This game would be infinitely better with simple co-op.

#31lil55dudePosted 11/24/2012 11:21:48 AM
PPPPLAASSUMA posted...
If there were co op, this wouldn't be the game it is today and would have turned out very differently. They can't just chuck co op into it as it is now either. So when people say they want or there should have been MP, they don't realize it but they are asking for a completely different game.

Besides, co op in Skyrim wouldn't be like Borderlands (quick and streamlined). Skyrim co op would be f***ing boring as all hell.

THIS is what Skyrim MP would be like as the game is today:

*sits and listens to buddy talk to some guy and exhaust all options*
*sits through buddy smithing 200 leather bracers, enchanting them, and selling them*
*sits through a dungeon of easy draugr and your buddy kills everything befor eyou can even reach it because there's just not ewnough going on for two people*
*OOPS! your buddy chose the wrong quest reward! gotta reload and you lost that Ebony Bow of Paralysis you found and never have it again*
*Your BUDDY is the one and only Dragonborn, not you, and you cannot shout.*
*The difference between you and your buddies playing styles leads to a disparity in level and he is 20 levels higher than you*
*Game ends up being boring for one of you either way*

Etc, etc. Like I said, as the game is now, MP would just suck ass. To make it better, they'd have to change the game to the point where it isn't even Skyrim anymore.

Maybe you wouldn't enjoy it. But that doesn't mean it would suck. There are clearly people who would embrace this. Dungeon isn't hard enough turn the difficulty up.

Maybe neither of you play as the dragon born in Co op. Maybe your just 2 adventurers. 2 of the followers meet up and go dungeon diving. You may not like it but that doesn't mean others wouldn't.
---
"When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion"
#32Billy-De-KidPosted 11/24/2012 11:28:04 AM
There CAN be more than 1 dragonborn. The Grey Beards revealed that already!!!
---
Not changing this sig until someone makes a Freddy Krueger VS Predator movie.
#33darkportal785Posted 11/24/2012 11:31:42 AM
drakona posted...
Xydru posted...
gunsndroses posted...
The whole "there can't be two Dragonborn" argument is invalid, especially with the upcoming release of Dragonborn, whereas there is indeed another Dragonborn.

No, it's still valid. You are the Last Dragonborn, he was the First. There isn't a new Dragonborn, just a really, really old one from before your time.

you are the only one revealed thus far, even the greybeards say that. It is never mentioned that you are the last. Its also mentioned that alduin will be back most likely to complete his prophecy so chances are there will be more dragonborns.

You didn't read the Book of the Dragonborn, did you?

When misrule takes its place at the eight corners of the world

When the Brass Tower walks and Time is reshaped

When the thrice-blessed fail and the Red Tower trembles

When the Dragonborn Ruler loses his throne, and the White Tower falls

When the Snow Tower lies sundered, kingless, bleeding

The World-Eater wakes, and the Wheel turns upon the Last Dragonborn.

---
"What would I do for a Klondike Bar? I'd nude-model for Celestia. Yeah. I'm serious."
#34PPPPLAASSUMAPosted 11/24/2012 11:33:58 AM
lil55dude posted...
PPPPLAASSUMA posted...
If there were co op, this wouldn't be the game it is today and would have turned out very differently. They can't just chuck co op into it as it is now either. So when people say they want or there should have been MP, they don't realize it but they are asking for a completely different game.

Besides, co op in Skyrim wouldn't be like Borderlands (quick and streamlined). Skyrim co op would be f***ing boring as all hell.

*sits through buddy smithing 200 leather bracers, enchanting them, and selling them*
*sits through a dungeon of easy draugr and your buddy kills everything befor eyou can even reach it because there's just not ewnough going on for two people*
*OOPS! your buddy chose the wrong quest reward! gotta reload and you lost that Ebony Bow of Paralysis you found and never have it again*
*The difference between you and your buddies playing styles leads to a disparity in level and he is 20 levels higher than you*

Etc, etc. Like I said, as the game is now, MP would just suck ass. To make it better, they'd have to change the game to the point where it isn't even Skyrim anymore.

Maybe you wouldn't enjoy it. But that doesn't mean it would suck. There are clearly people who would embrace this. Dungeon isn't hard enough turn the difficulty up.

Maybe neither of you play as the dragon born in Co op. Maybe your just 2 adventurers. 2 of the followers meet up and go dungeon diving. You may not like it but that doesn't mean others wouldn't.

You completely missed the point of my post. But thankfully your response brings up exactly the point I'm making. There is no "maybe" - if there were no dragonborn and neither of you were DB, it wouldn't be Skyrim. You couldn;t do most of the quests anymore, because most of them are given to you on the pretense that you are dragonborn.

The other point that slipped thrugh was that I was driving home how boring it would be. No developer in their right mind would create something that potentially boring. Like you said, I may not like it..... but..... well.... just about everyone BUT you would hate it. Bad, horrible, horribly bad idea.

