Bethesda took too long for DLC...

#131Mixorz(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2012 3:03:18 PM
The_Beer_Scotch posted...
Mixorz posted...
Freedan the Eternal posted...
Mixorz posted...
Halo 4 could be 6 hrs on the easiest setting perhaps. I'm about 5-6 hours in and am not finished on heroic, and MP is basically endless replay value.

Borderlands 2 vanilla has co op, about a 30-40 hour campaign, new game plus, and a high level raid boss. The DLC adds about 10-20 hours and 2 new raid bosses and took less time to come out than Dawnguard. Sorry but Skyrim really doesn't have the replay value you think it does, especially with how watered down combat and magic are compared to previous titles.

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize your actual goal was to tell me you know what kind of games I like better than I do. I reiterate: Yet Another Boring Ass Shooter 4 will not have the kind of replay value I have with Skyrim.

If it does for you, more power to you. But I have played more than enough shooters over the years. I do not need another. And you might as well stop trying to convince me I'm wrong, because you won't.

And you see, that's why my opinion is much more valid than yours. You're clearly biased against shooters. How many "generic fantasy RPGs" are there?

And me, I am very unbiased. I love Skyrim. It was loads of fun. But bigger and better things have come out. And those bigger and better things have better support when it comes to adding things fans want, and adding longevity to the game. Skyrim had its chance maybe about 3 months ago. Halo 4 adds way more to the Halo franchise than Skyrim added to TES. In fact, Skyrim took things away.

Again, I understand if you only had the liquid assets to only buy one videogame this year, or relied on a parental figure (most likely the mother figure) to provide your gaming experience and that parental figure frequently attempts to stifle your hobby by refusing to provide you with funds, but if you are an adult gamer with a career already locked in and not having to worry about such restraints you will see both Halo 4 and Bordelands 2 (and I'm willing to bet Blops 2) will all be better games than Skyrim that added more to their respective franchises than Skyrim added to TES. They will also have better support. I am also willing to be more people play Blops at this point than Skyrim. I don't really care to check because I'm pretty sure I'm right.

TLDR version: you're mad because you couldn't buy the better games that came out, and are hoping Dragonborn will be the next coming of Christ, but it will be about as long as Dawnguard. Get mad.

If all these games are so much better, why are you not playing them?

And you clearly have mummy issues, you come off as someone who could not get there mummy to buy them games, and now that you are old enough to buy your own games, you are still unable to deal with the "trauma" your mummy out you through.

Its an unhealthy obsession you have with your mummy.

Maybe you should see a shrink.

Lol I am playing those. Halo 4 moreso tbh but I still need to get my siren to lvl 50 in BL2.

And awwww....looks like I struck a nerve. Don't worry the truth only hurts temporarily. Denial is a perfectly normal stage in the grief period. Again, get mad, it's good for you.
---
They'll always need men like us. Those who are willing to do what others cannot.
XBox Live GT: Mixorz
#132RikashiPosted 11/9/2012 3:03:32 PM
Mixorz goes trolollolyoition in he baket.
---
*~Remember, remember, the 10th of November~*
Not changing this sig until Stephen Kings 'It' gets a proper movie adaption
#133Freedan the EternalPosted 11/9/2012 3:05:11 PM
Mixorz posted...
Mixorz posted...
Halo 4 could be 6 hrs on the easiest setting perhaps. I'm about 5-6 hours in and am not finished on heroic, and MP is basically endless replay value.

Borderlands 2 vanilla has co op, about a 30-40 hour campaign, new game plus, and a high level raid boss. The DLC adds about 10-20 hours and 2 new raid bosses and took less time to come out than Dawnguard. Sorry but Skyrim really doesn't have the replay value you think it does, especially with how watered down combat and magic are compared to previous titles.

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize your actual goal was to tell me you know what kind of games I like better than I do. I reiterate: Yet Another Boring Ass Shooter 4 will not have the kind of replay value I have with Skyrim.

If it does for you, more power to you. But I have played more than enough shooters over the years. I do not need another. And you might as well stop trying to convince me I'm wrong, because you won't.

And you see, that's why my opinion is much more valid than yours. You're clearly biased against shooters. How many "generic fantasy RPGs" are there?

And me, I am very unbiased. I love Skyrim. It was loads of fun. But bigger and better things have come out. And those bigger and better things have better support when it comes to adding things fans want, and adding longevity to the game. Skyrim had its chance maybe about 3 months ago. Halo 4 adds way more to the Halo franchise than Skyrim added to TES. In fact, Skyrim took things away.

Again, I understand if you only had the liquid assets to only buy one videogame this year, or relied on a parental figure (most likely the mother figure) to provide your gaming experience and that parental figure frequently attempts to stifle your hobby by refusing to provide you with funds, but if you are an adult gamer with a career already locked in and not having to worry about such restraints you will see both Halo 4 and Bordelands 2 (and I'm willing to bet Blops 2) will all be better games than Skyrim that added more to their respective franchises than Skyrim added to TES. They will also have better support. I am also willing to be more people play Blops at this point than Skyrim. I don't really care to check because I'm pretty sure I'm right.

