Who'd win in a fight 90 U.S Marines it 15,000 Argonian Soldiers

#211Denton28Posted 11/8/2012 5:42:47 AM
Also, do the Marines have air support, satelite imagry, and/or gunboats?

I imagine magic would be a factor here as well.

Fun thought exercise :)
#22ArwingMasterPosted 11/8/2012 5:52:20 AM
From a tactical standpoint, I imagine the argonians would lose morale and retreat after losing hundreds or even thousands of soldiers to "death magic" from an enemy that they cannot see since they are hiding in a bush a quarter mile away. Never played skyrim though, so I could be wrong.
---
"The Overlords gave us an unquenchable curiosity and a thirst for battle! Now it's time to make them regret ever giving us such tremendous powers!-Yuri
#23TkmajingPosted 11/8/2012 5:53:56 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#24ArwingMasterPosted 11/8/2012 5:56:26 AM
Also is this a prolonged campaign or a pitched battle? If it is a prolonged campaign marines could easily evade the enemy and only attack when they have the advantage, slowly bleeding the enemy dry. If it is a pitched battle, the argonians might be able to zerg rush the marines. Another thing I have noticed is the assumptions that marines would be useless in melee. Anyone familiar with marines will note that this is not the case.
---
"The Overlords gave us an unquenchable curiosity and a thirst for battle! Now it's time to make them regret ever giving us such tremendous powers!-Yuri
#25ArwingMasterPosted 11/8/2012 6:06:46 AM
Ok, did some quick research on argonians, and despite their guerilla tactics, this is nothing marines haven't faced before (I mean the tactics, obvously not lizard people), wheras the argonians would be completly unprepared for the marines style of battle. Given there greater numbers versus the marines technological edge, its a toss up with a slight advantage to the argonians. Give marines the varied weapons (i.e. grenade launchers, flamethrowers, machine guns, mortars etc) that 90 marines would actually have and I think it tilts in the marine's favor.
---
#26ArwingMasterPosted 11/8/2012 6:10:29 AM
Also, how much intelligence did the marines have before going into combat. To understand the difference, remember the first colonial marine vs xenomorph battle from Aliens? Colonial marines only got 1:1 kill ratios and were lucky to get that, in the second battle when they knew what to expect, each marine killed at least five xenomorphs, possibly more.
---
#27DravenRainrixPosted 11/8/2012 6:10:32 AM
ArwingMaster posted...
Ok, did some quick research on argonians, and despite their guerilla tactics, this is nothing marines haven't faced before (I mean the tactics, obvously not lizard people), wheras the argonians would be completly unprepared for the marines style of battle. Given there greater numbers versus the marines technological edge, its a toss up with a slight advantage to the argonians. Give marines the varied weapons (i.e. grenade launchers, flamethrowers, machine guns, mortars etc) that 90 marines would actually have and I think it tilts in the marine's favor.

doood. you really need to get laid.

This topic was supposed to be fun, not all serious and what not. : )

We all know that the Marines wouldn't even be in Black Marsh........... No oil there.........
---
Making Skyrim safe for arachnophobes one Frostbite Spider at a time.......
#28Catspaj33Posted 11/8/2012 7:07:50 AM
DravenRainrix posted...
ArwingMaster posted...

doood. you really need to get laid.

This topic was supposed to be fun, not all serious and what not. : )

We all know that the Marines wouldn't even be in Black Marsh........... No oil there.........

I agree with him. Get laid, no oil.
---
3DS FC:3995-6619-7227
#29RampagingwalrusPosted 11/8/2012 7:08:57 AM
Actually, there is likely quite a bit of oil in Black Marsh.
---
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
#30Kaisar_DragonPosted 11/8/2012 7:16:17 AM
3l3lm3nt posted...
Ok, TC is obviously biased, seeing as this set up is impossible to win for the Marines.

Now, Marines have 25,000 bullets collectively, and have Gas Masks.

Marines win, then take all the natural resources and occupy for 15 years.

Ok, so who would win... Those 90 marines without Ditka vs 15,000 Cave Bears?

Da Bears.
---
This space has been annexed by the NCR.