Is it possible to buy clothing/armor with smithing on it?

#11theonyxphoenixPosted 11/26/2012 5:57:19 PM(edited)
rmcin329 posted...
just found and bought a 22% ring and 22% necklace both for smithing so thats a good start. Skill is trained up to 84 right now, no perks gotten for it. I should probably look into the Winterhold college questline to try to get access to the forge that allows for making of daedric stuff. I vaguely remember it being mentioned somewhere, haven't looked for info on it in a very long time. I think i had originally stopped work on that questline due to getting my ass kicked. If memory serves i believe creating one of the daedric armor pieces at that forge was glitched.....I have already downloaded the latest patch, but this save file is from 6+ months back, and i dont really want to start over to get whatever fixes the new patch might have to work.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Atronach_Forge

The boots are glitched and unequippable.

EDIT: No perk needed, you just can't upgrade it as well.
#12rmcin329(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 6:03:22 PM(edited)
ugh according to that link i'd need 90 conjuration to get the sigil stone to be able to make daedric stuff at the atronach forge. I dont have anywhere close to that kind of conjuration level. I have several saved up perks, maybe just smithing the ^%$! myself will be easier. Is there a smithing recipe list somewhere that i can reference?
#13obishawnPosted 11/26/2012 6:07:07 PM
Get a Rested Bonus from sleeping, activate the Mage Stone, make Elsweyr Fondue or potions that boost magic regeneration and then cast soul trap on a dead body repeatedly
---
Winter is coming
#14rmcin329(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 6:09:28 PM
already have the mage stone activated and soul trap, but the spell costs so much i only get about 2 casts with expert robes on, before i have to start potion guzzling or waiting for mana.
#15obishawnPosted 11/26/2012 6:58:35 PM
rmcin329 posted...
already have the mage stone activated and soul trap, but the spell costs so much i only get about 2 casts with expert robes on, before i have to start potion guzzling or waiting for mana.

Which is why I suggested Elsweyr Fondue or potions that boost magic regeneration. Combine salt and garlic for the potion, its almost too easy.
---
Winter is coming