Things Oblivion does better.

#21Ajd_KingPosted 11/11/2012 10:59:45 PM(edited)
IamI3rian posted...
Ajd_King posted...
-- More cities (although worse).

My......... well I'm a jerk. = )

Go ahead and layout for me please what makes (oh I dunno) Bruma, Anvil, or Skiingraad better than any particular (walled) city in Skyrim...

Then (oh... yeah... sometimes I'm a jerk too)... THEN I want you to name a single ruler who's not "count Skingrad" without looking it up.

Youu'll be the only one who knows, but you'll know. That's enough for me. I've got enough time in Oblivion to be able to name one. Can I? No.

Point Red team.

What are you even talking about, you crazy drunk cyclops?
---
Ajd of House Ajdatheon, the First of his Name, King of the Posters and the Lurkers and the Troll Men, Lord of the Seven Platforms and Protector of the Forum.
#22IamI3rianPosted 11/11/2012 11:02:38 PM
Ki_cat_ posted...
Yeah, Morrowind was more of a "DnD" inspired RPG like Baulder's Gate and a lot of others in that era. We're evolving into a more action based RPG now. Gamers these days simply don't want to actually invest time in their games. Hence why something like Monster Hunter is rather niche in NA.

Morrowind was like......

People who say that, have never played D&D. The first edition.

I like you ((though Ajd's a hommie) but honestly.... the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, .3.5th, and 4th edition D&D rule set asswhooping I'd give you, isn't worth the modding.

Especially when that wasn't your point. I might be spittin mad right now, but I'm not an idiot.

That said, your "point" is totally valid and right. Single player "MMO'S" are just not happening.

Yet anyway.

This is where i'd put a smiley normally. Just a heads up.
---
I can't remember being this angry.
............................EVER............................
#23IamI3rianPosted 11/11/2012 11:04:45 PM
darkportal785 posted...
Might want to edit out "idiot" before you get modded brah.

I <3 you lookin out for me.
---
#24IamI3rianPosted 11/11/2012 11:11:32 PM(edited)
Beat to it. = /
---

P.S. It's funny.... doesn't matter who/how many I help... someone is always gonna hate.

P.P.S. Must not like me. Gotta hurt you on the inside how glowingly, blindingly, nobly, bodily healthy and good I am for the community.

Take your zero Karma loss, and raise yourself a post. I'll forgive you, as I happily eat my Halloween candy. I promise.

Eat a balls lurker
#25IamI3rianPosted 11/11/2012 11:07:13 PM
IamI3rian posted...
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]

First, 1) Duh.

So, we've got that. He's right, we all know it, but there's nothing really more to say about it. From experience (hearing problem) I can tell you that the subtitles "skip" just like the dialogue. A non-issue for most of you, but it's still there. There's no way around the jumbled dialogue.

2) Ki... you're a <insert etc... here>.

3) Skyrim's guards will be more famous than "stop right there crimiinal scum."

What's better? I dunno. More famous? Please.
---
#26KabtheMentatPosted 11/11/2012 11:09:05 PM
- Graphics
- Attributes
- Combat
- Enemies
- Loot
- Landscape

>_>

<_<

I hope you're joking.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
http://thesocialrev.com/forum/index.php
#27clone11Posted 11/11/2012 11:10:39 PM
Dark Brotherhood.
Mage's Guild.
Enemy variety
Skills and classes. I liked major and minor skills. I liked that I could only level using major skills. Unfortunately, the awful way leveling attributes worked kind of ruined that. I wouldn't say Oblivion does it better than Skyrim, it just does it in a way I kind of prefer.
Oblivion had a bit of a better sense of humor.

Other than that though, Skyrim pretty much wins.
---
"You persist too long after your own defeat. Come then, warrior. Have your resolution."
#28IamI3rianPosted 11/11/2012 11:13:25 PM
Best way I can ever say it, Skyrim put on it's serious face, and "lost."
---
#29Ki_cat_(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2012 11:58:29 PM(edited)
How dare I have an opinion! My internet license is revoked now...Mods can see edited posts anyways, soda drinker.

MMOs and "DnD" inspired RPGs are completely different. I should not need to explain this but I will.

Let's take Morrowind for a relative example. Like the 2 installments before it, a lot of the mechanics (mainly combat) worked on a chance system despite the game being 3D. Almost everything had chance as a factor (until you had your skills high enough).

Your character wasn't given much of an identity either. Oblivion and Skyrim set you up to be this big hero/errand boy. Morrowind let's you be who you want. The main quest can be completely missed if you choose so. Oblivion/Skyrim draw more attention to the "be a hero!".

My main point was that the gameplay borrows a dice-roll system, probably inspired from DnD since that's what everyone loved in that era.

Comparing a video game to DnD is a stretch but comparing a deep open world game to an MMO is an even farther one. Besides, I said "inspired", hardly comparing.

MMOs are generally just very basic grindfests with awesome skills to play around with. Once you play one, you've played them all.
---
People are afraid of what they don't understand.
#30turn_basedPosted 11/12/2012 12:00:12 AM
Morrowind reigns, Oblivion trips and Skyrim drops the ball!

---
Redguards Rule!