Useful Info v1.1

#91rx54Posted 1/1/2013 2:15:11 PM(edited)
Damn.... I swear I saw a youtube video that had something to do with augment perks a couple days ago and that was what happened, I was taking a shot in the dark.
It would be nice if it actually did work :/

So it's basically impossible to increase the damage percentage of the new masks other than the Necromage Perk (I believe that works.... hopefully i'm not wrong again) which only has a 6% increase for a total of 31% instead of 25%.

There is nothing else that will permanently increase any spell damage?
If Necromage doesn't have any effect on the damage output of the masks i'd really like an explanation as to why, I don't understand why it wouldn't be changed.

Does Necromage not have an effect on augmented perks anymore or something?
---
Best of The Worst
#92GriffRobertsPosted 1/1/2013 6:06:00 PM
If Necromage doesn't have any effect on the damage output of the masks i'd really like an explanation as to why, I don't understand why it wouldn't be changed.

Sometimes the magnitudes are set in stone. Hardcoded that way. That's why Necromage doesn't work with the Lover Stone, or Guardian Stones. I'd imagine the Augment perks function just like that, and that the new masks just use the same data as the Augment perks.
---
Sometimes I edit my sig so it continues whatever I was posting about.
#93theonyxphoenix(Topic Creator)Posted 1/1/2013 6:49:12 PM
GriffRoberts posted...

Sometimes the magnitudes are set in stone. Hardcoded that way. That's why Necromage doesn't work with the Lover Stone, or Guardian Stones. I'd imagine the Augment perks function just like that, and that the new masks just use the same data as the Augment perks.

The new masks function very similarly to the way the Augment Perks themselves work. Unfortunately not even Necromage boosts the damage output. After some personal practical testing It does, however, boost the resistance and not the damage. This leads me to believe that the 25% is set in stone.

Still, the 25% stacks a bit differently, especially when you factor in Aspect of Terror since it boosts that damage as well. There are specific numbers floating around here somewhere.
---
Currently testing: V/Necromage/Bend Will, Blessing of the Stag Prince, Augment Ring of Necromancy
#94Akito_KinomotoPosted 1/3/2013 9:18:15 AM
Does Destruction Dual Casting stack with Dual Flurry?
---
I won't forget our promise we made. I close my eyes to make sure
I will move forward, shaking off the surging darkness
#95theonyxphoenix(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2013 1:49:20 PM
Akito_Kinomoto posted...
Does Destruction Dual Casting stack with Dual Flurry?

Dual Casting is for spells, Dual Flurry is for weapons.

I'm not sure what you're asking here.
---
Currently testing: V/Necromage/Bend Will, Blessing of the Stag Prince, Augment Ring of Necromancy
#96theonyxphoenix(Topic Creator)Posted 1/4/2013 12:08:02 PM
Using only x1 fortify restoration potion...

theonyxphoenix posted...
Some quick numbers with minimal fuss.

- Seeker of Sorcery
- Enchanter's Elixir +25%
- +10 From AhzIdal's gear

results in +32% fortify alchemy gear.

- Penitus Helmet
- Circlet
- Bracers
- Ring
- Necklace
- Seeker of Shadow

Create Restoration Potion 172%. Take potion and reequip Alchemy gear and make fortify enchanting potion 88%.

- Enchanting Potion 88%
- Seeker of Sorcery
- Ahzidal's Gear

This also results in Fortify Smithing potions of +353%. With Seeker of Might...That amounts to a +64 bonus to non-perked item smithing and +194 for perked equipment. That is with no Fortify equipment. It will increase perked weapons by +176 and +44 for non perked weapons.

Now if we used the above method to enchant some Fortify Smithing gear 45%. Then you can get awesome numbers: With 5/5

General Tullius' Armor 163
Ahzida'ls Armor to 638
Boots and Gauntlets to 297
Helm to 315

Now these don't show a straight increase. The Armor base of 40 and the Boots and Gauntlets are only base 14 so I haven't done the percentages yet since I don't have the time at the moment.

Now an unperked glass battleaxe went from 36 to 148 and a perked steel sword went from 26 to 469

With General Tullius' Armor at 163, Diadem of the Savant at 12 and Miraak's Boots at 19 that gives 212 armor. 562 with Ebonyflesh and Lord Stone. Now with Fine Armguards and an Amulet you could get a few more points. I'll have to see if these items still provide the +25 hidden armor bonus.
---
#97theonyxphoenix(Topic Creator)Posted 1/4/2013 8:31:37 PM
Also, any other DLC good equipment obtainable early to be added to the list?
---
Testing: V/Necromage/Bend Will; Armor usable with Mage Armor and hidden +25 armor/pc; Augment Ring of Necromancy
#98RikiazPosted 1/5/2013 1:12:16 AM
theonyxphoenix posted...

I think Champion's Cudgel fits this as a surefire way to get the Chaos Damage enchantment.
---
In death lays ecstasy, in undeath lays immortality
#99theonyxphoenix(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2013 6:02:39 AM
Rikiaz posted...
theonyxphoenix posted...

I think Champion's Cudgel fits this as a surefire way to get the Chaos Damage enchantment.

If there is no level limit on that quest then that would be a good one.
---
Testing: V/Necromage/Bend Will; Armor usable with Mage Armor and hidden +25 armor/pc; Augment Ring of Necromancy
#100obishawnPosted 1/5/2013 8:10:49 AM
Rare Apothecary Satchel

Forsaken Cave, White Phial secret chamber
---
Winter is coming