Would you sacrifice Voice Acting in the next elderscrolls game for more content?

#1GG08Posted 11/13/2012 12:59:55 AM
We all know voice acting takes up a looot of space on a disc. In the next elder scrolls game, would you give up voice acting for more content? I'm talking about a lot more content. Like triple the size of skyrim. . . .
---
Praise the sun!!!
#2IamI3rianPosted 11/13/2012 1:00:43 AM
In a heartbeat.
---
Remember: IamI3rian told ya.
I could write a book about what you don't know. --Skeletor
#3SPMcKinneyPosted 11/13/2012 1:03:03 AM
IamI3rian posted...
In a heartbeat.

---
Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur! :: "Today is a good day for someone else to die!"
GT & PSN: SPMcKinney
#4XGeassPosted 11/13/2012 1:05:42 AM
No.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dr8LflK7jik&feature=channel&list=UL
And my life is complete.
#5GG08(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 1:06:05 AM
IamI3rian posted...
In a heartbeat.

---
Praise the sun!!!
#6AlleRacingPosted 11/13/2012 1:09:54 AM
In a heartbeat.

---
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8325/scrunchface2copyfx0.png
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/default/alle5.jpg
#7The_Beer_ScotchPosted 11/13/2012 1:13:23 AM
GG08 posted...
We all know voice acting takes up a looot of space on a disc. In the next elder scrolls game, would you give up voice acting for more content? I'm talking about a lot more content. Like triple the size of skyrim. . . .

Actually no. I wouldn't
---
The road goes ever on and on....
Time to replay ff9 and Grandia... whee
#8jing0000Posted 11/13/2012 1:33:44 AM
After I played skyrim for months I bought Morrowind on steam, one mod later to improve graphics and I like it a lot more then skyrim currently. there is no voice acting there. So I would have to say yes. Voice acting does not matter that much to me if it's replaced by LOTS of content and more role playing elements. (which I think is why I like Morrowind better, it feels more like an oldschool RPG. Skyrim feels like a lot of action slasher has been mixed in. to each their own)

*at first I thought it was nostalgia...but been playing it since skyrims release right next to skyrim..together they are both my most played games. Morrowind and Skyrim combined about 600-800 hours. All together..keep in mind I've had morrowind before on CD form and i'm counting those hours.*
---
none
#9Storm_WalkerPosted 11/13/2012 2:05:53 AM
Perhaps, I always have subtitles on and it's irritating when the NPCs talk all the time, especially when you try to talk to them and they don't actually have anything to say.
---
"I'm feelin' peachy keen, so f%@& you, and thanks for asking ^/.^"
#10The_Real_TurnipPosted 11/13/2012 2:26:47 AM
IamI3rian posted...
In a heartbeat.

QFT.

It's annoying to hear the same voice 400 times from different NPCs. Until someone perfects procedural voice generation (which would allow near infinite spoken dialogue for almost no disc space), I'm happy to read. I usually run subtitles for most games anyway, since I can only play at night and sound effects are usually too high and voice is usually too low. Most of my favourite games have no voice acting anyway.