Which Echantments For My "Final" Armor Set?

#11stLoneDragonPosted 11/21/2012 8:11:13 AM
Im finally ready to start enchanting. I can put 2 enchantments on each item, but each type can only go on certain items. So whats the best combo? Where do I find the balance between attack, defense and magic?

Do I want to use fortify school and magicka regen?
For defense, do I use fort light armor or health or health regen or magic resistance?

How much fortify archery to I want if the bow is my main weapon?

Does a character with high enough sneak need to bother with Muffle?

Are there any incredible useful enchantments that Im not even thinking of?
#2TheSkyHasTreesPosted 11/21/2012 8:29:20 AM
Depends on your build.
---
Rawr.
#31stLoneDragon(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2012 8:32:11 AM
I just said archery, light armor, magic, sneak.
#4WhereDidItGoPosted 11/21/2012 8:46:10 AM
I find sneaking does good enough without muffle boots, and since you are using magic you can use the muffle spell anyway when you need to. Generally on boots I just go with fire and frost resistance. Those are the most used elements and will protect against all dragon attacks.

With my stealth/mage characters I don't care about health or physical defense since I never get into physical contact with enemies anyway, so body slot usually gets two school reductions. Good combo for gloves would be bow damage and magicka increase.

The helmet, necklace and ring really depends on your playstyle. You can go with more spell reduction, bow damage or magic resistance, depending on what you want more. Generally I don't want free spells so I don't load up on too much spell reduction, or I at least put different schools on each piece. Bow damage is also a personal preference. I also don't like strong weapons that kill things easily, so usually the boost from my gloves and one more source is enough.
---
"The madman is not the man who has lost his reason. The madman is the man who has lost everything except his reason." - G.K. Chesterton
#5Spinder1Posted 11/21/2012 8:53:41 AM(edited)
Personally, if my main offense is archery or melee, I always go for damage output first and magic resistance second. Some of those high-leveled mages can be absolutely devastating. But keep in mind that the Lord Stone can give you 25% base MR and save you a spot. Fortify Light Armor isn't very useful since it only boosts your skill level, not the % of damage resistance itself. Health is better for increasing your total tanking ability. Whether you want to fortify a magic school depends on which it is and how much you use it. If a bow is your main weapon, I assume that it's not Destruction. Just look over the spells that you're planning to use and how much they cost, then reduce cost as much as you feel is necessary. Be warned that 100% reduction can easily become game-breaking, especially in Illusion (endless Calm and Invisibility/Muffle) or Alteration (endless Paralyze). Sneak is probably the least useful if you plan to invest in perks or have already done so. And if you use Archery for both direct combat and sneak attacks, enchanting Sneak becomes less important still.
---
Let him be king over charred bones and cooked meat. Let him be the king of ashes
#61stLoneDragon(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2012 9:28:41 AM(edited)
Do I need to put all 5 perks in Enchanter or will uber-enchanting potions take up the slack?
#7Nanaya27Posted 11/21/2012 9:14:44 AM
What is your race? Standing Stone? Level? Health, magicka, stamina? Which schools of magic do you use?

I would take 5/5 Enchanter, Enchanting Potions are lackluster. While a potion may say it increases enchantments by 30%, it actually would only be about 16%. For a direct comparison, the strongest Enchanting potion you can possibly make without exploits will increase a Fortify Archery enchantment from 40% to 47%.

There are a number of minor exploits that can allow you to make stronger potions (vampire/necromage, falmer helmet), but none of them will make up for multiple ranks in Enchanter. You would have to use some of the more ridiculous exploits to do that.
#8WhereDidItGoPosted 11/21/2012 9:21:38 AM
Nanaya27 posted...
What is your race? Standing Stone? Level? Health, magicka, stamina? Which schools of magic do you use?

I would take 5/5 Enchanter, Enchanting Potions are lackluster. While a potion may say it increases enchantments by 30%, it actually would only be about 16%. For a direct comparison, the strongest Enchanting potion you can possibly make without exploits will increase a Fortify Archery enchantment from 40% to 47%.

There are a number of minor exploits that can allow you to make stronger potions (vampire/necromage, falmer helmet), but none of them will make up for multiple ranks in Enchanter. You would have to use some of the more ridiculous exploits to do that.

Yeah, definitely take 5/5 enchanter if you are serious about enchanting. Don't quote me on this because I don't know for certain, but I think all the enchanting potions do is increase your enchanting skill itself by the percentage, not the enchantment itself. I've notice that when I take one, my enchanting skill will be higher than 100 based on the percentage of the potion. That's why the enchantment boost you get doesn't reflect the percentage of the potion.
---
"The madman is not the man who has lost his reason. The madman is the man who has lost everything except his reason." - G.K. Chesterton
#91stLoneDragon(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2012 10:00:45 AM
High elf lvl 68 420/350/250 Lord Stone
mostly alteration, restoration, illusion(invisibility, muffle)
Is conjuration useful to a sniper?
#101stLoneDragon(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2012 10:31:59 AM
Ok, I dont get this. Im wearing 4 +Alchemy equipments, but only 3 Alchemy bonuses are listed in Active Effects. And it says 2 of them are from my ring...