Bethesda took too long for DLC...

#51N1ghtm4reW0lfPosted 11/8/2012 1:44:34 PM
I believe this all because TC thinks all DLC is equal. I know most people would rather wait a year for Dragonborn, like they did with Shivering Isles, and actually get more game, than wait 2 months and get weapon skins and Multiplayer maps you never even get to play on.

TC said that MW3 was superior, because they put out more DLC faster. What TC forgot, was that they are all the same DLC, and just recoloured maps, for 10 dollars a pack.

What TC also forgot, is that dragonborn is adding weapons, dragon mounts(Possibly, most likely just cinematic fast travel), a new hunk of story and lore, as well as (Most likely) extending the Main quest.

Patience is a virtue. Waiting is half the battle. Etc.
#52defjamz26Posted 11/8/2012 1:52:36 PM
N1ghtm4reW0lf posted...
I believe this all because TC thinks all DLC is equal. I know most people would rather wait a year for Dragonborn, like they did with Shivering Isles, and actually get more game, than wait 2 months and get weapon skins and Multiplayer maps you never even get to play on.

TC said that MW3 was superior, because they put out more DLC faster. What TC forgot, was that they are all the same DLC, and just recoloured maps, for 10 dollars a pack.

What TC also forgot, is that dragonborn is adding weapons, dragon mounts(Possibly, most likely just cinematic fast travel), a new hunk of story and lore, as well as (Most likely) extending the Main quest.

Patience is a virtue. Waiting is half the battle. Etc.

But still. Its been almost a year exactly. Dawnguard is the only real DLC they have. Hearthfire was like a small add on. Dragonborn doesnt come out until another month to add insult to injury. When it does that'll be 1 year and 2 real DLC packs. Compare that to the 4 legit packs New Vegas had plus the small add on GRA, and something doesnt add up. Like I said, Dawnguard wasnt even that big of an expansion.

Im not going to completely judge off a short trailer, but IF all they add is a 5 hour(give or take) quest, a few weapons, a couple sets of armor that you can't even smith, then it'll all be for nothing.
---
Not changing sig untill Somoa Joe comes to WWE. Started 1/15/12
#53OmgitsMarioPosted 11/8/2012 2:13:54 PM
at least you guys got any DLC...lol
#54akjomsvikingPosted 11/8/2012 2:22:06 PM
But why do we need 'support'? I don't get it. Devs make a game, sell it to me, I play it. Why does anything else have to transpire? I still have fun playing it a year after I bought it. I've played and beaten other games in between.

One of the best RPG's I've ever played, Planescape: Torment, didn't even have an expansion (for you little tykes, that's what we called them before DLC). It's still considered one of the best RPGs of all time.

And why this talk of Bethesda loving it's fans / not loving it's fans? Why the fk would I care what they think of me any more than the guy selling me a car or a cheeseburger?

I think it's an awesome game. DLC would be nice but I still have a good time rolling up a new character and killing bandits. Now that I think about it, I think it speaks to the excellence of this game that it has had so little DLC, and yet is so much fun.
#55JustThink1stPosted 11/8/2012 2:24:11 PM
Jumped to the end! Just wanted to add my two cents that I pretty much agree with TC. I personally don't have a lot of time to invest in many different games. I play two or three main games during a period of time generally and Skyrim has fallen out of my favor. Probably one of my favorite games of all time but the dlc so far was uninspiring (look me in the eye and tell me vampires and/or werewolves arent the most beaten to death thing in entertainment right now). With nothing to draw me in Skyrim falls by the wayside as I get involved in Borderlands 2 and Halo 4. Ill dabble in AC3 and Black Ops 2 and by then Bioshock Infinite will be out and Skyrim will be a memory.
---
"I'm not scared...I'm singing. My screaming song."
"You're a total wuss."
#56roladpfPosted 11/8/2012 2:30:09 PM
Astardes posted...
Didn't Shivering Isles come out a year after Oblivion?

Yeah but that was during the time when people weren't so spoiled with 'DLC'. DLC this, DLC that.

What about the good old days when people could play games without worrying if it will have 'extra content or else, drop it".
#57Foreman22Posted 11/8/2012 2:30:13 PM
I got Borderlands 2 and returned it. I am not into Halo so new DLC for Skyrim is very much welcome IMO.
#58quantumtheoPosted 11/8/2012 2:46:24 PM
roladpf posted...
Astardes posted...
Didn't Shivering Isles come out a year after Oblivion?

Yeah but that was during the time when people weren't so spoiled with 'DLC'. DLC this, DLC that.

What about the good old days when people could play games without worrying if it will have 'extra content or else, drop it".

OR, even better like with TF2 and Unreal Tournament, FREE content updates! My god, shock and horror comes from those who treat capitalism like a religion.....

Yeah I miss the days when you installed a game and only had to worry about getting patches... or just put a cart in the nintendo. :P
#59quantumtheoPosted 11/8/2012 2:47:24 PM
Mixorz posted...
Valmanways4Ever posted...
I agree. They definitely should have removed content from the game and released a steady stream of quest and weapons packs. I'd pay 800 MSP for curved swords. Curved. Swords.

Funny how a company that supports their game early gets hate, while Skyrim fanboys have this delusion Beth cares about them. They've been happy with your money from Vanilla Skyrim and haven't been doing anything since. Oh but they let you build houses and adopt only human kids. Yup they're really doing a great job supporting their game.

Bethesda JUST released an optimization update for Skyrim.... Like just last week. You might want to think before you speak.
#60quantumtheoPosted 11/8/2012 2:54:03 PM
JustThink1st posted...
Jumped to the end! Just wanted to add my two cents that I pretty much agree with TC. I personally don't have a lot of time to invest in many different games. I play two or three main games during a period of time generally and Skyrim has fallen out of my favor. Probably one of my favorite games of all time but the dlc so far was uninspiring (look me in the eye and tell me vampires and/or werewolves arent the most beaten to death thing in entertainment right now). With nothing to draw me in Skyrim falls by the wayside as I get involved in Borderlands 2 and Halo 4. Ill dabble in AC3 and Black Ops 2 and by then Bioshock Infinite will be out and Skyrim will be a memory.

Um... The Skyrim Nexus?????????? Why does one need to rely on Bethesda for content when the community is so massive!?!?