This game would be infinitely better with simple co-op.

#21gren-aidPosted 11/24/2012 9:50:43 AM
A Co-op mode would be cool, but I don't see how it would work. As a mage, I'm always going into my favorites menu to swap spells. If the game paused everytime someone went into the menu, it would get annoying for the other person.
#22MixorzPosted 11/24/2012 9:51:27 AM
You know how many griefers there would be? Yeah let me join your game, kill everyone in whiterun and leave.
---
They'll always need men like us. Those who are willing to do what others cannot.
XBox Live GT: Mixorz
#23revan292Posted 11/24/2012 9:52:41 AM
It's funny how people piss and moan when someone says that they want Co op in the game.

It's like people are paranoid and afraid that they will be forced to play co op.

It's pretty simple, if you don't want to play co op for whatever reason then don't.
But the people who wan't it as an option would appreciate having it.

Yet all the trolls will come from miles to piss and moan anyway... how pathetic ^^
---
"The World is a Suicide Club"
#24Iskander72Posted 11/24/2012 9:54:11 AM
Sigh. Not every game needs coop and multiplayer. Kids.
#25pacpuf7249Posted 11/24/2012 10:03:07 AM
not online coop, splitscreen coop is the right answer
---
Cool Smash is an action movie in where Matrix-and-X-Men-like characters fight in the warehouse that appeared in the first episode of Falling Skies.
#26DraykonPosted 11/24/2012 10:05:01 AM
I doubt the 360 could handle processing two people in the same game, unless they are within close proximity. If you have one player doing something by say Rifton, and another guy by say Markarth, then the game would need to process what is happening at both areas at the same time, instead of gradually load the world and its creatures as you are approaching an area.

Plus at the end of the day, this game doesn't need co-op. For the resources it would require, it wouldn't add anything great.
---
"So...yeah....and stay dead." - Raven from Tales of Vesperia
(PSN: TheDraykon GT: Draykon)
#27PPPPLAASSUMAPosted 11/24/2012 10:14:10 AM
If there were co op, this wouldn't be the game it is today and would have turned out very differently. They can't just chuck co op into it as it is now either. So when people say they want or there should have been MP, they don't realize it but they are asking for a completely different game.

Besides, co op in Skyrim wouldn't be like Borderlands (quick and streamlined). Skyrim co op would be f***ing boring as all hell.

THIS is what Skyrim MP would be like as the game is today:

*sits and listens to buddy talk to some guy and exhaust all options*
*sits through buddy smithing 200 leather bracers, enchanting them, and selling them*
*sits through a dungeon of easy draugr and your buddy kills everything befor eyou can even reach it because there's just not ewnough going on for two people*
*OOPS! your buddy chose the wrong quest reward! gotta reload and you lost that Ebony Bow of Paralysis you found and never have it again*
*Your BUDDY is the one and only Dragonborn, not you, and you cannot shout.*
*The difference between you and your buddies playing styles leads to a disparity in level and he is 20 levels higher than you*
*Game ends up being boring for one of you either way*

Etc, etc. Like I said, as the game is now, MP would just suck ass. To make it better, they'd have to change the game to the point where it isn't even Skyrim anymore.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtxCr5ju2EE&feature=related - If you played Mystical Ninja 64, you need to click this.
#28lil55dudePosted 11/24/2012 10:17:42 AM(edited)
Draykon posted...
I doubt the 360 could handle processing two people in the same game, unless they are within close proximity. If you have one player doing something by say Rifton, and another guy by say Markarth, then the game would need to process what is happening at both areas at the same time, instead of gradually load the world and its creatures as you are approaching an area.

Plus at the end of the day, this game doesn't need co-op. For the resources it would require, it wouldn't add anything great.

This is why people are saying you would take control of a follower. You host the game you play as your char. Your friend joins the game he plays as Faleion or whatever his name is. I'm not a big player of online or multi player games at all either but this is very interesting.
It wouldn't need to take time away from single player development either if they added it as a simple dlc for those who wanted it. I'm intrigued by the idea personally, and I wasn't before the game came out with all the influx of multiplayer topics.
---
"When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion"
#29ArgentumVirPosted 11/24/2012 10:21:05 AM
I've always stuck to my guns that the Fallout games and Elder Scrolls games would be twice as awesome with drop in Co-Op.
---
Check my FictionPress: http://www.fictionpress.com/u/882728/
I love Rias Gremory.
#30OsteoporozisPosted 11/24/2012 10:21:21 AM
I'd question the actual worth of such a thing. It might be fun, for a short period of time, but how long could you honestly enjoy it? Skyrim (Elder Scrolls) is a single player game with no real use for a second person. It also tears apart anything referring to you as "the" singular dragonborn, arch mage of winterhold, et cetera.
---
Never heard a man speak like this man before.