Bethesda took too long for DLC...

#11Fate_AssassinPosted 11/8/2012 10:59:55 AM
Actually I think what Beth is doing is the best DLC strategy. Because most of those games you mention fail to keep people playing for more then a few months. Also some people still didn't do everything that Skyrim has to offer. So they release DLC every so many months and most of the DLC adds a lot of new content.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/615803-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/62287165 - restored faith in humanity.
1/14/2013, shipment date
#12Mixorz(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2012 11:00:15 AM
Yeah I haven't been here in a while because I played Skyrim when it was relevant. Better games have been released already. Borderlands 2 actually added new things to the series rather than take away (like spears and crossbows, only to add crossbows in DLC and say its new). I fired up Halo 4 in the morning and saw the trailer for the Skyrim DLC, and even for a trailer it looks choppy and leggy as hell. Beth really needs to learn how to make a less buggy game,
---
They'll always need men like us. Those who are willing to do what others cannot.
XBox Live GT: Mixorz
#13Valmanways4EverPosted 11/8/2012 11:01:19 AM
darkportal785 posted...
First LunaKight and now Mixorz?

Ugh. Who's next? That kid who holds a grudge against both Rebel and myself?

Someone has a grudge against you? That's legit weird, you don't act like an a****** from what I've seen.
---
I've never acted or pretended like I know everything. Hell I'm not even the most knowledgeable person here (by a long shot). ~RebelElite791
#14Mixorz(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2012 11:03:07 AM
Rikashi posted...
Mixorz posted...
all my friends will be getting it.

Whoa, that's like... two people and a sock puppet you call Mindy?

Slow down there, cowboy.

Yeah, you know...friends. Other people you can play with. yes i want to play with my friends, and if i just got to spend $65 i will. i drop double when we hang out one night at a club. But I guess you have Lydia to keep you busy on lonely nights. It's okay, the one game mommy bought you is still okay.
---
They'll always need men like us. Those who are willing to do what others cannot.
#15RikashiPosted 11/8/2012 11:04:10 AM
Mixorz posted...
yes i want to play with my friends, and if i just got to spend $65 i will.

Yeah, you seem like the kind of guy that needs to spend money to get friends.
---
*~Remember, remember, the 10th of November~*
Not changing this sig until Stephen Kings 'It' gets a proper movie adaption
#16defjamz26Posted 11/8/2012 11:04:48 AM
IDK about losing interest, but Ill agree that they really took their sweet time. That usually means that the extra time is so nothing is rushed and perfect, but they have taken way too long. Its been a year since Skyrim was released and only 2 real DLC's. Not to mention the Dragonborn DLC doesnt even come out untill the beginning of December. WTF?

Its not suprising though. Rumors are that Bethesda is busy working on other stuff like the next Elder Scrolls for the next gen console and Fallout 4. TC may just be trolling but Ill agree the DLC support for Skyrim has been terrible. I mean within the same 1 year timespan, New Vegas had 4 legit DLC packs(LR,HH,DM, and OWB) as well ass 2 small ones in the form of GRA and CS(unless you pre-ordered the game).

And to be honest Dawnguard didnt add a HUGE amount of content, just new ways to play. Same with Hearthfire.
---
Not changing sig untill Somoa Joe comes to WWE. Started 1/15/12
#17Mixorz(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2012 11:07:52 AM
Rikashi posted...
Mixorz posted...
yes i want to play with my friends, and if i just got to spend $65 i will.

Yeah, you seem like the kind of guy that needs to spend money to get friends.

My friends and co workers will still be there whether I get Blops 2 or not. Point is things are more fun when you do things together (and I've bought CoD every year since MW). When you leave the house and talk to a woman without giving your credit card number first you'll probably get it.
---
#18Mixorz(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2012 11:11:51 AM
defjamz26 posted...
IDK about losing interest, but Ill agree that they really took their sweet time. That usually means that the extra time is so nothing is rushed and perfect, but they have taken way too long. Its been a year since Skyrim was released and only 2 real DLC's. Not to mention the Dragonborn DLC doesnt even come out untill the beginning of December. WTF?

Its not suprising though. Rumors are that Bethesda is busy working on other stuff like the next Elder Scrolls for the next gen console and Fallout 4. TC may just be trolling but Ill agree the DLC support for Skyrim has been terrible. I mean within the same 1 year timespan, New Vegas had 4 legit DLC packs(LR,HH,DM, and OWB) as well ass 2 small ones in the form of GRA and CS(unless you pre-ordered the game).

And to be honest Dawnguard didnt add a HUGE amount of content, just new ways to play. Same with Hearthfire.

That's pretty much my point. It would be one thing if it was perfect or near perfect when they release it but its always choppy and buggy. Anyone remember all the problems with Dawnguard?

Sorry but there is no way to spin this positively. Beth simply dropped the ball. PERIOD. Even MW3 had many DLC's within 6 months. Some of them FREE. And they pump out a game e very 2 years. Sorry but Beth has no excuse for not supporting their title.
---
#19RikashiPosted 11/8/2012 11:11:59 AM
Mixorz posted...
I've bought CoD every year since MW

Huh. I don't even need to add any snide remarks to that.
---
*~Remember, remember, the 10th of November~*
Not changing this sig until Stephen Kings 'It' gets a proper movie adaption
#20DanteDemonBloodPosted 11/8/2012 11:14:40 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]