This game would be infinitely better with simple co-op.

#11VegaB0ndPosted 11/24/2012 9:09:24 AM
I agree with TC. Then my friend could be the distracting powerful tank and i pick off people with arrows. I've imagined many different scenarios if Skyrim had coop, and all of them were awesome.
---
GT: B0kk
ShrX - SharKrew - "We're not a clan, we're a family. No, seriously, we're related."
#12gunsndrosesPosted 11/24/2012 9:29:26 AM
The whole "there can't be two Dragonborn" argument is invalid, especially with the upcoming release of Dragonborn, whereas there is indeed another Dragonborn.

I have always been torn on this issue.

On one hand, adding co-op in would mean that Bethesda needs to take away resources from the development of singleplayer, which, at TES games' hearts, is the most important thing. There's no way around it- even devs like Bethesda have budgets, so simply building up both wouldn't cut it. To simplify, adding co-op would mean a **** single-player.

On the other hand, this game does have incredible potential with co-op. I agree, I have never been one of those "every game needs multiplayer" weirdoes. In fact, their mindsets appall me. But every time I'm online with my friends playing Skyrim, I always just imagine how amazing it would be exploring the lands with them. The best fun I've had out of video games in the past couple of years have been from multiplayer experiences... like Borderlands (1+2), Dead Island, Madden, FIFA, CoD, Halo, etc.
---
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
#13BoneKollectorPosted 11/24/2012 9:33:28 AM
I wouldn't care to see it in Skyrim.
---
If You're 5 5 5
Then I'm 6 6 6
#14ProjectX26Posted 11/24/2012 9:36:37 AM
Because I'm a level 81 super soldier with a sword that does a glitched amount of damage and my friend is a level 14 mage who's magic would do next to nothing against anything in my game.
---
Never trust a Jabuticaba. Nasty little buggers.
#15TyrannosaurusPosted 11/24/2012 9:39:52 AM
I like the idea of taking control of a follower.
---
Read my posts as if I'm SHOUTING THEM
Because I am a ****ing TYRANNOSAURUS
#16Perma-n00bPosted 11/24/2012 10:02:45 AM
Playing video games with others isn't always fun..... I'm not sure why people think it is. Ur dumb.
#17CRK44Posted 11/24/2012 10:09:16 AM
Highpitchsolo posted...
I'm not talking multiplayer battle modes and crap like that, but just simply being able to join your friends game and play co-op story mode.. I am NOT one of those people who say "every game should have multiplayer", it's just not true. But a simple co-op option in Skyrim would be so much fun.. I know it would have flaws, if you were under-leveled everything would be impossible to kill, and of course if you had mods on PC, the other players game would have to have the same mods.. I'm not here to talk details though..

I just wish I could run amok with my friends online. Once you both get max level, it would be amazing..

agree. whats not to like? It would make the game last even longer than it already does and if it wasn't made an essential aspect of game-play, why do you guys insist on NOT having it in-game?
---
Jarl Ballin'
#18XydruPosted 11/24/2012 10:20:35 AM
gunsndroses posted...
The whole "there can't be two Dragonborn" argument is invalid, especially with the upcoming release of Dragonborn, whereas there is indeed another Dragonborn.

No, it's still valid. You are the Last Dragonborn, he was the First. There isn't a new Dragonborn, just a really, really old one from before your time.
---
Sorry baby, I was off being a swan for Leda. She loves that kinky stuff.
#19drakonaPosted 11/24/2012 10:43:03 AM
Xydru posted...
gunsndroses posted...

No, it's still valid. You are the Last Dragonborn, he was the First. There isn't a new Dragonborn, just a really, really old one from before your time.

you are the only one revealed thus far, even the greybeards say that. It is never mentioned that you are the last. Its also mentioned that alduin will be back most likely to complete his prophecy so chances are there will be more dragonborns.
---
GT: Inferno Rage89
this is an A and B conversation so C your way out before D jumps over E and F's you up G
#20Evil_SquidwardPosted 11/24/2012 10:48:28 AM
Honestly, I'd love to be able to explore with my friends. It would make for some great experiences, if done right.

I don't see the point in the argument of "This game doesn't need multiplayer."

Does it NEED it to be good? Of course not.

But, could the game benefit from a co-op experience? Definitely.
---
Gamertag: Marshalldilpkle -------- http://z-man-ga.deviantart.com/
http://samgreenmedia.com/zombie-dance.gif