So... Dawnguard*spoilers and spoilees*

#11Ajd_KingPosted 11/19/2012 8:01:46 PM
That was a bit of a Pink comment right there.
---
Walt's a scientist, scientists love lasers.
#12WavyNoobSaucePosted 11/19/2012 8:01:59 PM
7/10 if you like vampires and werewolves
4/10 if you don't care about either but just want a couple new weapons and armor
1/10 if you only want it for the story.
---
Thank you BasedGod!
#13someclown911(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 8:03:05 PM
Ajd_King posted...
That was a bit of a Pink comment right there.

F*** pink. Color me confused
#14someclown911(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 8:07:11 PM
WavyNoobSauce posted...
4/10 if you don't care about either but just want a couple new weapons and armor

I kinda like vampires, as long as I'm not trapped in some guys house because the sun will kill me and I can't wait while trespassing

Also do khajiit vampires look cool?
#15WavyNoobSaucePosted 11/19/2012 8:21:15 PM
someclown911 posted...
WavyNoobSauce posted...

I kinda like vampires, as long as I'm not trapped in some guys house because the sun will kill me and I can't wait while trespassing

Nah theres no sun damage in this game, your stats are just lowered when the sun's out.

IMO they look the best as vampires, they look really demonic to me.
---
Thank you BasedGod!
#16LockeadonPosted 11/19/2012 8:23:48 PM
WavyNoobSauce posted...
someclown911 posted...
WavyNoobSauce posted...

Nah theres no sun damage in this game, your stats are just lowered when the sun's out.

IMO they look the best as vampires, they look really demonic to me.

orcs do too lol
---
be more cereal!
#17Goku61394Posted 11/19/2012 8:23:57 PM
Dragonborn comes out in about 2 weeks. Why not wait for it?
---
What is Zapdos? Please don't spoil the game for me cuz I never completed the main quest." halofan9912
Official Charizard of the Pokemon MMM board
#18someclown911(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 8:41:57 PM
Goku61394 posted...
Dragonborn comes out in about 2 weeks. Why not wait for it?

Because I want something to do for 2 weeks while I wait for dragonborn to come out
#19DerejinPosted 11/19/2012 8:54:35 PM
Dawnguard is pretty impressive, in my opinion.

-Adds its own questline
-New gear is always good, especially the artifacts
-Vampire Lord is really enjoyable
-Regular vampires are much more viable
-Crossbows are a great new weapon type
-Being able to alter your character's face is a plus
-New Falmer and Chaurus enemies help add a bit of diversity even to normal Skyrim
-An actually nice follower with character(and an Essential Tag. XD)
-Being able to craft Arrows and Bolts feels like something that should've been in the game already
-Werewolf perks help make Werewolves more viable
-Second chance to become a Werewolf should you cure it once
-Two of the three new shouts are epic

On the downside
-The questline gives you the illusion of choice, though both the Vampire and Dawnguard sides turn out roughly the same with only the rewards being the major difference
-A few glitches, as per Bethesda standard
-The new locations added, while impressive, also do not have maps or fast travel, making them drag much more than they should (I'd be okay without Fast Travel as long as they had maps. >_<)
-Vampires will attack cities sometimes, though this is really cut down if you finish the Dawnguard questline

A few notes, in case you're interested in the DLC:

Do NOT be fooled by the folks who say that vampire assassins killed their favorite shopkeeper and that they had no way to save them, etc. The vampire attacks only start when you get close to the attackers, otherwise they stay quiet. It won't be a surprise outbreak on the other side of the city.

You can't normally be a Vampire Lord and Werewolf at the same time, though you can exploit a glitch to be both. If you're really interested in doing so and you don't want to be spoiled, just finish the Dawnguard questline (you can become a Vampire Lord if you want, it won't break the glitch) and then look up how to become both. Do NOT be a Werewolf already.

Final thoughts? I'd say buy it. Makes the game better in general, even if you don't do the Dawnguard questline. With a game as big as Skyrim, improving the overall experience will make even characters that ignore most of Dawnguard a bit more fun.

And since I should rate it on a 1-10, I'd say 8.5. You're missing out if you don't get it.

(Though from what Dragonborn's promising us, you might wish to save for that, instead. You get to go back to Solstheim(From the Morrowind expansion Bloodmoon), ride dragons, learn new shouts, and there's apparently some stuff to do with Hermeus Mora. Or you could save and get both Dawnguard and Dragonborn. :D )
#20someclown911(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 10:11:59 PM
Thanks for the input, it's downloading right now. I'll be getting dragonborn too, but unfortunately it's not out yet, and my time machine broke again