Just started a mage character, how does one make destruction OP?

#1Cooldude4389Posted 11/8/2012 5:42:43 AM
For roleplay purposes, I would like to be able to muck everything up with various destruction spells. However, it seems that in Skyrim destruction was severely nerfed...any ideas on how to make destruction realistically powerful?

Also, I have a stealth-based character that I have been working on for a while. Is there any way to make it so that only two arrows take down a tough enemy? Again, this is simply for roleplay purposes...I think it's rather unrealistic that it takes 34897290842084 arrows to take down an imperial guard that has probably never experienced combat in his life.
#2drkpendragonPosted 11/8/2012 5:52:02 AM
Cooldude4389 posted...
For roleplay purposes, I would like to be able to muck everything up with various destruction spells. However, it seems that in Skyrim destruction was severely nerfed...any ideas on how to make destruction realistically powerful?

Also, I have a stealth-based character that I have been working on for a while. Is there any way to make it so that only two arrows take down a tough enemy? Again, this is simply for roleplay purposes...I think it's rather unrealistic that it takes 34897290842084 arrows to take down an imperial guard that has probably never experienced combat in his life.

About all you can do is use potions to increase your magic power.

As far as an archer, I don't know how you're having any trouble. Create a decent enchanted bow and you should be killing most enemies in one hit; from stealth is even easier.
---
There are no heroes in war.--Metal Gear Solid
God didn't create humans, its humans who created God.
#3theonyxphoenixPosted 11/8/2012 5:54:25 AM
I'm definitely going to include a section in Useful Info v1.1 on how to maximize Destruction magic. It seems these topics pop up daily.
#4Valmanways4EverPosted 11/8/2012 5:58:51 AM
use staves, get the dual cast and staggering perks for stunlock, use alchemy to make destruction potions, or even just one really good restoration potion to use with the diadem of the savant once (no loop)
---
I've never acted or pretended like I know everything. Hell I'm not even the most knowledgeable person here (by a long shot). ~RebelElite791
#5Cooldude4389(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2012 6:00:23 AM
Well this is rather offtopic, but how do you make OP enchanted items? My enchanting level is currently 26, I believe...and I only level up when I disenchant 1337 expensive items. Also, once my enchants get strong enough, which should I be enchanting my elven bows with?
#6RampagingwalrusPosted 11/8/2012 6:03:11 AM
Cooldude4389 posted...
Well this is rather offtopic, but how do you make OP enchanted items?

The same way you make most everything else overpowered... by getting the skill to 100, and taking the appropriate perks.
---
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
#7tzar_666Posted 11/8/2012 6:08:54 AM
Cooldude4389 posted...
Well this is rather offtopic, but how do you make OP enchanted items? My enchanting level is currently 26, I believe...and I only level up when I disenchant 1337 expensive items. Also, once my enchants get strong enough, which should I be enchanting my elven bows with?

what are 1337 items. ive never seen anything called 1337.
---
psn tzar666
xbox davethebakerx2
#8Cooldude4389(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2012 6:14:58 AM(edited)
tzar_666 posted...
Cooldude4389 posted...

what are 1337 items. ive never seen anything called 1337.

LOLBRO UR FUNY GUI IT MAKE ME LAF xD

I meant said items are rather expensive, and have nice enchantments to boot...

Oh also, is there any place to read specific character builds, that the Skyrim community has been working on?
#9NicodaemosPosted 11/8/2012 6:13:51 AM
Dual Casting > Impact > cost reduction enchants > herp a derp
---
Until you spread your wings, you'll never know how far you can walk.
GT-- The Baconer
#10tzar_666Posted 11/8/2012 6:16:14 AM
Nicodaemos posted...
Dual Casting > Impact > cost reduction enchants > herp a derp

hotkey a stack of destruction potions and you can smash people with lightning.
---
psn tzar666
xbox davethebakerx2