So... Dawnguard*spoilers and spoilees*

#1someclown911Posted 11/19/2012 7:36:30 PM
I got a Microsoft points card as an early christmas gift, thinking about spending it on Dawnguard. Haven't seen many opinions on it here, probably because it's old news. What's our opinion on it?

Please rate on a scale of either 1-10, or horse armor-shivering isles
#2Fate_AssassinPosted 11/19/2012 7:41:41 PM
I give it a 8.5. It adds a lot of new stuff, the summons you can get from it are really good, shouts are good. The weapons are one of the best parts, the one bow, I forget what it is called has one of the fastest draw speeds in the game. Plus depending on how much time you play it will take up a lot of time. I bought it like week after it came out, and I still didn't do everything in it.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/615803-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/62287165 - restored faith in humanity.
1/14/2013, shipment date
#3someclown911(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 7:47:52 PM(edited)
Thanks for the input. At what point would you suggest jumping in? For example, does the content kind of ruin the value of original items in the game?

That bow for example. If I get it early on will that be the only bow I ever use? Sounds almost too badass

Edit: or perhaps, does Dawnguard do a good job of blending content with the original as though it were part of the original release?
#4LockeadonPosted 11/19/2012 7:48:29 PM
you mean the zephyr, but the auriel's bow draws just as fast and does more damage as well, especially against undead. alot of the new weapons and gear are great against undead. especially the dawnguard rune ax. cuts through druagr like they werent even there.
---
be more cereal!
#5Ajd_KingPosted 11/19/2012 7:49:39 PM
Well, I've adopted the colour ranking system someone else suggested, so I'd probably give it a Green.
---
Walt's a scientist, scientists love lasers.
#6someclown911(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 7:52:04 PM
My biggest problem is forcing myself to take the game slow in order to milk the excitement out of it. First time I played, I made the mistake of messing with the smithing skill. Second time, I made the mistake of messing with enchanting

I try to avoid things that get me top tier items too early, you know?
#7someclown911(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 7:53:30 PM
Ajd_King posted...
Well, I've adopted the colour ranking system someone else suggested, so I'd probably give it a Green.

Is it a frequency scale? Red is the lowest and indigo is the highest? So green is like a 5/10 or so?
#8Ajd_KingPosted 11/19/2012 7:54:36 PM
someclown911 posted...
Ajd_King posted...

Is it a frequency scale? Red is the lowest and indigo is the highest? So green is like a 5/10 or so?

I'd give you an X-ray for quick thinking, but a radio wave for actual correctness.
---
Walt's a scientist, scientists love lasers.
#9Fate_AssassinPosted 11/19/2012 7:58:19 PM
It does a good job, it adds a few new locations, and it makes some locations have new things. You can jump into it an time after level 10. Just a word of warning it also adds vampire attacks that can happen in towns, just fast travel to a location near there and wait until the day time. Also the vampire attacks can only happen when you are in the same cell. So if someone says that they can kill every single person in a town when you aren't there they are wrong.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/615803-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/62287165 - restored faith in humanity.
1/14/2013, shipment date
#10someclown911(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 7:59:51 PM
Ajd_King posted...
someclown911 posted...
Ajd_King posted...

I'd give you an X-ray for quick thinking, but a radio wave for actual correctness.

I'm rebelling against the lack of indigo by merging it with violet but still calling it indigo. Because violet is stupid and indigo is awesome

Or do you mean it's not a frequency scale? Is it a green/green? If so I'm totes getting it