What do you think of the DLC situation?

#21FMLGPosted 11/7/2012 8:28:02 AM
I appreciate Beth are trying while Sony are crying that there PS3 is incapable of the DLC.
---
Remember FMLG told ya!
Don't you hate it when people copy your sig?
#22ArtefPosted 11/7/2012 9:35:43 AM
Honestly it's bethesda , every other game developer has no problem releasing in true hd ( that's the problem btw, sorry to say but xbox isn't true pure hd) why does bethesda?
---
The bush looked at me funny, so I blew it up, but sadly, I could only put 6 peices of c4 on it :( What? I dont have a problem * click kaaaaaaaaaboooooooooom*
#23LeichenschmausPosted 11/7/2012 10:03:07 AM
I can't find the option "none of the above"
#24_Pingu_(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2012 10:12:11 AM
I can't find the option "none of the above"

There is an option for that, it's called not voting.
---
Be happy and stuff
#25rjthebarbarianPosted 11/7/2012 10:42:12 AM
would have to say beth. other instances of shady practices have occured. like how in the manual for SF x Tekn it says you can local tag and go online for xbox and ps3, but you cant do it on xbox. they said its because of the differences between xboxlive and psn, but you can do that exact thing on mortal kombat, the developers were lying to our faces. i have both ps3 and xbox and i can understand exclusivity to a point like maybe skins but not features or major content.
#26JackNurSnakPackPosted 11/7/2012 10:55:46 AM
Artef posted...
Honestly it's bethesda , every other game developer has no problem releasing in true hd ( that's the problem btw, sorry to say but xbox isn't true pure hd) why does bethesda?

Yeah EA and thier subsidiary Bioware never had ANY problems doing thier weekend challenges for MassEffect3 right? Know your facts kiddo.
---
"Lighthouses are more usefull than churches" - Benjamin Franklin-
#27VasDeferensPosted 11/7/2012 10:58:04 AM
I still seek a good explanation of how the main Skyrim game can be released on the PS3, but the DLC's can't . Don't they run on the same engine ?
---
Welcome to Rivet City. Please wait while the bridge extends .
#28RampagingwalrusPosted 11/7/2012 11:00:45 AM
VasDeferens posted...
I still seek a good explanation of how the main Skyrim game can be released on the PS3, but the DLC's can't . Don't they run on the same engine ?

Because they have to spend time/money to convert the programs to work on the PS3 hardware.
The return might not be worth the investment, which is why it has not happened.
---
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
#29JackNurSnakPackPosted 11/7/2012 11:08:00 AM
Rampagingwalrus posted...
VasDeferens posted...

Because they have to spend time/money to convert the programs to work on the PS3 hardware.
The return might not be worth the investment, which is why it has not happened.

This^ and They're probably sitting in the office like: "Dude why bother? Anyone with even slight skills can hack the PSN again and steal all thier money and DLC anyway. Watch, I'll do it right now so they can B**** about it to someone else." .... *PSN Crashes* ...." See, took me five seconds." Serioulsy sell your PS3 as soon as you can thier Firewalls still suck more than a poor woman in a tijuana stable.
---
"Lighthouses are more usefull than churches" - Benjamin Franklin-
#30cynic79Posted 11/7/2012 1:15:46 PM
To be honest, I'm not sure Skyrim should have even been released for the PS3. There were pre-existing problems with their games running properly on the PS3, and Bethesda should have at least made some effort to insure that they would be able to deliver DLC on the system.

Sony deserves their share of blame for the problems inherent in the PS3's design, but Bethesda was well aware of those problems. If they had reason to believe that the PS3 version of their game was going to be subpar, they really owed it to their fans not to release it on that system.