TLDR version: you're mad because you couldn't buy the better games that came out, and are hoping Dragonborn will be the next coming of Christ, but it will be about as long as Dawnguard. Get mad.

It's got more to do with the fact I've lost count of the number of shooters I've played since the original Wolfenstein 3D, and at some point they started to blend together and I realized: These are all exactly the same game. It's hard not to be ****ing biased at that point. I've played all three of the original Halo games when they came out. I seriously cannot remember where 1 ended and 2 began, and the same for 2 and 3.

Like I said, I do not need or want any more shooters in my life. You can hold yourself up, like your opinion is actually more valid than mine, but all that does is make you look like an egotistical prig. I've given you the solution to your problem with Skyrim several times already, but I'll repeat it once more: If it has run it's course for you, go play something else. I really don't give a ****. But nothing you say changes the fact I just started a new character a few days ago, and am still having a blast. So your inference that it has run it's course for everyone because DLC is slower than you like is entirely false.
---
Of course she flew through the air! You can see it right there! Whooooooooosh! - Phoenix Wright
#134MonsterHunterExPosted 11/9/2012 3:10:14 PM
Maybe The reason it has taken so long may be because it takes time to code such a large place and make it as bug free as possible? We all know that open world games are infamously glitchy be it funny(space nords and manimals) to bad(uncompletable quests and falling through the map).

As for two of the games TC mentioned, BL2 was nice but it gets boring after you get all the loot and CS adds bout, for me at least, 5 hours per character. The raid bosses for CS aren't worth it either cause seraph weapons suck compared to most oranges and some blues.
Halo 4 gave me about 6 hours of campaing, which was amazing and I cannot wait for the next installation. But without multiplayer it's content is extremely limited.
#135Mixorz(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2012 3:18:12 PM
MonsterHunterEx posted...
Maybe The reason it has taken so long may be because it takes time to code such a large place and make it as bug free as possible? We all know that open world games are infamously glitchy be it funny(space nords and manimals) to bad(uncompletable quests and falling through the map).

As for two of the games TC mentioned, BL2 was nice but it gets boring after you get all the loot and CS adds bout, for me at least, 5 hours per character. The raid bosses for CS aren't worth it either cause seraph weapons suck compared to most oranges and some blues.
Halo 4 gave me about 6 hours of campaing, which was amazing and I cannot wait for the next installation. But without multiplayer it's content is extremely limited.

Get all the loot in a random loot generating game. Do you realize how bad you failed? Lol it's okay, lying is unfortunately a defense mechanism used by many people.
---
They'll always need men like us. Those who are willing to do what others cannot.
XBox Live GT: Mixorz
#136darkportal785Posted 11/9/2012 3:21:46 PM
Rikashi posted...

hes covred hose, ya kno?
#137RikashiPosted 11/9/2012 3:22:12 PM
darkportal785 posted...
Rikashi posted...

hes covred hose, ya kno?

no i cvo vere ze was abnd the shi
---
*~Remember, remember, the 10th of November~*
Not changing this sig until Stephen Kings 'It' gets a proper movie adaption
#138MonsterHunterExPosted 11/9/2012 3:25:30 PM
Mixorz posted...
MonsterHunterEx posted...

Get all the loot in a random loot generating game. Do you realize how bad you failed? Lol it's okay, lying is unfortunately a defense mechanism used by many people.

No, I just don't need 30 Maggies with slightly different names and stats. I don't care about run-of-the-mill weapons, just the unique ones. Which I do have one of each save for the Seraph weapons.
#139The_Beer_ScotchPosted 11/9/2012 3:29:46 PM
Mixorz posted...
The_Beer_Scotch posted...
Mixorz posted...
Mixorz posted...

If all these games are so much better, why are you not playing them?

And you clearly have mummy issues, you come off as someone who could not get there mummy to buy them games, and now that you are old enough to buy your own games, you are still unable to deal with the "trauma" your mummy out you through.

Its an unhealthy obsession you have with your mummy.

Maybe you should see a shrink.

Lol I am playing those. Halo 4 moreso tbh but I still need to get my siren to lvl 50 in BL2.

And awwww....looks like I struck a nerve. Don't worry the truth only hurts temporarily. Denial is a perfectly normal stage in the grief period. Again, get mad, it's good for you.

See? Unhealthy obsession, both with "old run down games" and your mummy.

Its ok petal, you are safe now.
---
The road goes ever on and on....
#140Shadow_1331Posted 11/9/2012 3:35:41 PM
Lol at BL2 having better service. They have stated they have fixed the auto save freeze glitch idk how many times, and I still cant play. That started for me, luckily, after I had beaten it, but still. Congrats, they released dlc, after I bought th season pass, and I cant play it! Either way I have enjoyed Halo 4, BL2 (for the small amount of time I've played it), and Skyrim.