Did anyone else play Oblivion AFTER Skyrim?

#1N1ghtm4reW0lfPosted 11/19/2012 6:16:30 PM
If so, how the hell did you manage to ever play skyrim again? I've had Oblivion for a little over a year now, I got it in anticipation of skyrim. Anywaay, I never played it because i couldn't get past the graphics. I started it again on Saturday, made a Dunmer thief, and just stole the Elder Scroll. I don't know if I'll ever be satisfied playing skyrim again.

Oh, and one question about Oblivion, if I may. I'm going to make a mage next, but since the magic works on a secondary button like the shouts, WTF and I supposed to put in my hands? I don't want to go sword and shield because I'd feel like a battlemage. So, staff, dagger, or nothing?
#2MythrenderPosted 11/19/2012 6:22:39 PM
Yeah youll notice a lot of mage characters using daggers. Im glad someone else here enjoys Oblivion. Skyrim did do lots better, but Oblivion did a world better on the Thieves guild.
#3Athleticsfan3Posted 11/19/2012 6:23:50 PM
definately, that thieves guild quest line was so awesome, i had so much fun doing it
#4MythrenderPosted 11/19/2012 6:27:47 PM
In Skyrims thieves guild I dont feel like a stealthy cat burglar, or unseen shadow. I feel like a thug on a revenge trip who somehow becomes batman. Oblivion made you feel the part of the dashing rogue, as you formulated plans, and actually had to learn some NPC daily routines to get through a few quests.
#5N1ghtm4reW0lf(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 6:40:58 PM
Mythrender posted...
In Skyrims thieves guild I dont feel like a stealthy cat burglar, or unseen shadow. I feel like a thug on a revenge trip who somehow becomes batman. Oblivion made you feel the part of the dashing rogue, as you formulated plans, and actually had to learn some NPC daily routines to get through a few quests.

Exactly. The only thing i think would have made it better is if you could join the imperial guard in taking down the grey fox. Just for a "righteous" type of character. Are the other guild lines this much better? I'm gonna start the Dark Brotherhood after I deliver the Grey Fox's ring, and I can only assume it's actually stealth related instead of the way it was done ine Skyrim(You could run into dawnstar and kill the miner in broad daylight with almost no repercussions. I could just storm through the Emporer's ship with no problem, etc. Heavy Armor, Greatsword and all.) I just worry that my weapon skills are gonna be too low since I've been going try hard on the Blood Price rule(I killed one imperial guard in the Palace, but other than no deaths[unless the Pale Lady counts]).
#6megATOMOSPosted 11/19/2012 6:41:00 PM
Oblivion just looks so bleh after playing Skyrim
---
http://i.imgur.com/8GzlC.gif
#7MrMRBPosted 11/19/2012 6:46:55 PM
The Dark Botherhood in Oblivion is far better in my opinion (and from what I can gather mostppeople feel the same)

One mission in particular was a whole lot of fun won't spoil anything.

But the Skyrim factions leave a lot to be desired in my opinion.
---
Gamertag: MrMRB
Currently playing: Borderlands 2, Fifa 13
#8obishawnPosted 11/19/2012 6:50:19 PM
megATOMOS posted...

I agree completely, but I gotta say, even playing Oblivion after Skyrim, I still had several moments when I had to stop and with genuine awe, admire the environment.
---
Winter is coming
#9Mick65Posted 11/19/2012 6:55:55 PM
obishawn posted...
megATOMOS posted...

I agree completely, but I gotta say, even playing Oblivion after Skyrim, I still had several moments when I had to stop and with genuine awe, admire the environment.

Looking out over Skingrad from the bridge to the keep in the late afternoon. Haven't thought about that in a year, but yeah.
---
Principally Anthropic
#10Justin2KrelianPosted 11/19/2012 7:12:38 PM(edited)
I played about 20 hours of Oblivion in 2006, but never got into it. I played Skyrim almost a year ago, loved it, and decided to give Oblivion another chance. I appreciate Oblivion so much more now for some reason

And coincidentally, I just finished playing it (as in, I put it away, satisfied with everything I've done) about 15 minutes ago.

EDIT: And no, still not as good as Skyrim, but both are probably in my top 10.