Things Oblivion does better.

#41shingaidenPosted 11/12/2012 1:24:53 AM
Lol GTA clone. Learn videogames.
#42Iskander72Posted 11/12/2012 6:12:15 AM
Faction quest lines. College of Winterhold and the companions were way too short.

That's really it for me. Skyrim has some major flaws, but it's superior to Oblivion in nearly every way.
#43_Pingu_Posted 11/12/2012 6:53:24 AM
I think the quests and stories were overall better in Oblivion, with the exception of the Main Quest. While the dungeons lacked variety, I liked how many of them there were. In Skyrim if I'm trying to find a nice dungeon to pop into and explore, I struggle to find a decently sized one I haven't already been in. In Oblivion there were absolutely loads I'd never even approached.
---
Be happy and stuff
#44DimeronPosted 11/12/2012 9:35:33 AM
-Items stored in chests are listed alphabetically. Also the ability to sort them by type.
-Bigger cities
-Arena
-Spell making.
#45LockeadonPosted 11/12/2012 9:47:42 AM
i actually dislike that most of the dungeons go on forever, and also that most of them are druagr crypts >> that one dungeon you have to go through to get spellbreaker was like 6 hours. and that combined with carry weight makes for a major pain. although, carry weight was even worse in oblivion. it was one of the main things i hated in that game, up there with the horrible leveling and snore-inducing combat. skyrim on the other hand is actually fun to play. the only fun parts in oblivion were spellcrafting and enchanting a million effects onto things.
---
it seems only i can prevent forest fires O.O i should probably be getting on that...
#46SoulOfFaythPosted 11/12/2012 10:56:53 AM
Quests 'n chests.
---
The mind is like a parachute: it only works when it's open
#47TeXaS_PiEPosted 11/12/2012 11:04:04 AM
More monster variety and fantasy element in Oblivion. Where did all the daedra varieties go? You should be able to summon them at least.

Questlines and factions as well. I actually enjoyed the DB in Oblivion, so much so that I joined it several times. The only guild I joined more than once in Skyrim was the Companions and that was just so I could become a werewolf for Dawnguard.
---
May the Gods keep the wolves in the hills and the women in our beds!
GT-- JoEMaN604
#48WstonefiPosted 11/14/2012 11:38:12 AM
- Spellcrafting.
- Better guild quests, especially the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood.

Um... that's really it, I think.
#49turn_basedPosted 11/14/2012 12:07:13 PM
TeXaS_PiE posted...
More monster variety and fantasy element in Oblivion. Where did all the daedra varieties go? You should be able to summon them at least.

Questlines and factions as well. I actually enjoyed the DB in Oblivion, so much so that I joined it several times. The only guild I joined more than once in Skyrim was the Companions and that was just so I could become a werewolf for Dawnguard.

I dont wanna be the one, but...

Simpled down, streamlined combat options.

Summoning consists of 3 melee and 2 range types with 3 elemental types represented.

Weak melee: familiar
Weak/medium ranged: flaming hot masked chick
Medium melee: frosty the "I get stuck often" snowman
Medium/strong ranged: quezocotl, ixion, zeus, thor machination
Show Stopping melee: DESTROYING YOU HONORS MY LORD!!!

The other beloved daedra didn't fit into the scheme, so Beth killed'em.
"They were an inconvience, it was necessary, it was our right to choose!"

Lame. I miss my daedroth smackin the wisp out of a willow in Oblivion!

Golden Saints. The pinup girls of the Elderscroll Universe!

Bah, dont argue with me that Skyrim is deep or that lore matters anymore. It's pretty, it's fun, just try not to think too much...
---
Redguards Rule!
#50TKDBoy1889Posted 11/14/2012 12:39:10 PM
turn_based posted...
Morrowind reigns, Oblivion trips and Skyrim drops the ball!

Seems this is a common way of thinking. I must be the only one who loves Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim almost equally. Each has their pros and cons over the others.

Even the sacred Morrowind has things I though were improved later on, and Morrowind is just as buggy as Skyrim.