Dragon Souls help level up

#1KoRiy5000Posted 11/8/2012 3:55:36 PM
ive posted something like this before, thought id see if opinions have changed

my ideas was to have dragon souls give you exp towards leveling up. not much, but some. this way all the people that have been playing for a long time can possibly go as high of a level as they want. a reward for the players that keep going even once they hit level cap. It would allow you to get all the perks, but would take a long time

what do you think?
#2Dreadsword101Posted 11/8/2012 3:58:07 PM
The idea of exchanging dragon souls for perks has been posted here a few times before. I do like it since it would give me something to do with the 20+ spare dragons souls I have.
#3KoRiy5000(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2012 4:01:24 PM
not so much trading them in, think more like the "general exp" from the fable series. doesnt increase any skill but just helps fill up the level up bar
#4h3IIfir3pho3nixPosted 11/8/2012 4:06:50 PM
They should just add a shout tree...
---
"At least Harbinger came up with his own catchphrase. Obama has to steal his from Bob the builder." -iamdanthaman
#5LockeadonPosted 11/8/2012 4:58:46 PM
hmm so you mean when you kill a dragon you get level xp even if your skills are maxed? why not for everything? if they did that you could become godly strong if you put in the effort and for the first time in this series there would REALLY be no level cap. im all for it good idea ^.^
---
it seems only i can prevent forest fires O.O i should probably be getting on that...
#6TaigaWilliamPosted 11/8/2012 5:00:05 PM
I would love for them to patch anything in to use extra souls for. My personal favorite idea is respeccing perks.
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lnvgoxXXiA1qbily0o1_500.jpg
#7RampagingwalrusPosted 11/8/2012 5:01:04 PM
If they wanted people to get all perks, they would have had them unlock on skill increases, and not been a level up investment.
Also, being able to maximize every skill already overpowers you grossly.
Being able to have all perks also is just... stupid.
---
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
#8charon78auPosted 11/8/2012 5:29:20 PM
h3IIfir3pho3nix posted...
They should just add a shout tree...

This is the most common sense use for the extra souls.
---
Don't pay the ferry man. Don't even fix a price.
GT: Charon78
#9Brenz0rPosted 11/8/2012 5:30:40 PM
Dreadsword101 posted...
The idea of exchanging dragon souls for perks has been posted here a few times before. I do like it since it would give me something to do with the 20+ spare dragons souls I have.

The PC version has had a mod for this since roughly November of last year, at a guess.

What Bethesda did was provide a renewable resource for which you would eventually run out of any need for (once you've unlocked all the shouts, there's no point in bothering to collect any more souls), and a non-renewable resource (perk points). Granted, eventually you'll run out of perks to take if you get enough dragon souls, but it could always be added on to HP, Magicka or Stamina at that point.

The PC mod, for reference, allows the option of a 10:1 exchange rate on souls to perks, a 20:1, and I think a 50:1.
---
"We get serious about fictional girl underpants, and kid around when it comes to topics like world hunger." ~Teepo on CAGN
#10KoRiy5000(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2012 6:29:13 PM
Rampagingwalrus posted...
If they wanted people to get all perks, they would have had them unlock on skill increases, and not been a level up investment.
Also, being able to maximize every skill already overpowers you grossly.
Being able to have all perks also is just... stupid.

no one would force you to use the perk points. this is just an idea me and a friend came up with to reward guys like us that have 300+ hours on our main guys. and im saying if youre already lvl 81 then it would take like 25+ souls to level up. make it take a long time