This game would be infinitely better with simple co-op.

#61Squished_MarioPosted 11/24/2012 2:51:32 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#62AlterEgo3561Posted 11/24/2012 2:57:55 PM(edited)
The problem with Skyrim co-op is its a Bethesda game... (don't get me wrong I love their products) but they have enough trouble with bugs and glitches with just single player. God imagine all the additional bugs and problems they would most likely add with the multiplayer. All I can see is a glitch ridden mess that would make New Vegas look like a polished example of game stability.
#63DerejinPosted 11/24/2012 2:56:42 PM
Personally I like the idea of co-op, and I also understand that many of the people who post simple reasons why it wouldn't work didn't think about those reasons.

I would think it would be implemented as an invite system - you're the host, and you invite your friend to join your game. You can't randomly pop in to someone's game.
(either that or splitscreen)
The host is the Last Dragonborn, your buddy doesn't hafta be.
The game starts new and is marked as a co-op file, thus can only be played with your friend.
Real time inventory.
Host can pause, only the host can accept main quests, though buddy can tag along.

..y'know, anyone ever play Baldur's Gate in multiplayer? Something like that.

I'm fine with them focusing down on making the Single Player the best they can.
However, arguments that co-op can NOT work have not been thought out, as the above can attest to.
I understand that Skyrim won't have co-op, and I'm okay with that.
It's a neat idea, however.
#641stLoneDragonPosted 11/24/2012 3:27:52 PM
revan292 posted...
It's funny how people piss and moan when someone says that they want Co op in the game.

It's like people are paranoid and afraid that they will be forced to play co op.

It's pretty simple, if you don't want to play co op for whatever reason then don't.
But the people who wan't it as an option would appreciate having it.

Yet all the trolls will come from miles to piss and moan anyway... how pathetic ^^

^Most valid post in this whole topic
#65KoRiy5000Posted 11/24/2012 3:36:45 PM
1stLoneDragon posted...
revan292 posted...
It's funny how people piss and moan when someone says that they want Co op in the game.

It's like people are paranoid and afraid that they will be forced to play co op.

It's pretty simple, if you don't want to play co op for whatever reason then don't.
But the people who wan't it as an option would appreciate having it.

Yet all the trolls will come from miles to piss and moan anyway... how pathetic ^^

^Most valid post in this whole topic

as im sure its been said a million times but its the time/effort/resources being taken away from the singleplayer experience is what most of us "trolls" have an issue with

but for the record i do like the idea of having a second player control a follower
#66TheOssuaryPosted 11/24/2012 3:45:20 PM
lil55dude posted...
PPPPLAASSUMA posted...
If there were co op, this wouldn't be the game it is today and would have turned out very differently. They can't just chuck co op into it as it is now either. So when people say they want or there should have been MP, they don't realize it but they are asking for a completely different game.

Besides, co op in Skyrim wouldn't be like Borderlands (quick and streamlined). Skyrim co op would be f***ing boring as all hell.

THIS is what Skyrim MP would be like as the game is today:

*sits and listens to buddy talk to some guy and exhaust all options*
*sits through buddy smithing 200 leather bracers, enchanting them, and selling them*
*sits through a dungeon of easy draugr and your buddy kills everything befor eyou can even reach it because there's just not ewnough going on for two people*
*OOPS! your buddy chose the wrong quest reward! gotta reload and you lost that Ebony Bow of Paralysis you found and never have it again*
*Your BUDDY is the one and only Dragonborn, not you, and you cannot shout.*
*The difference between you and your buddies playing styles leads to a disparity in level and he is 20 levels higher than you
*Game ends up being boring for one of you either way*

exactly

Etc, etc. Like I said, as the game is now, MP would just suck ass. To make it better, they'd have to change the game to the point where it isn't even Skyrim anymore.

Maybe you wouldn't enjoy it. But that doesn't mean it would suck. There are clearly people who would embrace this. Dungeon isn't hard enough turn the difficulty up.

Maybe neither of you play as the dragon born in Co op. Maybe your just 2 adventurers. 2 of the followers meet up and go dungeon diving. You may not like it but that doesn't mean others wouldn't.

---
---
Country-fried Gyroscope Jockstrap
#671stLoneDragonPosted 11/24/2012 3:53:25 PM
Squished_Mario posted...
I'd like to play skyrim with my friends. It'd be fun. Everyone else here that says otherwise is just a lifeless NERD with a very small dick.

Since the size of one's penis doesnt affect gaming at all... I wonder what made you go there....

Also I think you really really insulted any female players...
#68jrr18Posted 11/24/2012 4:00:09 PM
Co-op would be fun if they did it right.
---
Raar im a goblin!
jrr101
#69GyrigoPosted 11/24/2012 4:11:08 PM
It might work on PC.

360 doensn't have the ability to render that much for two people, you'd have to be very close together all the time and there would be many loading screens.

Even if it were possible I couldn't do it. Skyrim just is not that kind of game for me. I'd be very annoyed by objects and people being manipulated by another player.
#70MaximoomPosted 11/24/2012 4:23:07 PM
coop would be nice.