Useful Info v1.1

#101obishawnPosted 1/5/2013 8:13:49 AM
theonyxphoenix posted...
Rikiaz posted...
theonyxphoenix posted...
Also, any other DLC good equipment obtainable early to be added to the list?

I think Champion's Cudgel fits this as a surefire way to get the Chaos Damage enchantment.

If there is no level limit on that quest then that would be a good one.

I never knew that was part of a quest. I passed by their camp, homeboy attacked me and so I took his pretty hammer. I saw it was named, so I stored it for safe keeping.
---
Winter is coming
#102nathraxhPosted 1/7/2013 3:18:48 PM
I have a question I think might be better here than in a separate topic. It regards the Necromage perk (yup, another one of those).

So, right now, I do not have the Necromage perk, nor am I a vampire. However, I plan to be both in the future. I know that any perks I've already taken will not get the bonus from being taken with both necromage and Vampirism affecting my character once I get both N and V.

What I want to know, however, concerns Dragonborn. If I clear a perk tree using a dragon soul, and then get Necromage and Vampirism, will I then get the bonus to those perks once I re-take them?

Thanks in advance, and sorry if it's a bit confusing.
---
Dwarf shortage.
#103GriffRobertsPosted 1/8/2013 2:38:10 AM
What I want to know, however, concerns Dragonborn. If I clear a perk tree using a dragon soul, and then get Necromage and Vampirism, will I then get the bonus to those perks once I re-take them?

Yes.
---
Sometimes I edit my sig so it continues whatever I was posting about.
#104nathraxhPosted 1/8/2013 8:40:42 AM
Cheers, darling.
---
Dwarf shortage.
#105theonyxphoenix(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 3:28:18 PM
for v 1.3

100% shout cooldown.

1. Create a fortify resoration potion of 500%.

Taken before equipping an Amulet of Talos grants the user 100% fortify shouts. This has to be reapplied any time you remove the necklace. Some quests require you to remove your necklace. This method requires a mid-level knowledge in Enchanting as well as 1-2 perks in Alchemist and 1-2 perks in Enchanter. The more perks used, the faster and fewer cycles that are needed to reach 500%. This otherwise interferes with no quests except to have to reequip your amulet.

2. Stop the Main Quest during Throat of the World.

When instructed by Paarthunax to use your Flame Breath shout on him you can elect to simply walk away. This will reduce all of your cooldown times to 1-2 seconds regardless of the shout or number of words. This doesn't require any perks, equipment and it cannot be removed or lost. However you will not be able to complete the main quest, obtain all of the dragon priest masks, and you will miss out on a few shouts including Call Dragon, Call of Valor, and one word for Storm Call.

3. Stacking Amulets of Talos
Normally you can only wear one necklace or amulet at a time. There is a method using Beast Form and a follower to stack multiple pieces of armor. If you press "A" to speak to a follower while simultaneously pressing "RB" to turn in to a werewolf you will be able to access your "I need to trade some things with you" menu of your follower and equip and stack any number of equipment. In order for you to stack Amulets of Talos you have to have ones that have different names. There are two named amulets allowing you to stack three total.

- One is obtained by speaking to Ondolemar and starting the Search and Seizure misc. quest. You can forego the few gp reward and keep Ogmund's Amulet of Talos.
- The second is obtained during the Compelling Tribute quest. You must side with the Stormcloaks and this will be part of the quest to liberate the Reach. Once you obtain Raerek's Inscribed Amulet of Talos just leave Markarth.

These will be marked as stolen, but since they are quest items, they cannot be dropped or removed from your inventory. When you complete the Season Unending portion of the Main Quest you can turn over Markarth to the Stormcloaks. This will remove the quest tags from the amulets and allow you to drop, store, duplicate, or remove the stolen tags, etc. This will otherwise not inhibit any quests. You will only lose a few GP from Ondolemar but does require you to join the Stormcloaks.

Stack these with a normal Amulet of Talos and with the Blessing of Talos for 80% reduction. With the Dragonborn DLC and using the Dragon Aspect Shout you can reach 100% reduction. A Vampire with the Necromage perk will benefit 25% from each for 100% with the Blessing. You can also consume a purchased fortify restoration potion of low strength (34%). This gives the amulets 80%...100% with the blessing if the potion is consumed prior to equipping the amulets.
---
Testing: V/Necromage/Bend Will; Armor usable with Mage Armor and hidden +25 armor/pc; Augment Ring of Necromancy
#106RikiazPosted 1/13/2013 8:25:37 PM
I think it is worth letting people know that the Ring of Necromancy and Dark Souls conflict in a way that if you have Dark Souls the ring no longer works.
---
In death lays ecstasy, in undeath lays immortality
#107GriffRobertsPosted 1/13/2013 9:06:55 PM
When Necromage says it makes all spells stronger on undead, does that mean just spells specifically meant for undead? Or do my generic Flames and Sparks spells do extra damage to undead, too? For once, a Necromage question that has nothing to do with vampirism.
---
Sometimes I edit my sig so it continues whatever I was posting about.
#108RikiazPosted 1/13/2013 9:29:31 PM
GriffRoberts posted...
When Necromage says it makes all spells stronger on undead, does that mean just spells specifically meant for undead? Or do my generic Flames and Sparks spells do extra damage to undead, too? For once, a Necromage question that has nothing to do with vampirism.

Everything cast on undead.
---
In death lays ecstasy, in undeath lays immortality
#109Nemesis347Posted 1/13/2013 10:58:08 PM
good guide
#110theonyxphoenix(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 5:33:04 PM
Moved from thread for v1.3

theonyxphoenix posted...
So throwing some numbers around from the useful info sticky I realized that with 110% magicka regen and +110 magicka per piece I could build a pretty successful battlemage.

Penitus Oculatus Helmet 110 regen/110 magicka
Circlet 110 regen/110 magicka
Finger 110 magicka (Fortify school)
Chest 150 regen (fortify school 22) - master robes
Neck 110 magicka (fortify school)
Hands 110 magicka
Apprentice Stone 100 regen
Restoration Perks 50 regen

This amounts to around 40/sec regen in combat or 50/sec with the Ring of the Erudite. This is also with only 100 base magicka. (More with Elswyr Fondue)

You can reach 45% cost reduction with 1 enchantment.

Some base cost for spells:
incinerate 298, with 100 skill 175, with perk 87 with enchantment, 47
Grand Healing 254, with 100 skill: 149, with perk 74, with enchant, 40
Dremora Lord 358, with 100 skill: 211, with perk 105, with enchant 57
Pacify 290, with 100 skill 171, with perk 85. with enchant 46

You can do this with 900 health.

---
Testing: V/Necromage/Bend Will; Armor usable with Mage Armor and hidden +25 armor/pc; Augment Ring of Necromancy