Who'd win in a fight 90 U.S Marines it 15,000 Argonian Soldiers

#61ShaminardrgnPosted 11/9/2012 4:56:40 PM
The Argonians forced the Deadric forces to close their own gate during the Oblivion crisis.

Think about it, Argonians caused DEMONS to panic and shut their own gate they were invading that part of the world with.

I don't see how Marines, however skilled they may be (and I respect their bravery in fighting terrorists), would fare against Argonians in their own lands.

Becides, magic users can mess up the lazer guided missiles and send them straight back at the launchers, plus the guns would also be messed up too, or the mages can cast a area shield, protecting their forces.
---
"If Ripto were here, I'd give him a piece of my mind!" : Moneybags from Spyro 2
#62azali10Posted 11/9/2012 5:00:42 PM
Shaminardrgn posted...
The Argonians forced the Deadric forces to close their own gate during the Oblivion crisis.

Think about it, Argonians caused DEMONS to panic and shut their own gate they were invading that part of the world with.

I don't see how Marines, however skilled they may be (and I respect their bravery in fighting terrorists), would fare against Argonians in their own lands.

Becides, magic users can mess up the lazer guided missiles and send them straight back at the launchers, plus the guns would also be messed up too, or the mages can cast a area shield, protecting their forces.

I don't think Argonians know what missles are or where they are launched from. Most likley they would try to get out of the way as if it was a catapault projectile and get blown up.
#63magnusmagneticPosted 11/9/2012 5:33:49 PM
I win.
#64RebelElite791Posted 11/9/2012 5:45:01 PM
Shaminardrgn posted...

There are no demons in Tamriel or Oblivion.
---
Stand in the ashes of a trillion dead souls, and ask the ghosts if honor matters. The silence is your answer. http://i.imgur.com/VZeCB.gif
#65ShinRaKnightPosted 11/9/2012 5:50:09 PM
Marines.

Let's be real here.

The marines wouldn't have to kill every argonian. In an actual battle the moment the marines started shooting and argonians began to die in the dozens the rest would flee.
---
GT- Abyssal Shift
http://www.youtube.com/user/ShinRaKnight
#66CaptainKatsuraPosted 11/9/2012 5:53:42 PM
ShinRaKnight posted...
Marines.

Let's be real here.

The marines wouldn't have to kill every argonian. In an actual battle the moment the marines started shooting and argonians began to die in the dozens the rest would flee.

While sound logic,one would assume that since it's 90 marines versus 15,000 Argonians,a few dozen deaths wouldn't deter them much.I'd only see this tactic working if the marines managed to easily kill 1000+ in a relatively short amount of time.
---
Herp-a derp
#67jrr18Posted 11/9/2012 6:24:53 PM
the marins could just nuke them then come in radiation suits and kill the survivors
---
victory threw superior fire power
psn jrr101
#68R41NB0W-D45HPosted 11/9/2012 8:30:39 PM
"Sir, one of our more remote teams has just stumbled across a civilization of bipedal lizard-people, though they seem to be hostile. It's unknown whether they have civilians among their ranks or not, but they all seem to be capable of surviving in uninhabitable conditions. Course of action?"

"F*** it, nuke 'em."

"But sir, they may have civilians, and we haven't even tried to make peaceful contact with them! What if they can be reasoned with, and brought to our side? Their resistances to harsh environments could prove invaluable in operations the world over!"

"I. Said. Nuke. Them."
---
My name is Dixie... Dixie Normous.
#69RebelElite791Posted 11/9/2012 8:38:16 PM
ShinRaKnight posted...
Marines.

Let's be real here.

How's that delusional jingoism going for you?
---
Stand in the ashes of a trillion dead souls, and ask the ghosts if honor matters. The silence is your answer. http://i.imgur.com/VZeCB.gif
#70ShinRaKnightPosted 11/9/2012 8:44:41 PM
RebelElite791 posted...
ShinRaKnight posted...
Marines.

Let's be real here.

How's that delusional jingoism going for you?

What is delusional about it.

History is littered with examples. Why do you think major battles always start with artillery type strikes, in the modern age that would be cannons or mortars and the ages past it was volleys of arrows.

Why did armies do this. simply because it causes death in mass, thins out the enemy ranks, and lowers morale among them.

I think you need to open up to reality if you can't see that 90 marines firing simultaneously into enemy ranks and killing them in the dozens wouldn't have the same effect.

Also I am not paying attention to 15,000 argonians, that is a ludicrously high number, especially when the TC limits the amount of ammo the marines have.
---
GT- Abyssal Shift
http://www.youtube.com/user/ShinRaKnight