My post is talking about literally slapping MP into Skyrim as it is NOW and RIGHT NOW. Not "well you would do it like this and we wouldn't be dragonborns and the game would be like this instead - etc etc etc" <--- that, what you're talking about, IS NOT SKYRIM. It's a non-existent version streamlined and designed around MP. This fantasy version does not exist and will never exist.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtxCr5ju2EE&feature=related - If you played Mystical Ninja 64, you need to click this.
#35jzero91Posted 11/24/2012 11:49:43 AM
revan292 posted...
It's funny how people piss and moan when someone says that they want Co op in the game.

It's like people are paranoid and afraid that they will be forced to play co op.

It's pretty simple, if you don't want to play co op for whatever reason then don't.
But the people who wan't it as an option would appreciate having it.

Yet all the trolls will come from miles to piss and moan anyway... how pathetic ^^

This. Saint's Row 2 was quite possibly the best Co-op game I have played. BUT! They still had an option that if you wanted to completely turn Co-op off(or just limit it to only invites) you could. In fact most games that have online co-op have an option to NOT let random people join your game, and yet every time someone talks Co-op all I hear about is how randumbs will join their game and mess it up for them. Then turn it off dummy. Let the rest of us have our fun, you have yours everybody wins! Why is this a problem still?!
---
I am the Magic!
#36VoidBeyondPosted 11/24/2012 12:02:44 PM
I searched to see if there was co-op in the game when it came out last year.

They did have the resources and were thinking about letting it have a simple co-op, but decided against it as they felt it would take away from the feel of the game.
---
You are the child of my makers. Inheritor of all they left behind. You are Forerunner! But this ring... is mine.
#37LifelessBoyPosted 11/24/2012 12:07:44 PM
Iskander72 posted...
Sigh. Not every game needs coop and multiplayer. Kids.

Didn't read the OP. Child.
---
http://bf3stats.com/stats_360/YFAL%20Putipuelko
Don't flame me bro. GT: YFAL Putipuelko
#38TurboReaperPosted 11/24/2012 12:15:41 PM
Ssliasil posted...
Umm...Why wouldnt you want Co-Op in this game?

Someone explain to me how that, in any way, would make this game worse?

There isnt one...never will be, people are just butt hurt for no reason.

"Wouldnt make sense with two Dragonborn!"

Well, the play who hosts the game can be dragonborn and use shouts, while the other replaces the follower and cannot use shouts...makes complete sense to me.

*joins your game*

*kills several vendors*

*leaves without telling you anything*

That's why it'd be bad. By our very nature as human beings, we are jackasses.
---
GT: HiPOJaK
I'm so happy I could just tear out your intestines and strangle you with them! -Sheogorath
#39MinamoPosted 11/24/2012 12:15:58 PM
gunsndroses posted...
The whole "there can't be two Dragonborn" argument is invalid, especially with the upcoming release of Dragonborn, whereas there is indeed another Dragonborn.

I have always been torn on this issue.

On one hand, adding co-op in would mean that Bethesda needs to take away resources from the development of singleplayer, which, at TES games' hearts, is the most important thing. There's no way around it- even devs like Bethesda have budgets, so simply building up both wouldn't cut it. To simplify, adding co-op would mean a **** single-player.

No it wouldn't. Who gave you that obnoxious idea? It might make the game perform worse, but adding co-op never has a negative effect on singleplayer content unless the developer themselves are bad. Look at every single co-op game released before this console generation.
#40lil55dudePosted 11/24/2012 12:22:59 PM(edited)
PPPPLAASSUMA posted...
lil55dude posted...
PPPPLAASSUMA posted...

You completely missed the point of my post. But thankfully your response brings up exactly the point I'm making. There is no "maybe" - if there were no dragonborn and neither of you were DB, it wouldn't be Skyrim. You couldn;t do most of the quests anymore, because most of them are given to you on the pretense that you are dragonborn.

The other point that slipped thrugh was that I was driving home how boring it would be. No developer in their right mind would create something that potentially boring. Like you said, I may not like it..... but..... well.... just about everyone BUT you would hate it. Bad, horrible, horribly bad idea.

My post is talking about literally slapping MP into Skyrim as it is NOW and RIGHT NOW. Not "well you would do it like this and we wouldn't be dragonborns and the game would be like this instead - etc etc etc" <--- that, what you're talking about, IS NOT SKYRIM. It's a non-existent version streamlined and designed around MP. This fantasy version does not exist and will never exist.

Your missing my point as well. Single player Skyrim exists no one is talking about taking the game we all love an completely axing it. I'm saying a dlc that adds a co-op mode completely separate from the single player game. You are still in Skyrim but play as two different people. I used two followers as an example. They add dlc all the time. They change lore all the time. Adding an OPTIONAL dlc that adds a co-op mode. I was saying the characters are different in response to the people saying it wouldn't work if one was an OP DB and the other wasn't. I'm not Saying that's how it should work. That was just an idea.
---
"When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion"