Things Oblivion does better.

#1Ki_cat_Posted 11/11/2012 7:57:51 PM
Let's revive this topic with some more opinions!

-I liked how when you talk to someone it zooms in on their face and time sort of freezes behind them. It's very annoying how in Skyrim, time isn't frozen. Sure, it's not very "realistic" but the other NPCs don't shut up. It's hard to listen to the story dialogue when someone keeps making smartass remarks about me going to the Cloud District. All I'm saying is that the audio gets kind of blended together, making it hard to listen. Oh and being stopped by random events in the middle of a dragon fight and be frustrating too, especially since if you reload it'll play the same script.

-I liked carrying around the alchemy tools. Sure, I never *needed* to make a potion on the fly but it's nice to just brew some if a dungeon was being difficult.

-The guards had their own charm for me. Skyrim guards only spawned a meme but they don't really stand out.

-Oblivion had worse gameplay elements but it gave you more genuine discoveries. A lot of what *you* can discover wasn't related to a quest.

-I liked all the separate pieces of armour.

-Spellcrafting had so much more potential.

I'll let you talk about what you liked better. Skyrim is a better game but it lacks charm for me.
---
People are afraid of what they don't understand.
#2darkportal785Posted 11/11/2012 7:58:42 PM
tl;dr

But Jyggalag. Oblivion did Jyggalag waaaaay better than Skyrim.
---
You'll never un-think it, Konny!
#3MC2011Posted 11/11/2012 8:00:45 PM
- Graphics
- Attributes
- Combat
- Enemies
- Loot
- Landscape

>_>

<_<
---
May God have mercy on your soul... - The Preacher
Because I sure as hell won't. - The Gunslinger
#4metalsamuraiPosted 11/11/2012 8:02:44 PM
Enemy variety.

Soundtrack (slightly, still love Skyrim's)

Quest rewards.

End of my list.
---
"We should be taught not to wait for inspiration to start a thing. Action always generates inspiration. Inspiration seldom generates action."
#5Ki_cat_(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2012 8:03:07 PM
Can't read a paragraph? :p

I also liked Oblivion's enemy variety. You often just see more of the same dudes in Skyrim.
---
#6BardockpwnsjooPosted 11/11/2012 8:05:26 PM
Oblivion and Skyrim are both great games and each have their own sets of pros and cons. I own Oblivion on PC and have had the great fortune of fantastic mods that keep it fresh and fun. While I own Skyrim on 360 and have no access to mods, it is still a great game.

Can we now end this constant fighting over which is better?
---
So, if you put an Oriental guy in a bowl, and spin it around, does he become disOriented?
#7Ki_cat_(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2012 8:08:45 PM
No one's saying one is better just certain aspects are more enjoyable.
---
#8lorddrago88Posted 11/11/2012 8:10:34 PM
MC2011 posted...
- Graphics
- Attributes
- Combat
- Enemies

- Loot
- Landscape

>_>

<_<

What?
---
~GT DragoFireheart
#9M4nnimalPosted 11/11/2012 8:12:17 PM
Beggars
---
"God is an ever-receding pocket of scientific ignorance"
#10shino0regicePosted 11/11/2012 8:25:24 PM
hand to hand...
---
next time you rob a store make sure the person in there is not a 5 degree black belt.(my x-box live = megadeth9715) pokemon black FC: 1592 6406 7208 Chick