Sofie bug

#1NepharenPosted 11/10/2012 7:44:18 PM
Adopted Sofie from windhelm a couple days ago and was having trouble giving gifts to her. Everything was greyed out and and when selected it said the item was too heavy for her. I loaded an earlier save from before I adopted her and took note of her inventory and the 150 baskets she was carrying and thought this has to be the reason for my problem.

If I buy everything in her inventory and adopt her on the spot, will she regain this inventory at a later date? I want to adopt her for my rp but it ruins it if I can't give her anything.

Also, does anyone know if the inventory of an adopted child is reset periodically? Would you run into this problem with the other kids if you give them too many things over a period of time?
#2LordTrinenPosted 11/10/2012 8:54:09 PM
One time when I adopted Sofie she had 300 baskets in her inventory. I have no idea if her inventory resets and gets rid of old stuff but definitely buy her entire stock before you adopt her or else she can't/won't accept any gifts.

And I don't know what their max carrying capacity is. The only advice I can offer is don't go crazy with the gift giving.
#3Nepharen(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2012 4:47:43 AM
LordTrinen posted...
One time when I adopted Sofie she had 300 baskets in her inventory. I have no idea if her inventory resets and gets rid of old stuff but definitely buy her entire stock before you adopt her or else she can't/won't accept any gifts.

And I don't know what their max carrying capacity is. The only advice I can offer is don't go crazy with the gift giving.

Thank you for the post. I'm almost certain she retains whatever inventory she has when you adopt her but not sure if she'll restock once adopted. I'm thinking she won't since the dialogue changes to generic adopted child. I'll post some info when I have the time to do some testing, maybe by Monday....
#4Nepharen(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2012 12:15:41 PM
Alright, a couple things I noticed. Once a child is adopted their inventory doesn't behave the same as others. You can give as much as you like to them, it does reset almost immediately. I gave Lucia 30 ebony daggers, this caused the remainder of the daggers to grey out but other items such as dolls and clothes were still options. After giving her one of the other items her inventory reset and she would accept more ebony daggers as well as everything else I had in my inventory.

Secondly, Sofie's inventory doesn't appear to reset after she is adopted; so if you clear her inventory before you adopt her you should have no more troubles with her for gift giving. Tested by waiting 10 days in riften then returning home in Heljarchen. This may not hold true indefinitely, I may not have waited long enough for her stock of baskets to reach the point of encumberance... take it how you will.