This game would be infinitely better with simple co-op.

#91The_Beer_ScotchPosted 11/24/2012 6:56:15 PM
revan292 posted...
The_Beer_Scotch posted...
1stLoneDragon posted...
revan292 posted...
It's funny how people piss and moan when someone says that they want Co op in the game.

It's like people are paranoid and afraid that they will be forced to play co op.

It's pretty simple, if you don't want to play co op for whatever reason then don't.
But the people who wan't it as an option would appreciate having it.

Yet all the trolls will come from miles to piss and moan anyway... how pathetic ^^

^Most valid post in this whole topic

I have a better understanding of programming than you...

That makes me a troll now? O.0

You say you have a better understanding of programming, and people can "say" whatever they wan't about themselves on the internet so....
Trololol

Well I say that because I am a programmer.

Nothing so fancy as software delevopment. But the basic principles remain the same. And slapping a "simple dlc" on the game to enable co-op would be anything but simple.

Believe me or not, you can't argue against that simple fact o.0
---
The road goes ever on and on....
Time to replay ff9 and Grandia... whee
#92The_Viking_SwanPosted 11/24/2012 7:00:02 PM

snip

Well I say that because I am a programmer.

Nothing so fancy as software delevopment. But the basic principles remain the same. And slapping a "simple dlc" on the game to enable co-op would be anything but simple.

Believe me or not, you can't argue against that simple fact o.0

He can argue against that fact, he will be wrong. But, he will still argue... Never underestimate the idiocy of people on the internet.
---
Official World's best Walrus
//NVBM\\
#93The_Beer_ScotchPosted 11/24/2012 7:03:39 PM
^ this is true.

Of course he won't believe I am a programmer, thats fine. I know people bulls*** all the time online.

Hence why I added that bit.

Theres always hope right?... right?
---
#94someclown911Posted 11/24/2012 7:40:16 PM
someclown911 posted...
Baka, huh? Not helping the loser argument, are we?

You did just refer to me as the lone rangers sidekick... but yep, you got me. I am the loser.

This must be how you ran rebel of the oblivion boards huh? I can see how dealing with an illogical idiot would get tedious.

Yeah, he's a native American. As in not Japanese. What were you saying?
#95Aleph_XPosted 11/24/2012 8:14:35 PM
No.
---
Allons-y.
#96angeldeath21Posted 11/24/2012 8:37:52 PM
Co-op would need to be carefully implemented; here's an idea:

A guild which can either be completed singularly so as to not detract from those who play without Live / prefer to hardcore role play in games like Skyrim, or could be completed cooperatively with a friend. The core storyline will remain relatively the same (a similar end-goal and similar expository situation), while the means of reaching the end of the storyline alter according to which one you go through.

Perhaps this co-op guild could also have a minimum / maximum level limit so as to prevent any great disparities between levels of one player. For example, the guild for co-op could only be completed at levels 25-35 (or at any level for single player), thus making the enemies still tough and requiring teamwork, but still defeatable for cooperative play.

Co-op would be limited to this questline and its associated areas only, which would include a town, some dungeons and a few quests for people to complete after the main guild story so as to make co-op a more ongoing thing instead of a one-time-only deal, as well as hopefully preventing any interference in a single-player story.

The most important thing is that co-op would happen on an invite-only basis. People who have this gloom-and-doom prediction of people joining your world only to wreak havoc are stupid -- I highly doubt a reputable developer like Bethesda would allow such a thing.

Now, I understand the hardcore TES fan's appeal: "But they won't focus as much on SP!"

Well, honestly, as a previous poster said, a co-op questline would be farrrrr more interesting than all the radiant quests which add little-to-nothing to the lore or gameplay experience. I'd rather have a decent five-ten hour co-op guild questline with a little area devoted to co-op play than doing the same quest x number of times.

Besides, think of all the possibilities! Spells that require two people to cast, co-op-specific combat roles or attacks or equipment, imagine solving puzzles or clearing dungeons that may require two people! It adds a whole new level of depth and complexity to the core gameplay that Skyrim is sometimes lacking.

Most importantly, though, is even if it's incorporated... you don't have to play it if you don't want to.
---
"We Do Not Sow; Hear Me Roar; Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken; Growing Strong; Ours is the Fury; As High as Honor; Night gathers, my watch begins."
#97jessew14Posted 11/24/2012 9:08:21 PM
can honestly say that every multiplayer game i played (not specifically competitive or co-op though i prefer co-op) was more enjoyable to me then any single player game ive played for the simple reason that video games are more fun when you play them with ur friends
#98MC2011Posted 11/24/2012 9:12:10 PM
So... Did anyone mention Borderlands 1/2 yet and the cluster**** of save editing and duping?

Course that would probably be less of an issue here as smithing is OP as hell and nothing is really rare... at least not as rare as oranges.
---
May God have mercy on your soul... - The Preacher
Because I sure as hell won't. - The Gunslinger
#99LaManoNeraIIPosted 11/24/2012 9:18:42 PM
Elder Scrolls players don't have friends or social skills, so naturally they don't like this idea.
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009
#100The_Beer_ScotchPosted 11/24/2012 9:19:07 PM
someclown911 posted...
someclown911 posted...
Baka, huh? Not helping the loser argument, are we?

You did just refer to me as the lone rangers sidekick... but yep, you got me. I am the loser.

This must be how you ran rebel of the oblivion boards huh? I can see how dealing with an illogical idiot would get tedious.

Yeah, he's a native American. As in not Japanese. What were you saying?

*facepalm*
---