Does the MQ prove Ulfric is a true hero? (Main Quest spoilers)

#31WvethPosted 11/23/2012 5:25:12 PM
Considering Ulfric is in Sovngarde and could at any moment have his soul devoured, I don't think he's trying to say "Gosh darn I should've planned that war better."

What he's saying is "We were fools to fight at all and ignore the threat of Alduin, because our war just gave him thousands more souls to feast on."

He's not trying to say the Imperials are wrong or the Stormcloaks are wrong. He's saying the fighting itself was short-sighted as long as Alduin was a threat.
---
Wveth!
#32M4nnimalPosted 11/23/2012 5:26:19 PM
Well, Torygg was in Sovngarde as well, so it doesn't really prove much.
---
"God is an ever-receding pocket of scientific ignorance"
#33darkportal785Posted 11/23/2012 5:26:33 PM
zerobobo posted...
RebelElite791 posted...
As i said, i posted it TO PROVIDE more context.

so saying something to imply something else, while giving absolutely no context to the reasons for the statement, is providing context? seems like it'd be warping it with unclear information.

if you're going to bring up a quote like that, you have to say WHY he says it otherwise you're not providing any context at all.
you seem to be a smart guy, you should know that.

Now he's trying to reflect and cover himself.

RebelElite791 posted...
He tells you in Sovngarde that his rebellion was shortsighted and foolish

What part of this is implying anything? Rebel is adding to the conversation by providing something that Ulfric himself said. Notice Rebel isn't saying whether he thinks Ulfric is a hero or not? Or did that fly over your head while you were trying to belittle someone? That is why we are "ganging up on you", because you made yourself (once again) look like an ass by taking what Rebel posted out of context and trying to start an argument.
---
"What would I do for a Klondike Bar? I'd nude-model for Celestia. Yeah. I'm serious."
#34Offworlder1Posted 11/23/2012 5:39:12 PM
Ulfric is not a true hero as he is very racist to anything not Nord, they even show this many times in Windhelm that he is all up in arms when its a Nord problem but lets any other race deal with it on their without lifting a finger to help them. What kind of "hero" forces the Dunmer to live in the slums, banishes Argonians to live outside in the outskirts of Windhelm, and refuses to send aid of any kind to the Khajiit caravans or any non Nord town raided by bandits ?!

He might be a "hero" to the Nords but to everyone else he is a prejudiced tool who doesn't care about any other race. I remember a few figures from real history similar to him, we call them tyrants.
---
"Always two there are, a master and an apprentice"
#35The_Beer_ScotchPosted 11/23/2012 6:15:39 PM
strifechug2 posted...
The_Beer_Scotch posted...
PR_Fiasco posted...
Any Nord that fights with valor goes to Sovngarde.

False. Alvor piledrivered a master vampire. He died soon later boxing with a dragon.

He was not in sovengarde :(

That is not all of Sovngarde, don't you think a small mead hall like that could accommodate all the Nords dying everyday?

Yes.

(The fact that you thought I was being serious makes me smile)
---
The road goes ever on and on....
Time to replay ff9 and Grandia... whee
#36metalsamuraiPosted 11/23/2012 7:31:09 PM
PR_Fiasco posted...
Any Nord that fights with valor goes to Sovngarde.

False. Alvor piledrivered a master vampire. He died soon later boxing with a dragon.

He was not in sovengarde :(

Maybe he was in the secret basement?
---
"We should be taught not to wait for inspiration to start a thing. Action always generates inspiration. Inspiration seldom generates action."
#37TeXaS_PiEPosted 11/23/2012 8:10:07 PM
I'm a lurker and I love you, Dark.

AND EVERYONE ELSE THAT ISN'T TOOLTASTIC ON THIS BOARD!!!

:D
---
May the Gods keep the wolves in the hills and the women in our beds!
GT-- JoEMaN604
#38darkportal785Posted 11/23/2012 8:25:37 PM
TeXaS_PiE posted...

I love you too.
---
"What would I do for a Klondike Bar? I'd nude-model for Celestia. Yeah. I'm serious."
#39The_Beer_ScotchPosted 11/23/2012 8:32:46 PM
darkportal785 posted...
TeXaS_PiE posted...

I love you too.

Olive juice.
---
The road goes ever on and on....
Time to replay ff9 and Grandia... whee
#40darkportal785Posted 11/23/2012 8:34:58 PM
darkportal785 posted...
TeXaS_PiE posted...

I love you too.

Olive juice.

Olive juice you too.

Maybe.
---