:04:06 PM
SoulOfFayth posted...
Doesn't hating on things you couldn't do better yourself just make you feel so cool and intelligent?

Yes. yes it does.

It is our job as gamers to give constructive criticism(I know saying ''Gamebyro is a piece S***'' is not constructive) to help the companies do better next time. that's the way I see it.
---
hey lydia! Go stick you head between those dwemer cogs, so I can watch it explode like a melon! Like a melon.