This game would be infinitely better with simple co-op.

#71The_Beer_ScotchPosted 11/24/2012 3:38:03 PM
CRK44 posted...
Highpitchsolo posted...
I'm not talking multiplayer battle modes and crap like that, but just simply being able to join your friends game and play co-op story mode.. I am NOT one of those people who say "every game should have multiplayer", it's just not true. But a simple co-op option in Skyrim would be so much fun.. I know it would have flaws, if you were under-leveled everything would be impossible to kill, and of course if you had mods on PC, the other players game would have to have the same mods.. I'm not here to talk details though..

I just wish I could run amok with my friends online. Once you both get max level, it would be amazing..

agree. whats not to like? It would make the game last even longer than it already does and if it wasn't made an essential aspect of game-play, why do you guys insist on NOT having it in-game?

Because the need to develop co-op would lead to less content. Less content = ruining the single player.

Everything comes at a price. If i wanted a multiplayer elder scrolls Id play the elderscrolls online?
---
The road goes ever on and on....
Time to replay ff9 and Grandia... whee
#72A_Hairy_WafflePosted 11/24/2012 3:40:44 PM
The_Beer_Scotch posted...
CRK44 posted...
Highpitchsolo posted...
I'm not talking multiplayer battle modes and crap like that, but just simply being able to join your friends game and play co-op story mode.. I am NOT one of those people who say "every game should have multiplayer", it's just not true. But a simple co-op option in Skyrim would be so much fun.. I know it would have flaws, if you were under-leveled everything would be impossible to kill, and of course if you had mods on PC, the other players game would have to have the same mods.. I'm not here to talk details though..

I just wish I could run amok with my friends online. Once you both get max level, it would be amazing..

agree. whats not to like? It would make the game last even longer than it already does and if it wasn't made an essential aspect of game-play, why do you guys insist on NOT having it in-game?

Because the need to develop co-op would lead to less content. Less content = ruining the single player.

Everything comes at a price. If i wanted a multiplayer elder scrolls Id play the elderscrolls online?

I'll trade radiant quests for coop any day of the week
#73DraykonPosted 11/24/2012 3:43:13 PM
It might work on PC.

360 doensn't have the ability to render that much for two people, you'd have to be very close together all the time and there would be many loading screens.

Even if it were possible I couldn't do it. Skyrim just is not that kind of game for me. I'd be very annoyed by objects and people being manipulated by another player.

Thank you! I said that in my post, and the person who responded to it, didn't even acknowledge that part.
---
"So...yeah....and stay dead." - Raven from Tales of Vesperia
(PSN: TheDraykon GT: Draykon)
#74The_Beer_ScotchPosted 11/24/2012 3:46:36 PM
Xydru posted...
gunsndroses posted...
The whole "there can't be two Dragonborn" argument is invalid, especially with the upcoming release of Dragonborn, whereas there is indeed another Dragonborn.

No, it's still valid. You are the Last Dragonborn, he was the First. There isn't a new Dragonborn, just a really, really old one from before your time.

Nowhwre in tes lore is it stated that there can not be more than one dragonborn.

Not that I want co-op anywhere near my tes, but just pointing that out.
---
#75The_Beer_ScotchPosted 11/24/2012 3:58:02 PM
Minamo posted...
gunsndroses posted...
The whole "there can't be two Dragonborn" argument is invalid, especially with the upcoming release of Dragonborn, whereas there is indeed another Dragonborn.

I have always been torn on this issue.

On one hand, adding co-op in would mean that Bethesda needs to take away resources from the development of singleplayer, which, at TES games' hearts, is the most important thing. There's no way around it- even devs like Bethesda have budgets, so simply building up both wouldn't cut it. To simplify, adding co-op would mean a **** single-player.

No it wouldn't. Who gave you that obnoxious idea? It might make the game perform worse, but adding co-op never has a negative effect on singleplayer content unless the developer themselves are bad. Look at every single co-op game released before this console generation.

Look at the majority of co-op games released this generation?
---
#76TurboReaperPosted 11/24/2012 3:59:29 PM
LordOfCinder posted...
I think a Borderlands style drop in and out co-op mode would work without any problems in an ES game. They could always pull a Dark Souls and make it so that you have to summon a Dragonborn from another dimension to your world, like summoning a daedra.

I thought it was dumb at first, but now I don't think that way anymore. Whatever the case, I don't really care as I'm more of a single player person myself, but some co-op action is something I don't mind.

In Borderlands you can't kill vendors or friendly NPC's. At all.

People could join another person's game and kill off several friendly NPC's and vendors. Kinda like how you can destroy the DB instead of joining them, kinda like that. Only you wouldn't have any idea it was happening.
---
GT: HiPOJaK
I'm so happy I could just tear out your intestines and strangle you with them! -Sheogorath
#77jaoman9Posted 11/24/2012 4:00:30 PM
Wouldnt any game be better with co op
#78someclown911Posted 11/24/2012 4:08:07 PM
Lol at the idea of a bunch of invalids "tearing someone apart"
#79The_Beer_ScotchPosted 11/24/2012 4:11:29 PM
1stLoneDragon posted...
revan292 posted...
It's funny how people piss and moan when someone says that they want Co op in the game.

It's like people are paranoid and afraid that they will be forced to play co op.

It's pretty simple, if you don't want to play co op for whatever reason then don't.
But the people who wan't it as an option would appreciate having it.

Yet all the trolls will come from miles to piss and moan anyway... how pathetic ^^

^Most valid post in this whole topic

I have a better understanding of programming than you...

That makes me a troll now? O.0
---
#80The_Beer_ScotchPosted 11/24/2012 4:16:00 PM
someclown911 posted...
Lol at the idea of a bunch of invalids "tearing someone apart"

Alluding to the fact that this would turn into a ****heap argument.

Also, this is coming from the person who thinks he "ran someone off the boards".

Silly.
---