I feel terribly guilty after winning for the Stormcloaks..

#1Nova EXPosted 11/26/2012 8:17:37 PM(edited)
Spoilers

I feel so guilty after taking over for the Stormcloaks. It wasn't too bad until I visited the former jarls in the Blue Palace basement and Balgruuf... wouldnt even talk to me. Like cmon, this was Balgruuf, my buddy, the one who did ballsy acts like *MQ Spoiler* trapping a dragon in his castle, that Balgruuf. After this, I immediately felt kinda awful.

But everybody is so pessimistic about the Stormcloak takeover. I feel like im part of Nazi Germany or something now in Skyrim.

I think im gonna revert back to my save before the war =/
---
GT: GhostyLasers
Its not about strength or power, you gotta be fluid, you have to be like water.
#2RampagingwalrusPosted 11/26/2012 7:54:53 PM
Helping the Empire does the same thing...
---
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
#3Hawkeye485Posted 11/26/2012 7:56:10 PM
Still have yet to do the Stormcloak aside for reasons like this. I'll admit, I get really into the story of this game sometimes, and to me the Stormcloaks, while at the core they have a noble goal, the way they go about it is atrocious.

Real shame too. When Skyrim was announced, I was SO hyped about leading a rebellion against what I thought would be a corrupt empire.
---
GT: EclipseRider485
#4Morael_ThelPosted 11/26/2012 7:57:53 PM
Nova EX posted...
Spoilers

I feel so guilty after taking over for the Stormcloaks. It wasn't too bad until I visited the former jarls in the Blue Palace basement and Balgruuf... wouldnt even talk to me. Like cmon, this was Balgruuf, my buddy, the one who did ballsy acts like trapping a dragon in his castle, that Balgruuf. After this, I immediately felt kinda awful.

But everybody is so pessimistic about the Stormcloak takeover. I feel like im part of Nazi Germany or something now in Skyrim.

I think im gonna revert back to my save before the war =/

Yeah, I felt the same when I won for the storm cloaks. By the way, you might want to start using the spoiler tags. I personally don't mind, but I'm sure someone will come along freaking out over it.
#5jrr18Posted 11/26/2012 7:59:09 PM
Rampagingwalrus posted...
Helping the Empire does the same thing...

Only the Riften Jarl is better then her replacement though and that's debatable if once you find out she shunned her son for saying ulfrics wrong. At least Mavens open about being a b****.
---
Raar im a goblin!
jrr101
#6obishawnPosted 11/26/2012 8:03:09 PM
Hawkeye485 posted...
I was SO hyped about leading a rebellion against what I thought would be a corrupt empire.

You mean the same Empire that allows the Thalmor to freely roam Skyrim and baselessly accuse anyone they want of Talos worship and execute them?
---
Winter is coming
#7deadpool223Posted 11/26/2012 8:06:39 PM
its worse with the empire. then the thalmor are allowed to kill anyone they want
---
honk HONK honk HONK http://i.imgur.com/NztEG.gif. :33 < fus ro paw,
#8Nova EX(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 8:06:49 PM
Yeah I ultimately went with Stormcloaks because I RP a character who had been hunted by the Thalmor his whole life so I figured id take some revenge and kick them all out of Skyrim.

But now everybody is all like "was it all worth it?" and "Ulfric now is getting exactly what he wanted from the beginning"

I can tolerate most of the Stormcloak Jarls better, and Vignar isnt bad... but hes no Balgruuf. Even Balgruuf was saying something about Vignar asking a kings ransom for his kid and all. Like I feel awful I caused all this mess.

Im seriously thinking back to reverting back to a save before the war and well... either going Imperial or just staying neutral.

Can anybody who won with the Imperials elaborate how the response is to them taking over Skyrim?
---
GT: GhostyLasers
Its not about strength or power, you gotta be fluid, you have to be like water.
#9SHADOW0106Posted 11/26/2012 8:06:55 PM
obishawn posted...
Hawkeye485 posted...
I was SO hyped about leading a rebellion against what I thought would be a corrupt empire.

You mean the same Empire that allows the Thalmor to freely roam Skyrim and baselessly accuse anyone they want of Talos worship and execute them?

No the other Empire
---
You only YOLO once GT SHAD0W 4500
#10Hawkeye485Posted 11/26/2012 8:08:57 PM
There really is no way to win this war :/ Either you get the crazy Ulfric, or the Elf humping Empire (Can I say that? xD) Either way, not a really satisfying end to it.
---
GT: EclipseRider485