Bethesda took too long for DLC...

#111Foreman22Posted 11/9/2012 6:21:39 AM
Pretty stupid move tbh.

Much like this topic.
#112Freedan the EternalPosted 11/9/2012 9:53:08 AM(edited)
JustThink1st posted...
@Freedan and his ilk. Hey schleppo, if you're gonna come to the party, bring a gift. You make no sense. Of course I pick and choose what to play. I can't play every game or watch every movie or read every book. And I stated that although I love Skyrim, it's not offering me an enticing reason to keep playing when new games are out that are offering fresh and unique experiences for me. So it's almost not an arguable point that perhaps Bethesda could have had a more comprehensive plan for expanding the game to keep players playing (and buying the content!) and drawing new owners in.

I make no sense? Because I can still enjoy Skyrim even vanilla at this point and you can't?

You see, you are the one that makes no sense. You can't play everything? Fine. Neither can I. I can't afford it. But if you think a game has run it's course for you, then the solution is to move on. Not to ***** and moan that there isn't enough DLC fast enough to keep your attention. Because let me tell you: Coming on these message board's to whine that it's Bethesda's fault you can't enjoy the game anymore isn't accomplishing jack crap.

If time is really the issue, you should probably stop wasting it here.
---
Of course she flew through the air! You can see it right there! Whooooooooosh! - Phoenix Wright
#113XohmErunePosted 11/9/2012 10:06:06 AM
Rikashi posted...
quantumtheo posted...
Rikashi posted...
Mixorz posted...
all my friends will be getting it.

Whoa, that's like... two people and a sock puppet you call Mindy?

Slow down there, cowboy.

It's "Remember, Remember the 5TH of November" Mr. Sarcasm....

OH MY GOD

I can't believe I was wrong all this time! Thanks for the heads-u, bro!

It's not like you're the fifth or sixth idiot already who doesn't get it or anything like that...

Tomorrow. We save the Crystal Ponies with their history.
---
You didn't think that you were the only one? He was the first.
#114_FALZ_Posted 11/9/2012 10:48:40 AM
I think it's actually the spread-out DLC that's keeping Skyrim relevant. So, people will say "oh, I remember that game. It was a blast. There's new content coming out for it? Sweet, I'll get back into it again." I don't see a problem with it.
#115Mixorz(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2012 10:57:41 AM
Freedan the Eternal posted...
JustThink1st posted...
@Freedan and his ilk. Hey schleppo, if you're gonna come to the party, bring a gift. You make no sense. Of course I pick and choose what to play. I can't play every game or watch every movie or read every book. And I stated that although I love Skyrim, it's not offering me an enticing reason to keep playing when new games are out that are offering fresh and unique experiences for me. So it's almost not an arguable point that perhaps Bethesda could have had a more comprehensive plan for expanding the game to keep players playing (and buying the content!) and drawing new owners in.

I make no sense? Because I can still enjoy Skyrim even vanilla at this point and you can't?

You see, you are the one that makes no sense. You can't play everything? Fine. Neither can I. I can't afford it. But if you think a game has run it's course for you, then the solution is to move on. Not to ***** and moan that there isn't enough DLC fast enough to keep your attention. Because let me tell you: Coming on these message board's to whine that it's Bethesda's fault you can't enjoy the game anymore isn't accomplishing jack crap.

If time is really the issue, you should probably stop wasting it here.

If you think that's the problem. You probably haven't played newer games. Halo 4 is the best it's ever been, Borderlands 2 really took a great concept and made it much better. Sorry but even though Skyrim is an open world it's horribly bland at this point, and it isn't as deep as Morrowind or even Oblivion. There are three weapon types that are pretty much the same (except for speed of swing I guess), without create a spell magic gets boring, and every character has access to the same....everything. Dawnguard added a little but not enough to keep me playing a whole extra 8 months or so.

Even borderlands is loot driven so there is a reason to keep playing and grinding. What's the point in Skyrim? No enemy is a challenge and the loot sucks, you're better off making it yourself.

If you really think DLC would not have really made Skyrim much better you're absolutely wrong. Nothing wrong with vanilla Skyrim but to think it alone and Dawnguard keep it relevant for a year you really need to see how other games get supported.
---
They'll always need men like us. Those who are willing to do what others cannot.
XBox Live GT: Mixorz
#116Gandalf the IstariPosted 11/9/2012 11:22:23 AM
These games have very different audiences, even with some crossover. Of those Borderlands 2 and AC 3 are the only ones I'll ever play. Also a lot of people buy DLC because it extends the life of the game, I'd much rather by 20$ skyrim dlc than try a 60$ game that ends up being crap.
#117FredCat07Posted 11/9/2012 11:26:01 AM
BlissedIgnoranc posted...
Silly children, whining about lack of content. Back in my day you had ONE life and no savefiles...first world problems~

Oh, Cranky Kong!

strange_guy posted...
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]

What was it? Modded again?
---
I used to be hearing person like you, until I took the fever in my ears. ~FredCat
#118jodiebigballsPosted 11/9/2012 12:05:01 PM
Quote:Rikashi posted...
Mixorz posted...
yes i want to play with my friends, and if i just got to spend $65 i will.

Yeah, you seem like the kind of guy that needs to spend money to get friends.

My friends and co workers will still be there whether I get Blops 2 or not. Point is things are more fun when you do things together (and I've bought CoD every year since MW). When you leave the house and talk to a woman without giving your credit card number first you'll probably get it.

Get out.....
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#119jodiebigballsPosted 11/9/2012 12:09:19 PM
Quote:i love how when someone says something true...and its against the fanboy obsession....that person is a troll...Tc is right...it took far too long for dlc to come out and there are many better games out to play now
@spacecowboy44

Why are you typing like you are out of breath?
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#120turn_basedPosted 11/9/2012 12:11:55 PM
The first two months I played Skyrim hard. Had never heard of 'roleplaying' an RPG, I had never heard of the term 'build' used before like it is now. I played Skyrim to explore, fight, grow, and experience as much of the story and secondary quests as I could.

Then I stopped. Why? The game stopped. I hit a high level, did 'everything' and realized there was nothing left to do!

Back in Morrowind, I'd mess with enchanting, spellmaking, or different paths in regards to the Great Houses. And that game was huge and hoofing most of it mandatory.

Oblivion: I did it all, every guild, every dlc, (no horse armor though:) and even every outcome of the DB mansion in Skingrad mission. I created spells and enchantments in order to keep my Blades buddies alive, even that dumb dunmer knight wanna-be brat! I loved the introduction of gravity. I would stack baskets and shoot fireballs at em on the Imperial Bridge while capturing it on camera. It took a long time to put Oblivion down!

Skyrim? 2 months. Granted, ME3 came out, but really, Skyrim removed the experimentation of spellmaking and didn't introduce a new, game shifting mechanic like gravity that would open up new ways to play in this beautiful place! So, what do we do? How do we stay interested? DLC.

Introduce new problems, new faces, and new places! If we dont get fresh stuff, and our best experimenting involves glitching, then yeah, someone could make the argument that they need to change their mentality about dlc releasing schedules.

Look, Oblivion had spellmaking and a new mechanic: gravity. It was east to keep yourself occupied until dlc came out.

But Skyrim? They removed something, and didn't introduce something equivelant(?) to gravity! Honestly, I kind of feel like that Stormcloak prisoner sometimes; I get to walk or run around Skyrim and enjoy the sights, I just cant interact with it like I want to, my hands feel tied.

That all said, as ES moves toward more action and adventure, and less 'experimental,' they need to take an ExLax and get to pooping out some dlc on a regular basis. Am I making sense?

Anyway, let's hope they realize they gotta stay active, I'm tired of reading about 'roleplaying ideas' and 'build types.' All of that is unneccessary if there was something new to do.

Love and peace, hope and change, folks.
---
Redguards Rule!