Is it possible to buy clothing/armor with smithing on it?

#1rmcin329Posted 11/26/2012 5:10:44 PM
Or do you actually have to go and enchant stuff yourself to get smithing bonuses on armor/clothes?
#2SolGerXPosted 11/26/2012 5:11:49 PM
you can buy and find them as well.
---
GamerTag: SolGer360
#3rmcin329(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 5:23:22 PM
ahh okay good. I haven't picked up this game in several months so my memory is foggy on quite a few things haha. Speaking of which, when do ebony weapons start showing up at shops? I'm at level 36 right now with full ebony gear except for the weapons. Haven't been able to find them even if i wait spam check shops for a few game weeks.
#4x5N1P3Rx_X513Posted 11/26/2012 5:25:59 PM
The first Draugr Deathlord with ebony weapons I ever encountered was at your level.

Go to Volskygge NW of Solitude
---
When life gives you lemons... Go kill a clown - Festus Krex
Argonian Dovahkiin and proud resident of Hjerim. Racist Nords can suck it!
#5FluffyKidJoePosted 11/26/2012 5:26:14 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#6obishawnPosted 11/26/2012 5:33:47 PM
Smithing enchantments can be applied to chest, arms, ring and necklace. I have never seen a chest piece with the enchantment in shops or random loot, only the other items.
---
Winter is coming
#7theonyxphoenixPosted 11/26/2012 5:34:02 PM
Ebony Weapons appear starting after level 36. Smithing gear is available for purchase. Check the Useful Info sticky under enchantments to see what smithing gear is available at your level.

BTW. That Draugr Deathlord is always there regardless of level and is a source of early ebony items.
#8rmcin329(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 5:52:02 PM(edited)
just found and bought a 22% ring and 22% necklace both for smithing so thats a good start. Skill is trained up to 84 right now, no perks gotten for it. I should probably look into the Winterhold college questline to try to get access to the forge that allows for making of daedric stuff. I vaguely remember it being mentioned somewhere, haven't looked for info on it in a very long time. I think i had originally stopped work on that questline due to getting my ass kicked. If memory serves i believe creating one of the daedric armor pieces at that forge was glitched.....I have already downloaded the latest patch, but this save file is from 6+ months back, and i dont really want to start over to get whatever fixes the new patch might have to work.
#9JackNurSnakPackPosted 11/26/2012 5:53:22 PM
rmcin329 posted...
just found and bought a 22% ring and 22% necklace both for smithing so thats a good start. Skill is trained up to 84 right now, no perks gotten for it. I should probably look into the Winterhold college questline to try to get access to the forge that allows for making of daedric stuff. I vaguely remember it being mentioned somewhere, haven't looked for info on it in a very long time. I think i had originally stopped work on that questline due to getting my ass kicked. If memory serves i believe creating one of the daedric armor pieces at that forge was glitched.....I have already downloaded the latest patch, but this save file is from 6+ months back, and i dont really want to start over to get whatever fixes the new patch might have to work.

You can make Daedric armor and weapons at any forge. for each thing it is the same recipe as the ebony version you just need a Daedra Heart.
---
"Lighthouses are more usefull than churches" - Benjamin Franklin-
#10rmcin329(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 5:54:32 PM(edited)
yeah but doesn't the winterhold questline forge NOT require the perks to make daedric armor at it?