Would you sacrifice Voice Acting in the next elderscrolls game for more content?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Would you sacrifice Voice Acting in the next elderscrolls game for more content?
3 years ago#1
We all know voice acting takes up a looot of space on a disc. In the next elder scrolls game, would you give up voice acting for more content? I'm talking about a lot more content. Like triple the size of skyrim. . . .
---
Praise the sun!!!
3 years ago#2
In a heartbeat.
---
Remember: IamI3rian told ya.
I could write a book about what you don't know. --Skeletor
3 years ago#3
IamI3rian posted...
In a heartbeat.

---
Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur! :: "Today is a good day for someone else to die!"
GT & PSN: SPMcKinney
3 years ago#4
No.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dr8LflK7jik&feature=channel&list=UL
And my life is complete.
3 years ago#5
IamI3rian posted...
In a heartbeat.

---
Praise the sun!!!
3 years ago#6
In a heartbeat.

---
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8325/scrunchface2copyfx0.png
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/default/alle5.jpg
3 years ago#7
GG08 posted...
We all know voice acting takes up a looot of space on a disc. In the next elder scrolls game, would you give up voice acting for more content? I'm talking about a lot more content. Like triple the size of skyrim. . . .

Actually no. I wouldn't
---
The road goes ever on and on....
Time to replay ff9 and Grandia... whee
3 years ago#8
After I played skyrim for months I bought Morrowind on steam, one mod later to improve graphics and I like it a lot more then skyrim currently. there is no voice acting there. So I would have to say yes. Voice acting does not matter that much to me if it's replaced by LOTS of content and more role playing elements. (which I think is why I like Morrowind better, it feels more like an oldschool RPG. Skyrim feels like a lot of action slasher has been mixed in. to each their own)

*at first I thought it was nostalgia...but been playing it since skyrims release right next to skyrim..together they are both my most played games. Morrowind and Skyrim combined about 600-800 hours. All together..keep in mind I've had morrowind before on CD form and i'm counting those hours.*
---
none
3 years ago#9
Perhaps, I always have subtitles on and it's irritating when the NPCs talk all the time, especially when you try to talk to them and they don't actually have anything to say.
---
"I'm feelin' peachy keen, so f%@& you, and thanks for asking ^/.^"
3 years ago#10
IamI3rian posted...
In a heartbeat.

QFT.

It's annoying to hear the same voice 400 times from different NPCs. Until someone perfects procedural voice generation (which would allow near infinite spoken dialogue for almost no disc space), I'm happy to read. I usually run subtitles for most games anyway, since I can only play at night and sound effects are usually too high and voice is usually too low. Most of my favourite games have no voice acting anyway.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Would you sacrifice Voice Acting in the next elderscrolls game for more content?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived