Things Oblivion does better.

#31Erroneous_SnakePosted 11/11/2012 11:01:37 PM
I'm a huge cynic and I expect nothing but the greatest from a company, if there is any improvement they didn't think of or cut corners around I'll be the first to call them out. There are only two things that I would call perfect in skyrim and by perfect I mean I can't come up with a sensible improvement or even a complaint, and I always come up with a complaint!

The landscape/ map/variety and design is perfect. The guards, including dialogue variety, is perfect. This is beyond discussion or debate, this is fact. I will tolerate no criticism over either of these topics.

Although I will let you guys whine that all the worlds NCPs don't recognize your in game status. Dirge still threatens the guild master, my housecarls still ask me if I'm lost when I enter my own damn house etc.
---
This message has been brought to you from my Galaxy Nexus
#32Floated_BomberPosted 11/11/2012 11:19:42 PM
arena
#33DarkGam3rPosted 11/11/2012 11:26:37 PM
Immersiveness.

I felt more drawn into Oblivions two regions (Imperial Provice and Oblivion, itself) than in Skyrim.

Most specifically when I first went and looked at Frostcrag Spire. Seeing it's silhouette in the distance and reaching the top of it, staring off into the vast mountains of the border between Skyrim and Cyrodill...it seemed so real...

In the Oblivion planes, I felt lost, hopeless, alone, and helpless as I was bombarded by traps, strong monsters, and eerie sights.

I never feel those in Skyrim. In Skyrim, I only feel a sense of joy as I land cinematic hits on everything that stands in front of me,
---
"I'm no hero."
#34IamI3rianPosted 11/11/2012 11:31:22 PM
INFRARED PYTHON posted...
1) The guards, including dialogue variety, is perfect. This is beyond discussion or debate, this is fact. I will tolerate no criticism over either of these topics.

2) Although I will let you guys whine that all the worlds NCPs don't recognize your in game status. Dirge still threatens the guild master, my housecarls still ask me if I'm lost when I enter my own damn house etc.

OK... FIRST... INFRA, I remember you from a while back, though not enough to claim I know you at all. Name recognition. That's all.

Then, we get to what you said.

1) OK fine flawless... no argument here, since ambient dialogue is ambient.

2) except for that part?

Again doesn't bother me, but I could use that logic to construct an argument for anything.

Welcome back, and apologies for non "recognition" even though I'm the only one who has any clue who you are. = D

P.S. You're wrong. Or right. I think.... really?
---
I can't remember being this angry.
............................EVER............................
#35hailthornPosted 11/11/2012 11:49:17 PM
-I liked how when you talk to someone it zooms in on their face and time sort of freezes behind them. It's very annoying how in Skyrim, time isn't frozen. Sure, it's not very "realistic" but the other NPCs don't shut up. It's hard to listen to the story dialogue when someone keeps making smartass remarks about me going to the Cloud District.

So true. True times infinity. I hate that guy. He's getting as annoying as the Talos preacher in Whiterun.
---
Be warned: All of my opinions are wrong.
#36TehTrumpCardPosted 11/11/2012 11:52:12 PM
-More Armor

-Spellcrafting

-Exploration

-Sprint

-Feather Magic

-Inventory Management
---
Stars, have their own beginnings, but their own power results in their destruction.
3DSXL FC: 4640-0379-8455 PSN: TehTrumpCard and ReimuHakure-
#37IamI3rianPosted 11/11/2012 11:59:05 PM
TehTrumpCard posted...
-Sprint

Um...
---
I work hard, but I'm underpaid. I'm tired, and I'm restless.
#38UnbralPosted 11/12/2012 12:13:08 AM
Gameplay. Oblivion still felt like an RPG, with some good customization moments, while Skyrim is and was sold as a GTA clone where you create a character and cast spells, with no complicated RPG mechanics at all.
---
The official Tenkai of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#39IamI3rianPosted 11/12/2012 12:58:06 AM(edited)
Yeah... except that it's 1st person, no guns, not modern society, no cut scenes, no cars, and you gain skills based on exp.

Other than that... GTA clone. You're correct.

Stop eating paint chips, or at least don't let your kids do it.
---
I work hard, but I'm underpaid. I'm tired, and I'm restless.
#40The_Mighty_KELPPosted 11/12/2012 1:05:41 AM
Unbral posted...
Gameplay. Oblivion still felt like an RPG, with some good customization moments, while Skyrim is and was sold as a Fallout 3 clone where you create a character and cast spells, with no complicated RPG mechanics at all.

Fixed for accuracy and additional trolling. (I mean it would have been more trollific if he had said that instead of GTA)
---
Jogurt attacks! Inflicts 1 point of damage on the Goblin. Goblin is defeated! Jogurt gains experience.
...it appears that Jogurt's level has increased to 1.